Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 101441 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:10 - Jun 25 with 2084 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:39 - Jun 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Another vote for the Elan Trail. Absolutely wonderful place to ride/walk.

Did it as the last leg of delightful 40 mile ride from Aberystwyth to Rhayader which I'd recommend to anyone, that follows the path of the Ystwyth river valley up into, and across, the Cambrian mountains, then down to follow the Elan Valley into Rhayader. That mid-Wales area is fantastic to be out and about in - fantastic scenery without the crowds of the SW Coast.

Red kItes have gone from a rarity to as common as pigeons, but it's still a delight for us 'townies' to see them.

Is that ride all off road and isit trails or Tarmac, sounds a good one anyway.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 22:16 - Jun 25 with 2081 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 20:06 - Jun 25 by orion3016

I think you've got the rob on here confused with me on strava!

It's a fantastic place, I told my wife to scatter my ashes there! I started with the élan trail but just went off route to get a big climb in, following iphone maps

I couldn't load my photos to strava but I've put some stunning views on my Instagram account

Sorry mate wondered where you were on Strava as I only had one Rob!

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:20 - Jun 25 with 2075 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

One for the cyclists here... on 22:10 - Jun 25 by max936

Is that ride all off road and isit trails or Tarmac, sounds a good one anyway.

It's a mixture of road and trail. some bits, like the Elan Valley trail and the Ystwyth Trail are all/mostly off-road, some bits are all on-road - but often very very quiet roads.

The ride I did is known as Lon Cambria, from Aber to Shrewsbury http://www.cyclingworldmag.com/along-the-lon-cambria/

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:58 - Jun 25 with 2061 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:20 - Jun 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

It's a mixture of road and trail. some bits, like the Elan Valley trail and the Ystwyth Trail are all/mostly off-road, some bits are all on-road - but often very very quiet roads.

The ride I did is known as Lon Cambria, from Aber to Shrewsbury http://www.cyclingworldmag.com/along-the-lon-cambria/

Cheers.

One for the cyclists here... on 08:59 - Jun 26 with 2020 viewsrob

Nope, never ridden the Elan Valley route! :)

Rode the Brechfa green/blue last evening, brilliant ride, forgot how good it was. Plan to do it again Sunday then upto Cwm Rhaeder.

I keep forgetting to add people on Strava, if your on it, PM your usernames if you want.

Also, i'm trying to work out a route to the Wellington bomber site above Dan-yr-Ogof, my plan is to ride from Cwm Giedd out to the site then drop down to Dan-yr-Ogof then back either via the road or Penwllt. Anyone done it?
One for the cyclists here... on 14:31 - Jun 28 with 1989 viewsJackfath

Smashing ride today. Waunarlwyd, Gowerton, Penclawdd (severed sheeps head on side of road) onto to Rhossili, back through Parkmill, Bishopston, Murton, Limeslade and along the Sea front.

51 miles.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 14:55 - Jun 28 with 1983 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 14:31 - Jun 28 by Jackfath

Smashing ride today. Waunarlwyd, Gowerton, Penclawdd (severed sheeps head on side of road) onto to Rhossili, back through Parkmill, Bishopston, Murton, Limeslade and along the Sea front.

51 miles.

Nice one, a bit further than me then and I'm knackered. I did 22 miles this morning and thoroughly enjoyed, twice any ride I've done before. Went to county cycles in cross hands for a bit of friendly advice, my hands are killing me, and found out my bike is too small, so looking out for another bike but am skint at the mo, so will have to struggle on.
I have to say though, I am loving it, I believe my endorphin's are kicking in and I feel great.
One for the cyclists here... on 15:03 - Jun 28 with 1981 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 14:55 - Jun 28 by 1jack

Nice one, a bit further than me then and I'm knackered. I did 22 miles this morning and thoroughly enjoyed, twice any ride I've done before. Went to county cycles in cross hands for a bit of friendly advice, my hands are killing me, and found out my bike is too small, so looking out for another bike but am skint at the mo, so will have to struggle on.
I have to say though, I am loving it, I believe my endorphin's are kicking in and I feel great.

It's addictive! Great increase in your milage, few weeks back would you have thought you could do that much?

I got my bike second hand from Gumtree, worth keeping an eye out on there, Pacemaker is a wealth of knowledge and when I am entering the tour de france he's going to be in my team car passing me the energy gels etc.

Keep going and we'll have to organise a PS bike ride at some point (stopping off in some pubs for a pint and bite to eat)!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 15:12 - Jun 28 with 1968 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 15:03 - Jun 28 by Jackfath

It's addictive! Great increase in your milage, few weeks back would you have thought you could do that much?

I got my bike second hand from Gumtree, worth keeping an eye out on there, Pacemaker is a wealth of knowledge and when I am entering the tour de france he's going to be in my team car passing me the energy gels etc.

Keep going and we'll have to organise a PS bike ride at some point (stopping off in some pubs for a pint and bite to eat)!

Well done JF the weight must be flying off mush, lm out tomoz up to windmills and try and find a route over to Rhigos for a chilli hotdog and a cuppa, if anyone fancies a rideout tomoz let me now as lm on my jack.

One for the cyclists here... on 15:14 - Jun 28 with 1965 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 15:12 - Jun 28 by max936

Well done JF the weight must be flying off mush, lm out tomoz up to windmills and try and find a route over to Rhigos for a chilli hotdog and a cuppa, if anyone fancies a rideout tomoz let me now as lm on my jack.

Nope still the same weight.

8 stone soaking wet.

