Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 103143 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:45 - Jul 6 with 2517 viewsrob

Awesome morning at Cwm Rhaeadr near Llandovery today.

Just a little GoPro vid of it for future reference and anyone who hasn't ridden this little gem of a trail. I've riden most of 'official' trails in Wales and this stretch of singletrack is up there with the best of them, if not, the best.

It's bloody lovely up there aswell, there is a stunning view near the top of the climb. Cycling isn't only great for fitness but getting your ass off the sofa and getting out there and seeing new places.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:59 - Jul 6 with 2512 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:45 - Jul 6 by rob

Just a little GoPro vid of it for future reference and anyone who hasn't ridden this little gem of a trail. I've riden most of 'official' trails in Wales and this stretch of singletrack is up there with the best of them, if not, the best.

It's bloody lovely up there aswell, there is a stunning view near the top of the climb. Cycling isn't only great for fitness but getting your ass off the sofa and getting out there and seeing new places.

Looks a great ride that Rob, been stuck in here on my arse allday, its gonna be a long 6 weeks, at least I've got my exercise bike to keep my fitness up

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 05:10 - Jul 7 with 2480 viewscsf

It's just gone 5 and I'm about to embark on my first ride for about two years. Only a little 6 miler but it's a start. This thread has been a decent motivator in getting me out, so thanks a lot.
One for the cyclists here... on 09:19 - Jul 7 with 2445 viewsmax936

Don't drink and rid out there fellas.

One for the cyclists here... on 11:14 - Jul 7 with 2420 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 22:45 - Jul 6 by rob

Cracking rob. That's one of the few trails in wales I haven't done

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 11:17 - Jul 7 with 2419 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 09:19 - Jul 7 by max936

Don't drink and rid out there fellas.

That's why I limit to 13 pints now....
Those aberdare mtb boys are usually a bunch of nerds so they've gone up in my estimation

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 16:14 - Jul 9 with 2345 viewsJackfath

Hope you're getting better Max my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 18:09 - Jul 9 with 2329 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 16:14 - Jul 9 by Jackfath

Hope you're getting better Max my friend.

Im getting there, thanks JF.

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 08:43 - Jul 11 with 2287 viewsorion3016

There's an excellent film on bbc I player - Storyville , lance Armstrong

He was a hero of mine, bought all his books and loads of livestrong kit over the years, although at least some of that money went to charity
This film shows how a manipulative cheat who dominated so many people with his ego rose and spectacularly fell

Recommended viewing

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 14:41 - Jul 12 with 2251 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 08:43 - Jul 11 by orion3016

There's an excellent film on bbc I player - Storyville , lance Armstrong

He was a hero of mine, bought all his books and loads of livestrong kit over the years, although at least some of that money went to charity
This film shows how a manipulative cheat who dominated so many people with his ego rose and spectacularly fell

Recommended viewing

Watched this last night. Very interesting.

Also, the styles and shapes of the pelotons bikes, helmets, handlebars etc over the years. For example, Lance was often seen using tri bars on his bike, none of the current crop of TDF riders use them, are they outlawed in this race?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 15:01 - Jul 12 with 2241 viewspansypants

His handlebars were on steroids Fath

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

One for the cyclists here... on 18:48 - Jul 12 with 2208 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 14:41 - Jul 12 by Jackfath

Watched this last night. Very interesting.

Also, the styles and shapes of the pelotons bikes, helmets, handlebars etc over the years. For example, Lance was often seen using tri bars on his bike, none of the current crop of TDF riders use them, are they outlawed in this race?

That's a good question re tri bars as I think they are still legal so when the 1st time trial stage comes shortly we can have a look

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 18:49 - Jul 12 with 2205 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:48 - Jul 12 by orion3016

That's a good question re tri bars as I think they are still legal so when the 1st time trial stage comes shortly we can have a look

It's the first year I have been interested in it tbh. I was amazed at them tanking up the hill to the finish today. They could have given me a 30 min head start and still stuffed me.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:01 - Jul 12 with 2199 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 18:49 - Jul 12 by Jackfath

It's the first year I have been interested in it tbh. I was amazed at them tanking up the hill to the finish today. They could have given me a 30 min head start and still stuffed me.

