Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 102763 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 06:49 - Jun 17 with 1838 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 00:06 - Jun 17 by owainglyndwr

Anyone use a turbo trainer, bought one to recover after a Op on both knees.
Started with 15mins yesterday and 25 today

Use a turbo over the winter when I can't get out. Never used it for recuperation tho so can't offer advice other than take it easy as there can be a fair bit of resistance if you set it too hard.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 07:49 - Jun 17 with 1816 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 00:06 - Jun 17 by owainglyndwr

Anyone use a turbo trainer, bought one to recover after a Op on both knees.
Started with 15mins yesterday and 25 today

What have you had done to your knees?

Don't overdo it on the trainer.

I had my acl done with a platella graft a while back, cant straighten it now. However the recent cycling I've done has improved the strength in it no end and it feels almost normal now.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 08:46 - Jun 17 with 1800 viewsowainglyndwr

One for the cyclists here... on 07:49 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

What have you had done to your knees?

Don't overdo it on the trainer.

I had my acl done with a platella graft a while back, cant straighten it now. However the recent cycling I've done has improved the strength in it no end and it feels almost normal now.

Catalage on both with bone spur removed on my right knee Mid April.
I will be seeing the consultant I few weeks to discuss breaking my leg belong my knee and resetting which would most probably stop me having a knee replacement.
I am on light duties at work finding it a little frustrating as they are bringing in cover, I dont thing I will have full control of my job until mid August
One for the cyclists here... on 16:17 - Jun 17 with 1776 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 08:46 - Jun 17 by owainglyndwr

Catalage on both with bone spur removed on my right knee Mid April.
I will be seeing the consultant I few weeks to discuss breaking my leg belong my knee and resetting which would most probably stop me having a knee replacement.
I am on light duties at work finding it a little frustrating as they are bringing in cover, I dont thing I will have full control of my job until mid August

That's a pain but the alternative is perhaps worse?

Take it easy on the bike though, as Pacemaker said, you can put too much resistance on and it could damage. Build it up slowly.

Good luck with the rehab.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 17:16 - Jun 17 with 1765 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 06:49 - Jun 17 by Pacemaker

Use a turbo over the winter when I can't get out. Never used it for recuperation tho so can't offer advice other than take it easy as there can be a fair bit of resistance if you set it too hard.

Get on a mountain bike, all weather ,all mountains. When we get to the pub they give us bin bags to sit on, most hospitable

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 17:34 - Jun 17 with 1756 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 17:16 - Jun 17 by orion3016

Get on a mountain bike, all weather ,all mountains. When we get to the pub they give us bin bags to sit on, most hospitable

He's got one a Boardman Pro, Im meeting him now to go up the Foel, tad warm it is though

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 18:00 - Jun 17 with 1743 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 17:34 - Jun 17 by max936

He's got one a Boardman Pro, Im meeting him now to go up the Foel, tad warm it is though

Look after his knees Max ffs.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:22 - Jun 17 with 1732 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 17:34 - Jun 17 by max936

Come and join the swans strava club max

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 19:27 - Jun 17 with 1731 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 19:22 - Jun 17 by orion3016

Come and join the swans strava club max

He's on it.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:30 - Jun 17 with 1729 viewsJackfath

Anyone ever cycled the Celtic Trail West - Swansea to Tenby? Any good?

One for the cyclists here... on 19:51 - Jun 17 with 1725 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 19:27 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

He's on it.

Put it on last night didn't bother tonite, the ride killed me tonite, kept waiting for my second wind to come in but it never happened, it was my low cal day yday and I felt much better, I did go more or less straight after my tea tonite only chicken and veg mind, perhaps that didn't help.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:58 - Jun 17 with 1720 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 19:51 - Jun 17 by max936

Put it on last night didn't bother tonite, the ride killed me tonite, kept waiting for my second wind to come in but it never happened, it was my low cal day yday and I felt much better, I did go more or less straight after my tea tonite only chicken and veg mind, perhaps that didn't help.

