Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iago Aspas 16:08 - Apr 27 with 6824 viewsIAN05

Hope Michael was proud of his performance today for Liverpool. Good job we didn't sign him instead of Bony. To think that we wanted him again in January as well
Iago Aspas on 16:09 - Apr 27 with 4171 viewsCooperman

In a similar position to our Alvaro. Not enough game time in the Premier League.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Iago Aspas on 16:16 - Apr 27 with 4090 viewsApeShit

He made 1 mistake, bit Gerrard made more.

Glad we didn't sign him.
Iago Aspas on 16:16 - Apr 27 with 4091 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 16:09 - Apr 27 by Cooperman

In a similar position to our Alvaro. Not enough game time in the Premier League.

Correct. They are both crap
Iago Aspas on 16:30 - Apr 27 with 3972 viewsDr_Winston

Iago Aspas on 16:16 - Apr 27 by IAN05

Correct. They are both crap

I'm detecting a theme when it comes to Laudrup's striker targets...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Iago Aspas on 16:33 - Apr 27 with 3932 viewsWatchman

Iago Aspas on 16:30 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Sheck.... relegated Greaseball so he is exempt from criticism

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Iago Aspas on 16:35 - Apr 27 with 3902 viewsNewhousemustscore

Iago Aspas on 16:09 - Apr 27 by Cooperman

Is this a joke? Who do you suggest we should have dropped in order to give him more game time? & how many do you think he'd have scored if he'd been ever present throughout the season.
Iago Aspas on 16:38 - Apr 27 with 3877 viewsApeShit

Except for Michu...
Iago Aspas on 16:38 - Apr 27 with 3876 viewsCooperman

Iago Aspas on 16:35 - Apr 27 by Newhousemustscore

Is this a joke? Who do you suggest we should have dropped in order to give him more game time? & how many do you think he'd have scored if he'd been ever present throughout the season.

Not a joke, more of a fact.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Iago Aspas on 16:40 - Apr 27 with 3846 viewsDr_Winston

Iago Aspas on 16:38 - Apr 27 by ApeShit

Except for Michu...

Who is a midfielder.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Iago Aspas on 16:43 - Apr 27 with 3820 viewsIAN05

Ha. Not his strongest point. That said, Rodgers still spunked a wedge on him, but Liverpool can afford that kind of waste, we have to be far clever with the money we spend.
Iago Aspas on 16:44 - Apr 27 with 3810 viewsApeShit

Iago Aspas on 16:40 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Who is a midfielder.

Who we played as a striker for a good while.
Iago Aspas on 16:44 - Apr 27 with 3807 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 16:40 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Who is a midfielder.

Correct and always has been. Was a terrific signing, nonetheless.
Iago Aspas on 16:46 - Apr 27 with 3791 viewsDr_Winston

Iago Aspas on 16:43 - Apr 27 by IAN05

Ha. Not his strongest point. That said, Rodgers still spunked a wedge on him, but Liverpool can afford that kind of waste, we have to be far clever with the money we spend.

It's truly surprising that a man who was such a talented forward himself can be so utterly clueless when it comes to both identifying suitable targets and utilising the striking resources at his disposal.

It becomes even more glaring when you consider the fact that Michu was originally signed as a midfielder.

Iago Aspas on 16:46 - Apr 27 with 3781 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 16:16 - Apr 27 by ApeShit

He made 1 mistake, bit Gerrard made more.

Glad we didn't sign him.

One mistake ? His every touch was woeful. Gerard was poor, but he has proven his worth time and again. Aspas has been pretty awful every time I've seen him.
Iago Aspas on 16:48 - Apr 27 with 3755 viewsApeShit

Iago Aspas on 16:46 - Apr 27 by IAN05

One mistake ? His every touch was woeful. Gerard was poor, but he has proven his worth time and again. Aspas has been pretty awful every time I've seen him.

I can agree with that.

RE: Dr. Winston so you don't think Laudrup signed Michu as a midfielder but knew he could cover as striker if it went pear shaped?
Iago Aspas on 16:50 - Apr 27 with 3733 viewsDr_Winston

Iago Aspas on 16:48 - Apr 27 by ApeShit

I can agree with that.

RE: Dr. Winston so you don't think Laudrup signed Michu as a midfielder but knew he could cover as striker if it went pear shaped?

