Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God Bless The Internet 17:46 - Mar 3 with 5690 viewsCaptain_Sham

I just watched 12 years a Slave, American Hustle and Gravity for nowt. I didn't realise they just balls out put them up there. I had the gravity dvd in my hand in Tescos earlier and put it back. Came home and googled 'Gravity free online'.I am stunned . It begs the question why does anyone buy dvds any more?

Its just a ride.

God Bless The Internet on 17:51 - Mar 3 with 4427 viewsJackfath

Or CDs.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

God Bless The Internet on 17:53 - Mar 3 with 4421 viewsDarran

God Bless The Internet on 17:51 - Mar 3 by Jackfath

Or CDs.

I like CDs to read the liner notes,LPs were the best though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

God Bless The Internet on 17:53 - Mar 3 with 4421 viewsCaptain_Sham

Or CDs.

Indeed, Spotify is slowly hoovering up all the artists who withheld their tunes.

Its just a ride.

God Bless The Internet on 18:07 - Mar 3 with 4390 viewsCountyJim

Or CDs.

I still like buying CD`s Fathy and browsing the CD sections of retailers
God Bless The Internet on 18:12 - Mar 3 with 4379 viewslibertine

God Bless The Internet on 18:07 - Mar 3 by CountyJim

I still like buying CD`s Fathy and browsing the CD sections of retailers

sadly the interweb does not have the atmosphere of the virgin record store in Swansea in 76 though.

besides that piratebay is great.
God Bless The Internet on 18:14 - Mar 3 with 4371 viewsDarran

Album covers used to be lush.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

God Bless The Internet on 18:55 - Mar 3 with 4335 viewslibertine

My offspring are envious of my prolific collection of lps, what have they got to look through while buzzing on their dubstep.
God Bless The Internet on 19:01 - Mar 3 with 4327 viewsThursday

If you watched them for nothing, two sound answers to your question are: to watch them legally, and because they don't know how.
Login to get fewer ads

God Bless The Internet on 19:05 - Mar 3 with 4320 viewsexiledclaseboy

We watched 12 Years a Slave the other night. Gripping but grim. Not exactly a feelgood film.

Poll: Tory leader

God Bless The Internet on 19:23 - Mar 3 with 4294 viewsRancid

Any good then? Sir Alex Ferguson was at the Oscars and said Captain Phillips was the best film he'd seen all year and was disappointed it wasn't nominated.

Come on Sham, if Fergie can do it then surely you can!! I'm in the mood for a good film tonight.
God Bless The Internet on 19:33 - Mar 3 with 4277 viewspierre91

God Bless The Internet on 19:23 - Mar 3 by Rancid

Any good then? Sir Alex Ferguson was at the Oscars and said Captain Phillips was the best film he'd seen all year and was disappointed it wasn't nominated.

Come on Sham, if Fergie can do it then surely you can!! I'm in the mood for a good film tonight.

...can recommend American Hustle and The Wolf of Wall St.. Dallas Buyers Club is a must see. Of the current Oscar Cycle, these are the ones (and Gravity) I enjoyed most. 12 yrs is/was brilliant but hard hard work.
God Bless The Internet on 19:40 - Mar 3 with 4266 viewslibertine

12 years a slave is nothing new or ground breaking though, Wolf of wall street and American hustle both great films
God Bless The Internet on 19:40 - Mar 3 with 4261 viewsJackfath

Gravity is / was very disappointing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

God Bless The Internet on 19:47 - Mar 3 with 4251 viewsCountyJim

God Bless The Internet on 19:40 - Mar 3 by libertine

12 years a slave is nothing new or ground breaking though, Wolf of wall street and American hustle both great films

I thought American hustle was shite not a patch on British Hustle
God Bless The Internet on 19:53 - Mar 3 with 4246 viewsRancid

God Bless The Internet on 19:33 - Mar 3 by pierre91

...can recommend American Hustle and The Wolf of Wall St.. Dallas Buyers Club is a must see. Of the current Oscar Cycle, these are the ones (and Gravity) I enjoyed most. 12 yrs is/was brilliant but hard hard work.