Just followed you

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 20:09 - Jun 17 with 1717 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 19:58 - Jun 17 by orion3016

Just followed you

Only last nites ride is on it there's only 2 on map my ride as well and the 3 are all to the same place the Foel, it used to be my nemesis, but I love it now, still find it very hairy coming back down, came close to missing a turn tonite that would have been painful

Pacemaker enjoyed it as well, he was ahead of me going up and coming back down
[Post edited 17 Jun 2014 20:11]

One for the cyclists here... on 20:43 - Jun 17 with 1707 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 20:09 - Jun 17 by max936

Only last nites ride is on it there's only 2 on map my ride as well and the 3 are all to the same place the Foel, it used to be my nemesis, but I love it now, still find it very hairy coming back down, came close to missing a turn tonite that would have been painful

It's cracking weather for it at the moment. I see pacemaker has done a few decent mileage rides
Strava is great to challenge yourself but it can push you too far with some serious consequences

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 20:44 - Jun 17 with 1706 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 20:43 - Jun 17 by orion3016

It's cracking weather for it at the moment. I see pacemaker has done a few decent mileage rides
Strava is great to challenge yourself but it can push you too far with some serious consequences

Highly addictive too. I am determined to get into the top 5 for the "Swansea 3 Cardiff 0" segment.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:04 - Jun 17 with 1696 viewsJackfath

Plastic spoke protectors, leave on or take off?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:11 - Jun 17 with 1691 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 21:04 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

Plastic spoke protectors, leave on or take off?

If you're a serious racer they would be off, all to do with weight but for us amateurs I rather have them on than the chain getting caught especially when changing down and risking an over the handlebar crash when chain gets stuck

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 21:18 - Jun 17 with 1688 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:11 - Jun 17 by orion3016

If you're a serious racer they would be off, all to do with weight but for us amateurs I rather have them on than the chain getting caught especially when changing down and risking an over the handlebar crash when chain gets stuck

On it is.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:20 - Jun 17 with 1685 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 17:16 - Jun 17 by orion3016

I try and use both as often as i can but being a large chap I need to keep going several times a week or thw weight starts piling back on.

I enjoy both off and on road but I need to do the road training to keep my fitness up.

I quite enjoy my winter evening sessions in the garage playing some young people music whilst hammering away on the turbo for 45 mins.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:25 - Jun 17 with 1679 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 20:44 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

Highly addictive too. I am determined to get into the top 5 for the "Swansea 3 Cardiff 0" segment.

I have never even got close to a top five anywhere....except where i develop my own segment and you can be sure that as soon as you do you will be overtaken by the hard core guys and gals.

I use it as a tool to push me but as Orion says it can make you a little bit mental I was going for a stupid downhill segment at one time and Strava closed it down as someone obv thought this is getting a bit dangerous.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:27 - Jun 17 with 1675 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:25 - Jun 17 by Pacemaker

I have never even got close to a top five anywhere....except where i develop my own segment and you can be sure that as soon as you do you will be overtaken by the hard core guys and gals.

I use it as a tool to push me but as Orion says it can make you a little bit mental I was going for a stupid downhill segment at one time and Strava closed it down as someone obv thought this is getting a bit dangerous.

I'm up to 8th on the one alongside the Liberty

One for the cyclists here... on 21:33 - Jun 17 with 1670 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:27 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

Yeah but you are a machine

One for the cyclists here... on 21:33 - Jun 17 with 1668 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 21:27 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

I guess on the roadie segments there are quite a few serious riders out there so your leaderboards are tough. I notice when I do my big road rides on mtb I'm usually well down the bottom half of table
In the mtb world there's a few more factors other than straight line speed that will get you a kom and whilst I've got quite a few there are often less than 50 riders on the segment league

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 21:35 - Jun 17 with 1665 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 20:09 - Jun 17 by max936

Great ride tonight Max really enjoyed cant believe I havent been up there before. I need to slow down a bit on the downhill tho its a little bit bumpy

One for the cyclists here... on 21:39 - Jun 17 with 1657 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:33 - Jun 17 by Pacemaker

Yeah but you are a machine

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024