Michu was suggested to us by his own agent. As far as I can recall he'd never played up front before coming here. I don't doubt that Laudrup soon came to see him as a striking option, but it's pushing it to suggest that he was signed as one.

Iago Aspas on 16:51 - Apr 27 with 3720 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 16:46 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

It's truly surprising that a man who was such a talented forward himself can be so utterly clueless when it comes to both identifying suitable targets and utilising the striking resources at his disposal.

It becomes even more glaring when you consider the fact that Michu was originally signed as a midfielder.

Laudrup wasn't your average forward though in terms of style. Very much a number 10 and a brilliant one at that. I just don't think he fully understood the requirements of a premier league striker and the physicality needed.
Iago Aspas on 16:55 - Apr 27 with 3694 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 16:50 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Michu was suggested to us by his own agent. As far as I can recall he'd never played up front before coming here. I don't doubt that Laudrup soon came to see him as a striking option, but it's pushing it to suggest that he was signed as one.

He wasn't signed as one. In fact it was never mentioned. That said, he has many of the characteristics needed to be a good striker. The main issue seems to be that he hates playing there and as a result tends to keep dropping deep.
Iago Aspas on 16:55 - Apr 27 with 3691 viewsDr_Winston

Iago Aspas on 16:51 - Apr 27 by IAN05

Laudrup wasn't your average forward though in terms of style. Very much a number 10 and a brilliant one at that. I just don't think he fully understood the requirements of a premier league striker and the physicality needed.

You might be right there.

Iago Aspas on 16:56 - Apr 27 with 3678 viewsApeShit

Well surely if he didn't think of him as a striker when he signed him it is "genius" of him moving Michu up front as it was Garry Monk playing Hernandez as a No. 10?
Iago Aspas on 16:58 - Apr 27 with 3670 viewsDr_Winston

Iago Aspas on 16:55 - Apr 27 by IAN05

He wasn't signed as one. In fact it was never mentioned. That said, he has many of the characteristics needed to be a good striker. The main issue seems to be that he hates playing there and as a result tends to keep dropping deep.

That was always the issue. We'd get the ball and be looking to attack and he wouldn't be where we needed him to be because he'd come looking for the ball. He was always better playing off someone, be it Graham or Moore.

If you're going to get the best out of Michu you have to give him the freedom to roam and pop up wherever he wants. I still think he could form an effective partnership with Wilf because of that. MM running onto the kind of layoffs Bony's capable of could cause all sorts of problems.

Iago Aspas on 17:00 - Apr 27 with 3642 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 16:56 - Apr 27 by ApeShit

Well surely if he didn't think of him as a striker when he signed him it is "genius" of him moving Michu up front as it was Garry Monk playing Hernandez as a No. 10?

It was a great move as a short term fix. It was only required though as he had managed Graham so poorly and his main back up was the awful Schecter.
Iago Aspas on 17:01 - Apr 27 with 3636 viewsDr_Winston

Iago Aspas on 16:56 - Apr 27 by ApeShit

Depends whether or not you think it's genius to move a proven goalscoring midfielder into a position he hates playing in rather than leaving him where he's effective and playing a proper striker.

Iago Aspas on 17:03 - Apr 27 with 3618 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 16:58 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

That was always the issue. We'd get the ball and be looking to attack and he wouldn't be where we needed him to be because he'd come looking for the ball. He was always better playing off someone, be it Graham or Moore.

If you're going to get the best out of Michu you have to give him the freedom to roam and pop up wherever he wants. I still think he could form an effective partnership with Wilf because of that. MM running onto the kind of layoffs Bony's capable of could cause all sorts of problems.

Michu and Bony could work together well with a bit of work on the Training ground. We also need to ensure we have the correct midfield options behind them as our game is bases around possession and winning the ball back.
Iago Aspas on 17:03 - Apr 27 with 3257 viewsApeShit

Iago Aspas on 17:00 - Apr 27 by IAN05

It was a great move as a short term fix. It was only required though as he had managed Graham so poorly and his main back up was the awful Schecter.

I'm not sure what happened with Graham, what do you know?

The rumours I heard, Graham loved a beer and him Joey and Lita smashed up Allen's BMW after a night out.

That's why Allen was driving a smart car about, I know this is fact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024