Cheers.I think i'll go for Dallas Buyers Club.Saw The Wolf of Wall St. too, really enjoyed.
God Bless The Internet on 20:00 - Mar 3 with 4234 viewspierre91

...btw, whilst Captain Phillips is a Tom Hanks tour-de-force, the better of his films this year was Saving Mr Banks, the Walt Disney/Mary Poppins/ PL Travers (Emma Thomson) biopic. True,accurate, or not, it REALLY is entertaining
God Bless The Internet on 20:45 - Mar 3 with 4198 viewsSwanjack10

God Bless The Internet on 19:40 - Mar 3 by Jackfath

Gravity is / was very disappointing.

Is it that bad, looking forward to seeing that .

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

God Bless The Internet on 20:59 - Mar 3 with 4175 viewsCaptain_Sham

I enjoyed them all in differing degrees and ways. '12 years' was all the more harrowing as it was a true story. Gravity was beautiful to watch but there were some real big asks in the 'suspension of disbelief' required to enjoy this film, not really what I was expecting from a 'science 'film. It was more like " The fast and the furious" meets " Dark Star" and by Dark Star, I mean the last two minutes. American Hustle was dafter than a dodgem full of monkeys and just as hard to follow.
(I think Gravity would have been awesome If she just carried on floating into space for the whole two hours. It could have been a real exploration of loneliness and acceptance and mortality etc. Like Geralds Game, but shes floating in space, not handcuffed to a bed )
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 21:10]

Its just a ride.

God Bless The Internet on 21:07 - Mar 3 with 4151 viewsThursday

God Bless The Internet on 20:45 - Mar 3 by Swanjack10

It was one of the few films I went to see at the cinema. Definitely a visual film. Looked fantastic in 3D at the cinema. If it's not going to look good on your TV, I'd give it a miss as it's all about the look of the film and not much else.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 21:08]
God Bless The Internet on 23:14 - Mar 3 with 4061 viewsSA1_Jack

I've been regularly downloading films on the internet since I had my first 150k "broadband" connection back in 2002 (technically wasn't broadband, though ntl said it was). Back then it took me days to download a film but always meant we'd have a decent new film to watch every weekend. These days it's much quicker to illegally download a film than it would be to nip out to a blockbusters to rent one (well, if they even still exist?!) so yes I agree, god bless the internet!
God Bless The Internet on 23:37 - Mar 3 with 4045 viewsEbo

God Bless The Internet on 18:14 - Mar 3 by Darran

Album covers used to be lush.

Great for skinning up on back in the day!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

God Bless The Internet on 07:40 - Mar 4 with 3982 viewsMrSwerve

God Bless The Internet on 20:45 - Mar 3 by Swanjack10

One of the worst films I've seen recently, although admittedly I watched it on a tv with no 3D. The storyline is non-existant. I'm amazed that it's been nominated for so many awards.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

God Bless The Internet on 08:24 - Mar 4 with 3964 viewsjack_lord

I have watched a quite a few on XBMC over the last couple of weeks. Some I would never have bothered with and certainly wouldn't have bought the dvd but actually enjoyed them. Gravity got turned off as I got bored.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

God Bless The Internet on 09:51 - Mar 4 with 3936 viewsperchrockjack

Its why Ive avoided it ;I mean I can guess the ending.

Nothing beat buying an LP. It was tangible and you saved up for it and loved it to death.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

God Bless The Internet on 10:11 - Mar 4 with 3915 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

God Bless The Internet on 08:24 - Mar 4 by jack_lord

I have watched a quite a few on XBMC over the last couple of weeks. Some I would never have bothered with and certainly wouldn't have bought the dvd but actually enjoyed them. Gravity got turned off as I got bored.

Yeah just got that XBMC - more for sports than anything else as haven't really watched a lot of films in years due to the repetitiveness of Sky Movies but since I got it......

Last 3 nights I have watched

Wolf of Wall St - Very entertaining
Rush - Typical quality from Ron Howard - would recommend to anyone
Pain & Gain - Harmless entertainment

My problem now is choosing what to watch out of the last 3 years of films that I have probably missed

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024