One for the cyclists here... on 15:26 - Jun 28 with 1964 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 15:14 - Jun 28 by Jackfath

8 stone soaking wet.

Racing snake you are you little minx

One for the cyclists here... on 15:29 - Jun 28 with 1963 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 15:26 - Jun 28 by max936

Racing snake you are you little minx

One for the cyclists here... on 17:42 - Jun 28 with 1947 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 15:14 - Jun 28 by Jackfath

8 stone soaking wet.

I haven't lost weight but I need a belt with my trousers now.
One for the cyclists here... on 17:43 - Jun 28 with 1945 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 17:42 - Jun 28 by 1jack

I haven't lost weight but I need a belt with my trousers now.

That's what I've found. Change in body shape.

One for the cyclists here... on 17:51 - Jun 28 with 1941 viewsDDCH

One for the cyclists here... on 14:31 - Jun 28 by Jackfath

51 miles.

Fair play mate that is a cracking ride. I have not been into this thread for a while as it got a bit lycra clad and clipless pedal for my liking, but that's one hell of an increase from the service at schmoos days.

Have not been on for a few weeks on the bike and need to get my arse back in the saddle whilst the weather is still good.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

One for the cyclists here... on 18:12 - Jun 28 with 1933 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 17:51 - Jun 28 by DDCH

Fair play mate that is a cracking ride. I have not been into this thread for a while as it got a bit lycra clad and clipless pedal for my liking, but that's one hell of an increase from the service at schmoos days.

Have not been on for a few weeks on the bike and need to get my arse back in the saddle whilst the weather is still good.

Cheers mate. Hard going but enjoying it immensely and getting there. Are you on Strava or Map my ride? Very addictive!

One for the cyclists here... on 18:19 - Jun 28 with 1932 viewsDDCH

One for the cyclists here... on 18:12 - Jun 28 by Jackfath

Cheers mate. Hard going but enjoying it immensely and getting there. Are you on Strava or Map my ride? Very addictive!

I tend to resist the Strava crew a bit, as not a fan of people racing sectional times. I believe this is part of the issue on the cycle path with the roadies hammering it.

I sometimes use Endomondo if I want a GPS fix on my ride and to map it after, is great to review it.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

One for the cyclists here... on 18:22 - Jun 28 with 1929 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:19 - Jun 28 by DDCH

I tend to resist the Strava crew a bit, as not a fan of people racing sectional times. I believe this is part of the issue on the cycle path with the roadies hammering it.

I sometimes use Endomondo if I want a GPS fix on my ride and to map it after, is great to review it.

I was looking at the table for the segment in Parkmill, from the top of the hill down to near Shepherds.

Fastest ride down there is a eye watering 49 odd MPH.

Mental.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:28 - Jun 28 with 1927 viewsrob

Good stuff Jackfath!

Yea, Strava can be a pain, I like it for logging miles and the social aspect, but people get anal about the segment times etc,
One for the cyclists here... on 20:23 - Jun 28 with 1914 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 18:28 - Jun 28 by rob

Good stuff Jackfath!

Yea, Strava can be a pain, I like it for logging miles and the social aspect, but people get anal about the segment times etc,

And injured

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 16:34 - Jun 29 with 1877 viewsmax936

Forestry boffins are ruining the afan, cutting all the trees down to make way for yet another Wind Farm, plus they're wrecking the fire roads up there, decided against an attempt on getting to the Rhigos after getting lost, then tried the Rhigos runway, but failed on that acore as well, so just made my way home. Think I'll try the Afan Argoed routes next week.

One for the cyclists here... on 16:40 - Jun 29 with 1876 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 16:34 - Jun 29 by max936

Forestry boffins are ruining the afan, cutting all the trees down to make way for yet another Wind Farm, plus they're wrecking the fire roads up there, decided against an attempt on getting to the Rhigos after getting lost, then tried the Rhigos runway, but failed on that acore as well, so just made my way home. Think I'll try the Afan Argoed routes next week.

There's also a major issue with tree fungus all across South Wales , trees being felled in loads of places
Takes away the wind shield in places but opens up done great views

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 16:55 - Jun 29 with 1871 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 16:40 - Jun 29 by orion3016

There's also a major issue with tree fungus all across South Wales , trees being felled in loads of places
Takes away the wind shield in places but opens up done great views

Great veiws up on top, not so good today though bit hazy and some low cloud, bloody cold up there as well, wish I'd taken a jacket, only had a polo shrt on.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:03 - Jun 29 with 1846 viewsJackfath

Spoke protectors.....

Can you take a look at your bike and let me know if the spoke protector (clear disk on the inside of back derailleur) is attached to;

the spokes of the back wheel, or
the gear cassette, or
neither (ie its just there and can be spun independently of the pedals, wheels or derailleur)

I'm trying to work out an annoying rubbing sound on the back of my bike and have narrowed it down to this spoke protector.....

One for the cyclists here... on 20:23 - Jun 29 with 1842 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 20:03 - Jun 29 by Jackfath

Spoke protectors.....

Can you take a look at your bike and let me know if the spoke protector (clear disk on the inside of back derailleur) is attached to;

the spokes of the back wheel, or
the gear cassette, or
neither (ie its just there and can be spun independently of the pedals, wheels or derailleur)

I'm trying to work out an annoying rubbing sound on the back of my bike and have narrowed it down to this spoke protector.....

I've had to put up with an annoying clinking sound this afternoon, turns out it was a bit of crud in the gearing, just give the lot a good clean and rinse problem solved.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024