These guys are just racing snakes, after watching the lance film I just hope everyone is legitimately clean cos it's a truly superhuman effort to back up day after day for 3 weeks

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 19:03 - Jul 12 with 2198 viewspansypants

One for the cyclists here... on 19:01 - Jul 12 by orion3016

These guys are just racing snakes, after watching the lance film I just hope everyone is legitimately clean cos it's a truly superhuman effort to back up day after day for 3 weeks

Even on blood doping and gear it takes incredible efforts

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

One for the cyclists here... on 19:05 - Jul 12 with 2196 viewsJackfath

Mr Pacemaker went to see Stage 3 in London. I wish I had made the effort now. I shall go next time.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:08 - Jul 12 with 2195 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 19:05 - Jul 12 by Jackfath

Mr Pacemaker went to see Stage 3 in London. I wish I had made the effort now. I shall go next time.

I think he really enjoyed
The crowds were incredible with the real possibility of a swift return to uk in a few years
They do make a point of visiting at least one neighbouring country each year , 2 this year with Belgium

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 18:16 - Jul 13 with 2167 viewsmax936

Just ordered this looks a great little product to lengthen the life of your chain,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0013D9N1K/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8

One for the cyclists here... on 18:17 - Jul 13 with 2162 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:16 - Jul 13 by max936

Just ordered this looks a great little product to lengthen the life of your chain,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0013D9N1K/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8

I bought one of those the other week Max. Didn't pay that much though. It came from China and is a great little cleaner.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:30 - Jul 13 with 2154 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:17 - Jul 13 by Jackfath

I bought one of those the other week Max. Didn't pay that much though. It came from China and is a great little cleaner.

Oh bollox, where did you get it?

One for the cyclists here... on 18:33 - Jul 13 with 2153 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:30 - Jul 13 by max936

Oh bollox, where did you get it?

No de-greaser but bought some in Tesco. Also bought some GT85 and some dry lube for the links.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AAXFF8Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8

One for the cyclists here... on 19:16 - Jul 13 with 2144 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:33 - Jul 13 by Jackfath

No de-greaser but bought some in Tesco. Also bought some GT85 and some dry lube for the links.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AAXFF8Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8

I've put Finish Line Wet lube on my chain big mistake it makes the bike sound like a bag of nails when pedalling, think the lube as attracted every speck of dust and crud available,

One for the cyclists here... on 19:33 - Jul 13 with 2136 viewsDDCH

One for the cyclists here... on 18:33 - Jul 13 by Jackfath

Be very careful with GT85 it is not a lube. Good for getting water out but not much else.

Dry lube is great but wax based ones are a nightmare in Swansea as sand sticks to it. I currently use Morgan Blue extra dry lube...........sounds a bit dodgy

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

One for the cyclists here... on 16:44 - Jul 14 with 2097 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 19:33 - Jul 13 by DDCH

Be very careful with GT85 it is not a lube. Good for getting water out but not much else.

Dry lube is great but wax based ones are a nightmare in Swansea as sand sticks to it. I currently use Morgan Blue extra dry lube...........sounds a bit dodgy

Thoughts on these routes gents?

http://www.thefivevalleys.co.uk/route/

One for the cyclists here... on 18:57 - Jul 14 with 2073 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 16:44 - Jul 14 by Jackfath

Thoughts on these routes gents?

http://www.thefivevalleys.co.uk/route/

Tough in parts v tough In a few places.

Start to Talbot Green pretty good ride a few climbs over Stormy Down and Barn Hill Laleston but ok.

From Talbot green it is a tough climb up through Lanelay Hall lane then Blackmill lanes from Tonyrefail to Glynogwr which is v tough in parts and a bit dangerous with traffic, from there you drop into Blackmill and up to the top of the Bwlch via the Ogmore valley,it is ok but has a v steep climb out of Nantymoel then onto the Bwlch which is a slog. If I were you and you want to do it this is the route I would choose, don't take the longer route it is a good bit tougher, plus you can bet it will be hot.

The Bwlch and Rhigos are a tough ride on their own without the Bridgend start.I cannot do it due to work otherwise I would go with you.

Have a ride along the A48 from Margam to Bridgend and back it will be about 30 miles round trip but it will give you an idea of what the start is like as it gets much tougher from there on.

Wait until I am back from Hols and I will take you down to Ogmore by Sea from Baglan a good 50 miles with plenty of challenging terrain.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024