Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 103409 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 20:42 - Jul 15 with 2029 viewsrob

Day off tomorrow so riding W2 then Penhydd and blue scar, it almost killed me last time, so wish me luck!
One for the cyclists here... on 20:47 - Jul 15 with 2021 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 20:42 - Jul 15 by rob

Day off tomorrow so riding W2 then Penhydd and blue scar, it almost killed me last time, so wish me luck!

Don't fall off

PS: it fecking hurts

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 23:48 - Jul 18 with 1970 views1jack

Anyone got any idea what these Btwin bikes from Decathlon are like? They seem to be quite well thought of on some of the cycling forums I've read.
One for the cyclists here... on 08:53 - Jul 19 with 1958 views1jack

anyone looking for a new bike, the carerra vengence on offer for £199 at halfords. That's a really good price.
One for the cyclists here... on 09:08 - Jul 19 with 1953 viewsDDCH

One for the cyclists here... on 08:53 - Jul 19 by 1jack

anyone looking for a new bike, the carerra vengence on offer for £199 at halfords. That's a really good price.

That's what is referred to as a BSO

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

One for the cyclists here... on 09:55 - Jul 19 with 1945 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 23:48 - Jul 18 by 1jack

Anyone got any idea what these Btwin bikes from Decathlon are like? They seem to be quite well thought of on some of the cycling forums I've read.

Good reputation, I haven't had one but Jackmorsel has one of the road bikes and was really pleased with it.

I think if you have the starter level you won't go far wrong. Once you are at the top end it starts competing with the more popular makes you can get locally for about the same price for the same or better specs.

You looking off or on road?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 10:18 - Jul 19 with 1933 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 09:55 - Jul 19 by Pacemaker

Good reputation, I haven't had one but Jackmorsel has one of the road bikes and was really pleased with it.

I think if you have the starter level you won't go far wrong. Once you are at the top end it starts competing with the more popular makes you can get locally for about the same price for the same or better specs.

You looking off or on road?

Hybrid probably, and when I get enough money then one of each, but as I have just posted the carerra vengence on offer in halfords seems to be a really good deal, so i might go for that.
Cheers
One for the cyclists here... on 14:44 - Jul 20 with 1897 viewsJackfath

Went for a spin the other night with a couple of friends who are about to Cycle London to Paris. We went to Kidwelly and back which is flat. Coming back we were doing 20mph plus and I am delighted to report I was able to keep up with them for a good few miles. However when we hit a bit of a hill I dropped back and couldn't then get back although they did drop the pace then.

Great fun and a decent ride for anyone who would like to go further on the flat on the road.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 14:56 - Jul 20 with 1895 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 14:44 - Jul 20 by Jackfath

Went for a spin the other night with a couple of friends who are about to Cycle London to Paris. We went to Kidwelly and back which is flat. Coming back we were doing 20mph plus and I am delighted to report I was able to keep up with them for a good few miles. However when we hit a bit of a hill I dropped back and couldn't then get back although they did drop the pace then.

Great fun and a decent ride for anyone who would like to go further on the flat on the road.

Good run but Should have carried on up the hill beyond Kidwelly top of Croesyceiliog I think it is plateaus before dropping down to Carmarthen.

Character building I think they call it first time up it, I got about three quarters up before having a nice recovery in a bus stop I must have looked knackered because some one stopped and asked if I needed a lift with my bike.

One for the cyclists here... on 15:03 - Jul 20 with 1891 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 14:56 - Jul 20 by Pacemaker

Good run but Should have carried on up the hill beyond Kidwelly top of Croesyceiliog I think it is plateaus before dropping down to Carmarthen.

Character building I think they call it first time up it, I got about three quarters up before having a nice recovery in a bus stop I must have looked knackered because some one stopped and asked if I needed a lift with my bike.

One step at a time!!

Few training rides of 30 miles, 40 miles, 50 miles over the coming weeks culminating in a ride to Tenby end of August.

Bought my first team kit the other day from Amazon. BMC. I look like a sausage wearing it, not to mention a complete and utter plum, however it's got to be done!!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 15:08 - Jul 20 with 1887 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 15:03 - Jul 20 by Jackfath

One step at a time!!

Few training rides of 30 miles, 40 miles, 50 miles over the coming weeks culminating in a ride to Tenby end of August.

Bought my first team kit the other day from Amazon. BMC. I look like a sausage wearing it, not to mention a complete and utter plum, however it's got to be done!!

Sounding like you have the training down to a t, proper kit is far more comfortable than a pair of rugby shorts though!

One for the cyclists here... on 15:11 - Jul 20 with 1882 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 15:08 - Jul 20 by Pacemaker

Sounding like you have the training down to a t, proper kit is far more comfortable than a pair of rugby shorts though!

Bib shorts make me feel like this

http://cdn2.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/migration_catalog/article25644881.ece/bbe3b/A

One for the cyclists here... on 15:14 - Jul 20 with 1878 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 15:11 - Jul 20 by Jackfath

Bib shorts make me feel like this

http://cdn2.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/migration_catalog/article25644881.ece/bbe3b/A

Ha ha it's the battle for the todger having drunk about 2 litres of high 5 that gets me!!

