Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 102829 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 12:43 - Jun 8 with 3087 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 12:36 - Jun 8 by Neath_Jack

Just done a swift 5 miles, mostly into a head wind. Knackered now, ringpiece not as bad as it was last week though.

Off out soon, probably up to glyncorrwg ponds, did the Foel climb yesterday morning, I left the house just before 8 and it was dry but was hissing down within 10mins, got bloody soaked through and was stinking with mud and crud, great fun though

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 12:59 - Jun 8 with 3068 viewsrob

One for the cyclists here... on 12:43 - Jun 8 by max936

Off out soon, probably up to glyncorrwg ponds, did the Foel climb yesterday morning, I left the house just before 8 and it was dry but was hissing down within 10mins, got bloody soaked through and was stinking with mud and crud, great fun though

Off to Clyne to try the XC loop, after fixing my bike which needs some TLC!
One for the cyclists here... on 13:43 - Jun 8 with 3050 viewsJackfath

30 miles done this morning. I don't like wind, or hills.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 14:31 - Jun 8 with 3034 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 13:43 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

30 miles done this morning. I don't like wind, or hills.

Wind is worse than rain
What happened to the strava post?

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 14:36 - Jun 8 with 3032 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 14:31 - Jun 8 by orion3016

Wind is worse than rain
What happened to the strava post?

Strava post?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 14:37 - Jun 8 with 3029 viewspansypants

One for the cyclists here... on 14:36 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

Strava post?

http://www.strava.com/

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

One for the cyclists here... on 14:38 - Jun 8 with 3029 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 14:36 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

Strava post?

I thought I was following you on strava?

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 14:40 - Jun 8 with 3028 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 14:38 - Jun 8 by orion3016

I thought I was following you on strava?

Yeah you are......

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 14:44 - Jun 8 with 3025 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 14:40 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

Yeah you are......

You didn't post your ride today then......

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 14:45 - Jun 8 with 3024 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 14:44 - Jun 8 by orion3016

You didn't post your ride today then......

It's there.

One for the cyclists here... on 14:53 - Jun 8 with 3022 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 14:45 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

It's there.

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 15:09 - Jun 8 with 3017 viewsJackfath

Do you pay for the upgraded Strava?

One for the cyclists here... on 15:11 - Jun 8 with 3015 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 15:09 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

Do you pay for the upgraded Strava?

I don't subscribe to it, I've just got the basic. I think it just gives you comparison data, probably more for the pros out there

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 17:53 - Jun 8 with 2997 viewsJackfath

They've got some cheapish gear at this site. I know Max was after some shorts.

www.cyclestore.co.uk

One for the cyclists here... on 18:36 - Jun 8 with 2989 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 17:53 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

They've got some cheapish gear at this site. I know Max was after some shorts.

www.cyclestore.co.uk

Cheers JF, I've been up the foel again today, legs are sore now though, not one of my better ideas.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 15:30 - Jun 14 with 2871 viewsJackfath

Any of you use these? This is about the cheapest I can find. I drink a shed load of water when out and about and after a ride, think these may benefit me more, especially in this warmer weather.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-isotonic-hydration-high

One for the cyclists here... on 17:01 - Jun 14 with 2856 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 15:30 - Jun 14 by Jackfath

Any of you use these? This is about the cheapest I can find. I drink a shed load of water when out and about and after a ride, think these may benefit me more, especially in this warmer weather.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-isotonic-hydration-high

I use them and buy them from the same company, i suffer with cramp and when using Hi 5 Zero I dont have a problem. I use 1 tab per 750ml I have heard from friends that it can sting the eyes badly in sweat if stronger.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:38 - Jun 15 with 2812 viewsJackfath

Any tips for easing the pain in the thighs after a ride?

One for the cyclists here... on 20:44 - Jun 15 with 2809 viewspansypants

One for the cyclists here... on 17:01 - Jun 14 by Pacemaker

I use them and buy them from the same company, i suffer with cramp and when using Hi 5 Zero I dont have a problem. I use 1 tab per 750ml I have heard from friends that it can sting the eyes badly in sweat if stronger.

