Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speed Awareness Course 09:17 - Mar 7 with 8239 viewsFergal

Sorry, can't find a simple answer online.

For anyone who has attended, did you get an option of dates?

Basically, I want to book to go to Arsenal, but, knowing my luck, I'll have to attend the course on that very day.

Thanks in advance.
Speed Awareness Course on 09:24 - Mar 7 with 5857 viewsBloodyhills

Yes there was an option of dates and places.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Speed Awareness Course on 10:48 - Mar 7 with 5820 viewsFergal

Great, thanks. Can book with confidence now.
Speed Awareness Course on 11:21 - Mar 7 with 5800 viewsSwanzay

Be prepared for complete waste of time and thorough boredom, where you are treated like a petulant child.

Patronising in the extreme!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 11:26]
Speed Awareness Course on 12:15 - Mar 7 with 5756 viewsJackFish

Speed Awareness Course on 11:21 - Mar 7 by Swanzay

Be prepared for complete waste of time and thorough boredom, where you are treated like a petulant child.

I don't think the instructor liked it when I said I was speeding because the speed limit was too low for the road.
Speed Awareness Course on 12:29 - Mar 7 with 5743 viewsSCB1985

Speed Awareness Course on 12:15 - Mar 7 by JackFish

I don't think the instructor liked it when I said I was speeding because the speed limit was too low for the road.

I think it should fine if you drive to the conditions.

If you drove through Morrison town centre at 30 mph you won't break the speed limit but it would be dangerours. However if you flew down the motorway at 85mph at 3am you be breaking the law with no danger involved.

Poll: whats more important to you

Speed Awareness Course on 13:07 - Mar 7 with 5723 viewsmarchamjack

The second time I went (3 years apart), it was the same tutor in the same room trotting out the same scenarios. I remembered most of the questions (not that you need to get them right, makes no difference) and answered them in 'class', so as I left the tutor said "you seem to know your stuff", "yes" I said, "you haven't changed anything now for the last 3 years" and walked out. His face was a picture.

Anyway, as someone said above, very patronising, turn up, stick it out for 4 hours, get the tick in the box you attended, job done. It is a punishment to endure, make no mistake about that.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Speed Awareness Course on 09:56 - Mar 8 with 5626 viewsjack_lord

Speed Awareness Course on 13:07 - Mar 7 by marchamjack

The second time I went (3 years apart), it was the same tutor in the same room trotting out the same scenarios. I remembered most of the questions (not that you need to get them right, makes no difference) and answered them in 'class', so as I left the tutor said "you seem to know your stuff", "yes" I said, "you haven't changed anything now for the last 3 years" and walked out. His face was a picture.

Anyway, as someone said above, very patronising, turn up, stick it out for 4 hours, get the tick in the box you attended, job done. It is a punishment to endure, make no mistake about that.

What is the gen on the course. I thought that it was a one chance saloon to avoid three points. If you were caught again you would not be offered the course and also the possibility of having the previous penalty reinstated.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Speed Awareness Course on 10:43 - Mar 8 with 5605 viewsSwanzay

Speed Awareness Course on 09:56 - Mar 8 by jack_lord

What is the gen on the course. I thought that it was a one chance saloon to avoid three points. If you were caught again you would not be offered the course and also the possibility of having the previous penalty reinstated.

You cannot go on the course again, if you have already been on one within a 3 year time frame.
Login to get fewer ads

Speed Awareness Course on 11:36 - Mar 8 with 5588 viewsJackfath

I went on one. Sat through it all not saying much (although they do pick on you as you're made to wear a name badge - put something else on it)

At the end the chap sums up and goes around the room asking "what have you learned from today"

I responded "I need to do some more research as to where the speed cameras are around Swansea".

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Speed Awareness Course on 11:59 - Mar 8 with 5579 viewsjack_lord

Speed Awareness Course on 11:36 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

I went on one. Sat through it all not saying much (although they do pick on you as you're made to wear a name badge - put something else on it)

At the end the chap sums up and goes around the room asking "what have you learned from today"

I responded "I need to do some more research as to where the speed cameras are around Swansea".

There is a link that provides where the mobile speed camera may be in the area in the next week. I was driving home through Jersey Marine last week, it was dark and at the end of the straight stretch was parked a lovely Camera van. Obviously highly visible.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Speed Awareness Course on 12:18 - Mar 8 with 5565 viewsGretsch

To be honest, the instructor told us, he is not a copper, doesn't get any extra if you get through or not, no exam, so no fail you just Need to be there start to finish. What surprised me was that it wasn't all youngsters it was oldies like me, to be honest at 52 at the time I was probably one of the youngest, there was an 84 year old woman there, sharp as a button too.
Speed Awareness Course on 12:37 - Mar 8 with 5553 viewsSCB1985

Speed Awareness Course on 12:18 - Mar 8 by Gretsch

To be honest, the instructor told us, he is not a copper, doesn't get any extra if you get through or not, no exam, so no fail you just Need to be there start to finish. What surprised me was that it wasn't all youngsters it was oldies like me, to be honest at 52 at the time I was probably one of the youngest, there was an 84 year old woman there, sharp as a button too.

