Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 101500 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 19:06 - Apr 29 with 3640 viewsJackfath

When is the inaugral Planet Swans Bike Club ride?

A nice easy 15 miler with a pint at the end?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 19:56 - Apr 29 with 3622 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 19:06 - Apr 29 by Jackfath

When is the inaugral Planet Swans Bike Club ride?

A nice easy 15 miler with a pint at the end?

If its on the Roads, count me out

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 19:57 - Apr 29 with 3621 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 19:56 - Apr 29 by max936

If its on the Roads, count me out

What about a psychol path

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:00 - Apr 29 with 3618 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 19:57 - Apr 29 by Jackfath

What about a psychol path

Aye, that'll be ok for me JF, I just hate cycling on the roads.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:03 - Apr 29 with 3615 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 20:00 - Apr 29 by max936

Aye, that'll be ok for me JF, I just hate cycling on the roads.

I'll have a word with ECB and see if he can close a few roads for us.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:17 - Apr 29 with 3609 viewsPacemaker

Start Liberty stadium along cycle path to marina, down to Blackpill up to Gowerton and back, cycle path the entire route and several watering holes along route

A Saturday morning would suit me after May 12th.

Just checked that route it may be a bit long perhaps stadium to Dunvant which is 16 miles round trip.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 20:27]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:44 - Apr 29 with 3592 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 20:17 - Apr 29 by Pacemaker

Start Liberty stadium along cycle path to marina, down to Blackpill up to Gowerton and back, cycle path the entire route and several watering holes along route

Just checked that route it may be a bit long perhaps stadium to Dunvant which is 16 miles round trip.

I'll be detouring off to the Pilot for few Mumbles Golds I won't keep up with you speedsters on Hybrids and Road bikes, my big tyres take some effort to get them moving as it is

One for the cyclists here... on 20:46 - Apr 29 with 3590 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 20:17 - Apr 29 by Pacemaker

I'd be up for that, definitely.

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 21:10 - Apr 29 with 3575 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 20:44 - Apr 29 by max936

I'll be detouring off to the Pilot for few Mumbles Golds I won't keep up with you speedsters on Hybrids and Road bikes, my big tyres take some effort to get them moving as it is

I would do it on the MTB Steve my road bike is to girly to do cycle tracks!

One for the cyclists here... on 21:15 - Apr 29 with 3566 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:10 - Apr 29 by Pacemaker

I would do it on the MTB Steve my road bike is to girly to do cycle tracks!

I was riding up over the Cimla a few weeks ago on my way up to the ponds and a cyclist on a road bike came past as if I was walking

One for the cyclists here... on 21:27 - Apr 29 with 3550 viewsPacemaker

It's a massive difference on the road bike my tyres are 23mm wide and the bike weighs about 8-9kg I am doing 17.5 miles each way to work in Bridgend and I can do it in under an hour with a bit of effort, would probably be twice that on the MTB.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:36 - May 1 with 3504 viewsJackfath

Been out on the bike tonight only a short run but hilly. The back of my neck was killing on the way round, and is still sore now.

Ideas for moving seat forward/back etc to help?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:54 - May 1 with 3495 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 21:36 - May 1 by Jackfath

Been out on the bike tonight only a short run but hilly. The back of my neck was killing on the way round, and is still sore now.

Make sure your legs are 90% full stretch with pedals at lowest point! don't lock knees out
If you haven't ridden for a while then that will count for soreness, could be your axxxse tomorrow
[Post edited 1 May 2014 22:15]

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 22:09 - May 1 with 3491 viewsmax936

Been suffering with the same thing since Sunday JF, been on the Stationary bike for an hour tonight instead, but that has aggravated the soreness so I resorted to putting a bag of frozen peas n the area.
I think you've just got to go through the pain until you get cycle fit, where I went Sunday is a hell of a climb, so I tend to try and not look to far ahead, because I'll end up getting danted and either stop for a rest which is fatal or turn around and go back, I hate giving up it plays on my mind
[Post edited 1 May 2014 22:16]

One for the cyclists here... on 22:11 - May 1 with 3487 viewsPacemaker

Sounds like you are over reaching for the bars ie the seat could be too far back/too high. I am assuming your bike is the right size frame in the first place.

It could just be that because it was hilly you were pulling on your bars and tensed up your neck muscles to compensate.

It may take a little bit of tinkering to get your seat height and reach spot on.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:14 - May 1 with 2717 viewsmax936

Have a good read of this JF, it may help.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/technique-perfect-mountain-bike-fit-29498/

One for the cyclists here... on 18:05 - May 2 with 2667 viewsmax936

Hows the gregory today mush?

One for the cyclists here... on 19:34 - May 2 with 2653 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:05 - May 2 by max936

Hows the gregory today mush?

Fine today thanks.

Looking forward to my next run out, planned for Sunday morning. A 32km loop taking in Gorseinon, Gowerton, Dunvant, Blackpill, Marina, Liberty, Morriston.

Looking forward to it immensely.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:59 - May 2 with 2641 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 19:34 - May 2 by Jackfath

Fine today thanks.

Looking forward to my next run out, planned for Sunday morning. A 32km loop taking in Gorseinon, Gowerton, Dunvant, Blackpill, Marina, Liberty, Morriston.

Good effort Doc, keep at it, Im still suffering with my neck, got a bag of frozen peas on it as we speak painful bloody thing, its at the base of neck area top of my back, I think Im out of alignment to be honest, gonna have to bite the bullet and book an appointment with Simon Webborn and have it all re-aligned.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:00 - May 2 with 2640 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 19:59 - May 2 by max936

Good effort Doc, keep at it, Im still suffering with my neck, got a bag of frozen peas on it as we speak painful bloody thing, its at the base of neck area top of my back, I think Im out of alignment to be honest, gonna have to bite the bullet and book an appointment with Simon Webborn and have it all re-aligned.

I was reading and watching some Youtube vids on it. Some good tips on there. All about the reach of the bars and not relaxing on the bars when riding. All too tense.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:08 - May 2 with 2639 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 20:00 - May 2 by Jackfath

I was reading and watching some Youtube vids on it. Some good tips on there. All about the reach of the bars and not relaxing on the bars when riding. All too tense.

Thats me to a T to be honest, plus I've a terrible habit of rocking and rolling my shoulders particularly when on the climbs, and that has caused this Im sure.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:31 - May 2 with 2629 viewspansypants

One for the cyclists here... on 19:34 - May 2 by Jackfath

Fine today thanks.

Are you passing Three Crosses? If so pop in the Poundffald for a guest ale served by Julian's fair hand.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 20:32]

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:41 - May 2 with 2611 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

One for the cyclists here... on 21:36 - Apr 28 by Bloodyhills

You just need to get out there doing more miles and after many many miles and months of cycling it gets better :-) A decent saddle like Brooks B17 would help and so would some conotrane ointment from the pharmacy.

I've got a Brooks B17 Flyer and it's a tremendous piece of kit. The saddle that came with my bike was ok for an hour or so, but then I'd be in agony. I can cycle for 8-10 hours on the B17 without any padding and no problems.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

One for the cyclists here... on 11:36 - May 3 with 2590 viewsJackfath

Ride completed.

30km in 2 hours.

Done and dusted by 10am.

Moved the saddle back a couple of centimetres. No pain in shoulders or back.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:02 - May 3 with 2568 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 11:36 - May 3 by Jackfath

Ride completed.

30km in 2 hours.

Done and dusted by 10am.

Moved the saddle back a couple of centimetres. No pain in shoulders or back.

Well done mate sounds like you have cracked it in one go.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024