Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Run In 13:54 - Mar 12 with 4542 viewsMattG

Had a bit of time on my hands earlier this week and decided to go through the remaining fixtures for everyone below Southampton.

It's thrown up a few interesting points :

While Sunderland have a few games in hand, they have to play 5 of the top 6 away from home. Against that, they do play all of the 5 teams directly above them, 4 of them at home.

Palace have to play 3 of the top 4 although these are all at home, however they also have to play all the bottom 3 away.

Six of West Brom's last 10 games are away from home - they have only picked up 9 points out of 39 on the road so far this season.

Stoke probably have the easiest run-in with their only remaining game against the top 4 being an away game at Chelsea.

EDIT to add number of remaining games, split of home / away and current points.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2014 14:02]
The Run In on 16:43 - Mar 12 with 4293 viewsDull1Thomas

Six of West Brom's last 10 games are away from home - they have only picked up 9 points out of 39 on the road so far this season.

Did you really have to write that before Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Run In on 18:08 - Mar 12 with 4194 viewsPlasticman

The Run In on 16:43 - Mar 12 by Dull1Thomas

Did you really have to write that before Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just our luck that they will pick up points against us then

Plastic since 2012

The Run In on 18:11 - Mar 12 with 4182 viewsDr_Winston

Looking at that a spawny escape for the Redbirds looks possible.

Still, gives them another chance to get stuffed by everyone next season once Vinny starts bringing his own players in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Run In on 19:01 - Mar 12 with 4091 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Nice work Matt.
Palace, like Sunderland have 6 away games, that could prove pretty tough.
It is hard to see any way back for Fulham with another 4 away games plus home games against Everton and Newcastle.
Norwich have also got it very tough with 5 of their 9 remaining games against the top 9 clubs.
As have the Swans but with a game in hand over Norwich
The Run In on 19:22 - Mar 12 with 4047 viewsC_jack

The Run In on 18:11 - Mar 12 by Dr_Winston

Looking at that a spawny escape for the Redbirds looks possible.

Still, gives them another chance to get stuffed by everyone next season once Vinny starts bringing his own players in.

Really?

Home:Liverpool, Chelsea
Away: Southampton, Everton, Newcastle, Palace

Can't see 1 win in those games. So that leaves the 4 others, which they have to win all of to even stand a chance.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Run In on 20:19 - Mar 12 with 3975 viewsblaine_scfc

The Run In on 19:22 - Mar 12 by C_jack

Really?

Can't see 1 win in those games. So that leaves the 4 others, which they have to win all of to even stand a chance.

Palace at home. Expect them to win that one.
The Run In on 20:31 - Mar 12 with 3956 viewsDr_Winston

The Run In on 19:22 - Mar 12 by C_jack

Really?

More the games others have got. Along with the phenomenal luck that got them here in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Run In on 20:33 - Mar 12 with 3950 viewsmatthewkai

Not sure on the dates but Norwich last 4 out of 5 game against chelsea, arsenal , Liverpool and man utd.
Login to get fewer ads

The Run In on 20:33 - Mar 12 with 3950 viewsacejack3065

The Run In on 20:19 - Mar 12 by blaine_scfc

Palace at home. Expect them to win that one.

They probably will but they will need at least another 3 wins. So give them stoke at home and at a push sunderland away. If they lose to the scousers then their away game against WBA is a must not lose otherwise it could be all over for them. I know ive jumbled the timeline about a bit but I'm sire you get my gist.

Norwich need to be safe before April or otherwise they could sink like a stone.

Fulham are nailed on. Done and Dusted.

Palace and Stoke could be saved by other teams but neither can afford to go off the boil just yet.

Sunderland are the most confusing team to judge simply because of the games in hand and they have looked better than other teams like stoke for example. They do risk running out of steam with their congested fixture list.

I'm keeping a diplomatic silence on WBA because i don't want to put my foot in it before Saturday but we need 3 wins Maximum or 2 wins and 2 draws. If we beat the sides around us it will be plenty because they will need to pick up points against more difficult teams or teams around each other and they can't all do that.
The Run In on 21:44 - Mar 12 with 3862 viewsCatullus

Sunderland have 3 games in hand on cardiff, 2 on WBA, they need one win to move above them. WBA have a game in hand on Cardiff and have to play them at the Hawthorns.
If WBA win the game in hand AND beat Cardiff, that could be enough of a gap to see them through.
Truth is, it's still way too tight to call, and we are not out of it yet. We are in a better position than a few others though!!The 4 point gap isn't much but this weekend could change things significantly.
If Cardiff, WBA, Palace and Norwich, Hull, Villa and Stoke all lose, we rise up a few places, Cardiff drop a place with WBA dropping into a relegation spot.
I rarely bet anymore but a bet on those results could prove profitable as they all have difficult games. Stoke is the difficult one to call so I'll go for a draw there, but the others will all hopefully lose!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Run In on 22:44 - Mar 12 with 3799 viewsmonmouth

The Run In on 20:31 - Mar 12 by Dr_Winston

More the games others have got. Along with the phenomenal luck that got them here in the first place.

I'm kind of thinking they've had their luck. I think they'll only get 5 more points and not win another game. They're a whole heap worse than Palace now, if the fulham performance is a guide. They are lucky buggers, but I cant see it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Run In on 06:56 - Mar 13 with 3665 viewsDr_Winston

The Run In on 22:44 - Mar 12 by monmouth

I'm kind of thinking they've had their luck. I think they'll only get 5 more points and not win another game. They're a whole heap worse than Palace now, if the fulham performance is a guide. They are lucky buggers, but I cant see it.

We can but hope. A couple of times over the last few years they've looked like they're finally about to get what's due to them but they've dodged it.

Not that it matters much. They're still a basket case of a club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024