Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guitarists "Old Guitars" 07:50 - Apr 23 with 13292 viewsGretsch

Whilst I would love a 59 Les Paul Burst or a 1962 Strat, a little out of my league.

I have a Gretsch White Falcon (obviously I suppose), strats, telecaster and a Gibson Les Paul, and a few others bits and pieces, but always wanted a real vintage guitar from the year I was born 1960.

A 1960 Hofner Colorama 2 was what I got, bit battered but all original. Didn't cost too much, and plays well.

What old guitars you got out there.
Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 08:23 - Apr 23 with 5720 viewsDarran

Nice guitar for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-1967-Rickenbacker-360-12-Mapleglo-owned-by-Rick-N

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 08:49 - Apr 23 with 5710 viewsGretsch

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 08:23 - Apr 23 by Darran

Nice guitar for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-1967-Rickenbacker-360-12-Mapleglo-owned-by-Rick-N

Nice looking for a Ricky too, but like the fire Glo
Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 08:56 - Apr 23 with 5695 viewsDarran

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 08:49 - Apr 23 by Gretsch

Nice looking for a Ricky too, but like the fire Glo

Do you know Mouse that runs the Burroughs Gretschy?

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 09:30 - Apr 23 with 5671 viewsGretsch

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 08:56 - Apr 23 by Darran

Do you know Mouse that runs the Burroughs Gretschy?

IS he the guy the used to gig at the Tudor?? Not been in the Boroughs for years?

Little Cimla rumour, heard that the brewery that owns the Bryn has bought the land at the Tudor Inn, new pub lovely
Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 09:32 - Apr 23 with 5670 viewsDarran

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 09:30 - Apr 23 by Gretsch

IS he the guy the used to gig at the Tudor?? Not been in the Boroughs for years?

Little Cimla rumour, heard that the brewery that owns the Bryn has bought the land at the Tudor Inn, new pub lovely

Not sure about the first bit his name is Kevin and he holds a jamming night in the Burroughs on a Thursday which is very good.

The rumour I heard is the Busmans is being turned into a Sizzlers.
Max will know.

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 09:40 - Apr 23 with 5664 viewsDarran

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 09:30 - Apr 23 by Gretsch

Just texted Max and he says the woman that owns T-Bones has either bought or is renting the Busmans and its being turned into a sports bar restaurant.

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 09:43 - Apr 23 with 5657 viewsperchrockjack

I have a Columbus electro acoustic in the attic. Its there as it needs a lot of work and Im just too tight to have it repaired.

Sadly,Ian Macnab-another white Gretch owner is in a bit of money problems and is selling a Gretch but also a 12 string R1983 Rickenbacker which he used on many Icicle works songs. I really am tempted but my missus would truly go ape.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 09:47 - Apr 23 with 5652 viewsGretsch

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 09:32 - Apr 23 by Darran

Not sure about the first bit his name is Kevin and he holds a jamming night in the Burroughs on a Thursday which is very good.

The rumour I heard is the Busmans is being turned into a Sizzlers.
Max will know.

NO the people from T bones got the Busmans

Exeter opening end of May
Login to get fewer ads

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:21 - Apr 23 with 5630 viewsbluenile

Have a 1963 Gibson 330....................a 1950's Hofner.................a 1960's Airline Rocket lap steel.........and quite a few others not so old.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:29 - Apr 23 with 5625 viewsDarran

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:21 - Apr 23 by bluenile

Have a 1963 Gibson 330....................a 1950's Hofner.................a 1960's Airline Rocket lap steel.........and quite a few others not so old.

Get some photos up Rog.

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:32 - Apr 23 with 5622 viewsperchrockjack

impressive bluenile, mighty impressive

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:33 - Apr 23 with 5624 viewsGretsch

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:21 - Apr 23 by bluenile

Wowser, what colour is the Gibson 330.

What Hofner you got.

Can I be left in your last will and testament.

My dream guitar has always been a 335 Cherry Red, but dont want a reissue want an original 1958 job. But loadsa money.

I could sell my collection I suppose, but it's a bit of a dilemma

Also heard your Hey Joe on Soundcloud, NICE !!!!!
Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:46 - Apr 23 with 5616 viewsbluenile

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:33 - Apr 23 by Gretsch

What Hofner you got.

My dream guitar has always been a 335 Cherry Red, but dont want a reissue want an original 1958 job. But loadsa money.

The 330 is a sunburst, a few changed parts including Kluson tulip tuners instead of those white button ones. The Hofner is also a sunburst, a Senator............... My son and daughter have beaten you to my will..............I agree about the 335. I recently bought an old Tokai 335, cherry red, dot inlays, a great guitar, but not a Gibson of course. One of my all time faves is my Jap reisuue '62 Strat in Shell Pink (A fabulous colour!)....................I could go on all day but will stop there.