Calcium tablets help clear up cramp.

A little pinch of salt in your water helps with not losing to much electrolytes. An ex power lifter mate of mine did this and he is still alive at 75
[Post edited 15 Jun 2014 20:46]

One for the cyclists here... on 20:45 - Jun 15 with 2807 viewspansypants

One for the cyclists here... on 20:38 - Jun 15 by Jackfath

A good warm down and ice packs, in extreme cases 400mg of ibuprofen.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2014 20:46]

One for the cyclists here... on 08:04 - Jun 16 with 2777 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 20:38 - Jun 15 by Jackfath

Make sure you warm down properly try and just spin your legs as you come to the end of a ride.

I have been having a large glass of milk immediately after a ride and very rarely have soreness in my legs.

I saw a programme on TV where Bath Uni did tests on rugby players with shakes, recovery drinks, protein drinks etc and the best results were with skimmed milk.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:31 - Jun 16 with 2753 viewsJackfath

I carry the following in my saddle bag;

Spare inner tube,
3 tyre levers,
Air canister and dispenser,
Mobile phone.

I'd like to take some snacks out with me (and also my door key) but the bag is full, no room for anything else, especially when I stuff my phone in too.

I have no pockets in my shorts and I haven't got a shirt with pockets in either.

Should I invest in another bag, a frame bag for the front of the bike? What do you all use?

One for the cyclists here... on 18:57 - Jun 16 with 2744 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:31 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

I carry the following in my saddle bag;

Spare inner tube,
3 tyre levers,
Air canister and dispenser,
Mobile phone.

I'd like to take some snacks out with me (and also my door key) but the bag is full, no room for anything else, especially when I stuff my phone in too.

I have no pockets in my shorts and I haven't got a shirt with pockets in either.

Should I invest in another bag, a frame bag for the front of the bike? What do you all use?

I have a large saddle bag as I use my bike for long rides and almost daily commuting.

This is it and in all honesty it is slightly too large 90% of the time but is expandable so excellent for long rides. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-aero-wedge-buckle-large-saddle-bag/

I carry two tubes, a length of old tyre (I had a blow out once and split my tyre), multi tool, three tyre levers, puncture repair patches (just in case), some cash, phone, emergency gels/food. I can also attach my lamp to it and it is reflective.

I always wear a cycle shirt and keep my keys in the zipped pocket, I also keep my Maynards sports mix in my rear pocket together with my race cape and arm warmers if it is likely to be cold or rain.

On my commute I also carry a dry bag rucksack from Lomo which is great in the winter as it is very reflective and keeps all my clothes, phone etc dry.

On my MTB I carry two tubes, piece of old tyre and levers in my hydration pack, it also holds my phone, keys and money.

I am a bit anal tho.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:05 - Jun 16 with 2737 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:57 - Jun 16 by Pacemaker

I have a large saddle bag as I use my bike for long rides and almost daily commuting.

This is it and in all honesty it is slightly too large 90% of the time but is expandable so excellent for long rides. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-aero-wedge-buckle-large-saddle-bag/

I carry two tubes, a length of old tyre (I had a blow out once and split my tyre), multi tool, three tyre levers, puncture repair patches (just in case), some cash, phone, emergency gels/food. I can also attach my lamp to it and it is reflective.

I always wear a cycle shirt and keep my keys in the zipped pocket, I also keep my Maynards sports mix in my rear pocket together with my race cape and arm warmers if it is likely to be cold or rain.

On my commute I also carry a dry bag rucksack from Lomo which is great in the winter as it is very reflective and keeps all my clothes, phone etc dry.

On my MTB I carry two tubes, piece of old tyre and levers in my hydration pack, it also holds my phone, keys and money.

I am a bit anal tho.

I've got that bag but it must be the smaller version. Perhaps I should just splash out on a larger version of my current one. As for being anal, better to be safe than sorry!

One for the cyclists here... on 00:06 - Jun 17 with 2709 viewsowainglyndwr

Anyone use a turbo trainer, bought one to recover after a Op on both knees.
Started with 15mins yesterday and 25 today
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024