I think if a 'offender' was young or a new driver, I think the authorities don't care so much to 're-educate' they just give the points to teach them a lesson. Where a experienced driver caught speeding will go on a course and not get caught again. They think that we stopped speeding but we just grown wiser not to be caught.

Best thing about the course is free coffee.

Speed Awareness Course on 12:41 - Mar 8 with 5546 viewsJackfath

I thought the purpose of the course was for all drivers regardless of age and experience who have been caught just breaking the limit ie 44 in a 40, 33 in a 30 zone etc.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Speed Awareness Course on 12:45 - Mar 8 with 5544 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Speed Awareness Course on 12:18 - Mar 8 by Gretsch

Not sharp enough though or she wouldn't be on the course.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Speed Awareness Course on 13:05 - Mar 8 with 5528 viewsSCB1985

Speed Awareness Course on 12:41 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

I thought the purpose of the course was for all drivers regardless of age and experience who have been caught just breaking the limit ie 44 in a 40, 33 in a 30 zone etc.

I was 27 at the time and youngest in there so just made a rash assumption. Althogh they can be selective to whom they put on the course.

Speed Awareness Course on 13:14 - Mar 8 with 5521 viewsJackfath

Speed Awareness Course on 13:05 - Mar 8 by SCB1985

I was 27 at the time and youngest in there so just made a rash assumption. Althogh they can be selective to whom they put on the course.

Selective in what way?

Speed Awareness Course on 13:37 - Mar 8 with 5497 viewsDDCH

When i got pulled 5 years ago by a copper on the 50mph duels at Swansea vale i asked if a course was an option as i had never been caught before and was told no....spot fine and points or court points and bigger fine. Are they just for cameras?

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Speed Awareness Course on 13:43 - Mar 8 with 5493 viewsSCB1985

Speed Awareness Course on 13:14 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Selective in what way?

Probably selective is the incorrect word. If I Remember correctly, on my first letter it told me I was speeding and went on to say that I may have an opportunity to go on a course. Few days latter I had a letter offering me this cousre

On terms of being 'selective' I suppose if there was a period when a load were caught and there were not enough course places I suppose they have a criteria to look at.

Speed Awareness Course on 13:44 - Mar 8 with 5492 viewsJackfath

I think it's for those who are just over the limit, not those who are well over the limit.

Speed Awareness Course on 13:50 - Mar 8 with 5484 viewsTokijo

On the contrary. I attended one recently and organisers quite professional. Follow their guidelines and everyone should be ok.
Speed Awareness Course on 13:50 - Mar 8 with 5484 viewsNeath_Jack

If you don't like being "patronised", f*cking slow down. Imagine hitting a kid in your car whilst speeding, could you live with that for the rest of your life? 5mph could be the difference of them being hurt or killed, but its the old "It would never happen to me" mindset, or the "I only speed in the early hours on a Sunday morning".

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Speed Awareness Course on 13:53 - Mar 8 with 5478 viewsJackfath

Speed Awareness Course on 13:50 - Mar 8 by Neath_Jack

If you don't like being "patronised", f*cking slow down. Imagine hitting a kid in your car whilst speeding, could you live with that for the rest of your life? 5mph could be the difference of them being hurt or killed, but its the old "It would never happen to me" mindset, or the "I only speed in the early hours on a Sunday morning".

Spot on.

Speed Awareness Course on 14:06 - Mar 8 with 5470 viewsDDCH

Speed Awareness Course on 13:53 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Spot on.

Not really. Speeding around residential streets means you're a stupid dick. Motorways and some stretches of dual carriage way are far too slow and are speed restricted for financial reasons. I would like to see dynamic speed restrictions. I am happy to do 30 on Carmarthen road at 3pm but at 10pm it is ridiculously slow.

Speed Awareness Course on 14:09 - Mar 8 with 5464 viewsJackfath

Speed Awareness Course on 14:06 - Mar 8 by DDCH

Not really. Speeding around residential streets means you're a stupid dick. Motorways and some stretches of dual carriage way are far too slow and are speed restricted for financial reasons. I would like to see dynamic speed restrictions. I am happy to do 30 on Carmarthen road at 3pm but at 10pm it is ridiculously slow.

Until a fox, dog or cat runs in front of you and you lose control into oncoming traffic. Or are too quick on a roundabout. Or jump the lights and kill a motor cyclist ( I think this happened a while back on Carmarthen road at night).

Speed limits are there for a reason. At all times of day and night.

Speed Awareness Course on 14:15 - Mar 8 with 5459 viewsDDCH

Speed Awareness Course on 14:09 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Until a fox, dog or cat runs in front of you and you lose control into oncoming traffic. Or are too quick on a roundabout. Or jump the lights and kill a motor cyclist ( I think this happened a while back on Carmarthen road at night).

Speed limits are there for a reason. At all times of day and night.

What has jumping lights got to do with a speed limit? Maybe if you were going faster you would be past the fox, dog or cat and never even see them cross the road......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024