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:49 - Apr 23 with 5613 viewsbluenile

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:33 - Apr 23 by Gretsch

What Hofner you got.

Oh and thanks for the compliment about the Hey Joe track, it was a very rough one-take done for The Stoned Roller, but I think he never used it or anyone else's for that matter.

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:49 - Apr 23 with 5612 viewsDarran

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:46 - Apr 23 by bluenile

The 330 is a sunburst, a few changed parts including Kluson tulip tuners instead of those white button ones. The Hofner is also a sunburst, a Senator............... My son and daughter have beaten you to my will..............I agree about the 335. I recently bought an old Tokai 335, cherry red, dot inlays, a great guitar, but not a Gibson of course. One of my all time faves is my Jap reisuue '62 Strat in Shell Pink (A fabulous colour!)....................I could go on all day but will stop there.

Don't stop keep going.

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 12:23 - Apr 23 with 5594 viewsstonedroller

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:49 - Apr 23 by bluenile

Oh and thanks for the compliment about the Hey Joe track, it was a very rough one-take done for The Stoned Roller, but I think he never used it or anyone else's for that matter.

i realised it was sacrilege to even consider covering a Jimi track :D

thanks for the track though, was a goodun'
Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 12:45 - Apr 23 with 5584 viewsbluenile

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 12:23 - Apr 23 by stonedroller

i realised it was sacrilege to even consider covering a Jimi track :D

thanks for the track though, was a goodun'

Cheers Stoney.......................haven't heard your stuff for a while, what are you up to at the moment?

Guitarists on 12:53 - Apr 23 with 5575 viewsbluenile

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 10:49 - Apr 23 by Darran

Don't stop keep going.

Well, I am in the throes of building a 50's Telecaster 'relic' in a wrecked surf green, and am attempting to repair and restore a 'butchered' 1967/8 Gibson SG Junior...............links to my Facebook photo's: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203594788536138&set=pb.1408375032.-220

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203594790296182&set=pb.1408375032.-220

Think these links have stopped working, will try and post photos but not sure I can on here now.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 13:01]

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 12:57 - Apr 23 with 5566 viewsstonedroller

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 12:45 - Apr 23 by bluenile

Cheers Stoney.......................haven't heard your stuff for a while, what are you up to at the moment?

i haven't done much this past year, been down Cornwall mostly, finally got my guitar down here with me this week so have been having a jam, think i'll wait till my life is crap again before i start attempting to write again. Think the most recent thing i did was a cover of 'you are my sunshine' lol
Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 13:04 - Apr 23 with 5542 viewsbluenile

Can't believe how crap it is to post photos on here now compared to how it used to be...........if it ain't broke..........

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 13:11 - Apr 23 with 5538 viewsDarran

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 13:04 - Apr 23 by bluenile

Can't believe how crap it is to post photos on here now compared to how it used to be...........if it ain't broke..........

email me the photos and i'll do it or use this yourself.

http://postimage.org/

Guitarists on 13:54 - Apr 23 with 5522 viewsGretsch

Guitarists on 12:53 - Apr 23 by bluenile

Well, I am in the throes of building a 50's Telecaster 'relic' in a wrecked surf green, and am attempting to repair and restore a 'butchered' 1967/8 Gibson SG Junior...............links to my Facebook photo's: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203594788536138&set=pb.1408375032.-220

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203594790296182&set=pb.1408375032.-220

Think these links have stopped working, will try and post photos but not sure I can on here now.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 13:01]

I would love to do a bit more of that, I will retire fully in 5 years I think and set up a little workshop.

I did upgrade an oldblack jap cheapo Avon, Gibson look a like. 37 years old now. Put Burst buckers and 57 Humbuckers on it, goldmachine heads and knobs, rubbed it down and re sprayed with a gltter effect. The parts are more valuable (genuinley) than the guitar. Tend to leave it in open E for a bit of slide.

The one in OP is now 54 and I am going to leave that natural I think.

Interesting read is this months mag on Gibsons, really good story on Greeny. Hope they contunie with the Strat and The Tele
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 13:54]
Guitarists on 14:07 - Apr 23 with 5511 viewsZut_Alors

Been thinking about getting an old parlour acoustic. Anyone got any recommendations? Looking at spending up to around £500.

Happy to check out any new guitars as well. Heard good things about the Alvarez line.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 14:09]
Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 14:25 - Apr 23 with 5496 viewsperchrockjack

Gretsch. Where do you live (town is enough)

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 14:27 - Apr 23 with 5495 viewsDarran

Guitarists "Old Guitars" on 14:25 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

Gretsch. Where do you live (town is enough)

He lives near me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024