One for the cyclists here... on 15:15 - Jul 20 with 1876 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 15:14 - Jul 20 by Pacemaker

Ha ha it's the battle for the todger having drunk about 2 litres of high 5 that gets me!!

I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to put my magnifying glass in my saddle bag in case i need a wee on route.

One for the cyclists here... on 15:18 - Jul 20 with 1873 viewsPacemaker

It's why there is so much give in the Lycra

One for the cyclists here... on 15:34 - Jul 20 with 1917 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 15:18 - Jul 20 by Pacemaker

It's why there is so much give in the Lycra

I wish I could go out for a ride, a days fishing would be nice as well, it seems months away though.

One for the cyclists here... on 16:39 - Jul 20 with 1901 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 15:34 - Jul 20 by max936

I wish I could go out for a ride, a days fishing would be nice as well, it seems months away though.

How's the recovery going mate?

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 17:27 - Jul 20 with 1892 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 16:39 - Jul 20 by orion3016

How's the recovery going mate?

been ok Rob, thumb still broke and sore but out of plaster, ribs been sore, but wke early doors this morning and they were really sore for some reason, took some painkillers and managed to get some sleep, painfull bloody things though, to bloody old for falls like that mun

Going to Barcelona friday so I hope they're a lot better by then.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:22 - Jul 20 with 1880 views1jack

Hi all, I have got my "new" bike it's a carerra gryphon, but the way I got it is so sad. Last Sunday my friend passed away at the age of 52 from cancer. He was the fittest bloke I knew a very keen cyclist, marshal arts expert and a keen runner, he was only diagnosed in March just before he was going to do the Carten 100. I miss him terribly.
As i was on my way to purchase a new bike today his wife phoned and told me he wanted me to have one of his bikes, the above carerra. It's a great bike for me and I'm very happy with it, but I wish I didn't have it.
Now everyone read this - he had been a bit ill for a while, the odd bad stomach, felt a bit stiff and tired now and again, he went to his doctor's a few times but because his doctor knew him he put it down to indigestion and fatigue, it was only when he saw a locum that didn't know him that he was sent to hospital for tests, unfortunately is was too late. If something is wrong and you are not happy with the diagnosis get a 2nd opinion, you are entitled to it.
cheers all.
One for the cyclists here... on 21:51 - Jul 20 with 1873 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:22 - Jul 20 by 1jack

Hi all, I have got my "new" bike it's a carerra gryphon, but the way I got it is so sad. Last Sunday my friend passed away at the age of 52 from cancer. He was the fittest bloke I knew a very keen cyclist, marshal arts expert and a keen runner, he was only diagnosed in March just before he was going to do the Carten 100. I miss him terribly.
As i was on my way to purchase a new bike today his wife phoned and told me he wanted me to have one of his bikes, the above carerra. It's a great bike for me and I'm very happy with it, but I wish I didn't have it.
Now everyone read this - he had been a bit ill for a while, the odd bad stomach, felt a bit stiff and tired now and again, he went to his doctor's a few times but because his doctor knew him he put it down to indigestion and fatigue, it was only when he saw a locum that didn't know him that he was sent to hospital for tests, unfortunately is was too late. If something is wrong and you are not happy with the diagnosis get a 2nd opinion, you are entitled to it.
cheers all.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your mate, its good that he wanted you to have the bike, enjoy it.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:53 - Jul 20 with 1872 viewsJackfath

Why not devote your rides to his memory and raise funds for the charity associated with his illness. He'd be made up as I'm sure his family will.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:16 - Jul 20 with 1865 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 21:53 - Jul 20 by Jackfath

Why not devote your rides to his memory and raise funds for the charity associated with his illness. He'd be made up as I'm sure his family will.

That's my plan, got to start a few longer rides now, like you mentioned earlier, the go for it next year.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:17 - Jul 20 with 1864 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 21:51 - Jul 20 by max936

Sorry to hear of the loss of your mate, its good that he wanted you to have the bike, enjoy it.

Cheers, I definitely will.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:18 - Jul 20 with 1862 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:22 - Jul 20 by 1jack

cheers all.

Sad news but as others have said try and do what he couldn't. Enter a ride and raise money for a cancer charity.

It doesn't have to be a long ride and there are plenty out there it will also provide a motivational tool to get out and train.

If your feeling particularly adventerous enter the Carten. Still plenty of timeto get fit.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:24 - Jul 20 with 1853 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 22:18 - Jul 20 by Pacemaker

Sad news but as others have said try and do what he couldn't. Enter a ride and raise money for a cancer charity.

It doesn't have to be a long ride and there are plenty out there it will also provide a motivational tool to get out and train.

If your feeling particularly adventerous enter the Carten. Still plenty of timeto get fit.

That is the one I want to do. Cheers all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024