Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 101437 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 19:11 - Aug 15 with 2273 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 19:05 - Aug 15 by Pacemaker

Been v busy in work and with family issues so not as much riding as normal but still try to commute three times a week.

Bit of a rest is just as good as training so don't worry about missing a few rides it supposed to be enjoyable and a bit of fun.

I keep telling myself that.

Will do the Tenby ride anyway, even if it takes me all day...

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 19:22 - Aug 15 with 2260 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 19:11 - Aug 15 by Jackfath

Follow the cycle route out of Carmarthen and it will be enjoyable just riding through the beautiful countryside and having a chat with some of the locals. Have a nice lunch somewhere and make a day of it even if you could ride it quicker.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:49 - Aug 15 with 2241 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 19:11 - Aug 15 by Jackfath

I haven't ridden for 6 weeks, popped down Verdis for a coffee earlier and looked across the bay to see the Windmills that over look Tonmawr and surrounding area's, can't wait t get back up there, but I still can't change the front rails due to pain in the thumb when pressing the lever

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 20:05 - Aug 15 with 2238 viewsDarran

One for the cyclists here... on 19:49 - Aug 15 by max936

I haven't ridden for 6 weeks, popped down Verdis for a coffee earlier and looked across the bay to see the Windmills that over look Tonmawr and surrounding area's, can't wait t get back up there, but I still can't change the front rails due to pain in the thumb when pressing the lever

Me,me,me.

#prayformax

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One for the cyclists here... on 20:11 - Aug 15 with 2227 viewsdickythorpe

One for the cyclists here... on 20:05 - Aug 15 by Darran

Me,me,me.

#prayformax

#lookafteryourthumbs
One for the cyclists here... on 20:14 - Aug 15 with 2173 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 19:49 - Aug 15 by max936

Going in for an op on 19th Sept so have to keep off bike for a month so will hopefully be able to get on turbo and keep the legs spinning.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:17 - Aug 15 with 2166 viewsDarran

One for the cyclists here... on 20:14 - Aug 15 by Pacemaker

Going in for an op on 19th Sept so have to keep off bike for a month so will hopefully be able to get on turbo and keep the legs spinning.

Snip?

One for the cyclists here... on 20:28 - Aug 15 with 2153 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 20:17 - Aug 15 by Darran

Snip?

No had that done over twenty years ago and I would not be sitting on a bike saddle anytime soon if I was.

Just a small procedure on my chest so no stretching or pulling.

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 20:36 - Aug 15 with 2145 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 20:14 - Aug 15 by Pacemaker

Good luck mush.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 20:40 - Aug 15 with 2138 viewsDarran

One for the cyclists here... on 20:28 - Aug 15 by Pacemaker

No had that done over twenty years ago and I would not be sitting on a bike saddle anytime soon if I was.

Just a small procedure on my chest so no stretching or pulling.

God luck LJ.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:52 - Aug 15 with 2131 viewsorion3016

Max /LJ hopefully you'll both be fighting fit on strava soon

Take it easy

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 21:15 - Aug 15 with 2125 viewsPacemaker

Still got a couple of weeks before i get it done so I hope I can catch the last of the decent weather.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:24 - Aug 16 with 2073 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 21:15 - Aug 15 by Pacemaker

Still got a couple of weeks before i get it done so I hope I can catch the last of the decent weather.

Good luck with the op.
One for the cyclists here... on 21:26 - Aug 16 with 2066 viewsdcd14

One for the cyclists here... on 17:56 - Aug 8 by 1jack

Starts near pembrey, go towards kidwelly, then right towards carmarthen you then double back towards pembrey, turn left at butchers arms toward Pinged, left at the end of that road back toward kidwelly, then left and back to pembrey. the route is on my mapmyride.

Bynea TTs I try to do it most weeks.
One for the cyclists here... on 21:31 - Aug 16 with 2060 views1jack

Ok, I've now decided i'm getting a road bike and I've seen this in Argos (I know), I've looked all over the net to see what the forums say and apart from bike snobs there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it especially at that price. The company that makes the frame has been going since 1968 and supposedly this frame was used on the carrera carbon fibre bike in 2013 and was one of the best bikes in the £750 - £1000 price range. I've reserved one but am not 100% because none of the cycling mags/sites have done a review on this. Anyone know anything about it?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3324525.htm
One for the cyclists here... on 21:39 - Aug 16 with 2049 viewsdcd14

One for the cyclists here... on 21:31 - Aug 16 by 1jack

Ok, I've now decided i'm getting a road bike and I've seen this in Argos (I know), I've looked all over the net to see what the forums say and apart from bike snobs there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it especially at that price. The company that makes the frame has been going since 1968 and supposedly this frame was used on the carrera carbon fibre bike in 2013 and was one of the best bikes in the £750 - £1000 price range. I've reserved one but am not 100% because none of the cycling mags/sites have done a review on this. Anyone know anything about it?

Sizing is always the biggest thing you need to look at.

Looking at spec to price it does seem very good value.

A lot of cyclists come under the nice bike shit legs bracket :)
One for the cyclists here... on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 2042 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 21:39 - Aug 16 by dcd14

Sizing is always the biggest thing you need to look at.

Looking at spec to price it does seem very good value.

A lot of cyclists come under the nice bike shit legs bracket :)

I did have shit legs, now i'm up to just crap legs.
One for the cyclists here... on 21:46 - Aug 16 with 2041 viewsdcd14

One for the cyclists here... on 21:44 - Aug 16 by 1jack

I did have shit legs, now i'm up to just crap legs.

Me and you both mate!

If I see you on it Thursday and your doing the TT I'll come say hi
One for the cyclists here... on 21:54 - Aug 16 with 2039 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 21:46 - Aug 16 by dcd14

Me and you both mate!

If I see you on it Thursday and your doing the TT I'll come say hi

Ok, how do you know?
One for the cyclists here... on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 2037 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:31 - Aug 16 by 1jack

On the face of it looks very good value, normally a bike with those specifications would be closer to a grand or so.

It has a 50 34 front chain set which is the norm on most compact chainsets. The rear gears are between 11-25 which is again ok although you might find very steep climbs might need a gear of 27 or 28 to making climbing easier.

It is a bit vague as to what is actually fitted on the chainset but it has Shimano Sora gears in part so they are a decent spec. Almost all carbon frames are made In Taiwan so don't be put off by that.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 2029 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 21:56 - Aug 16 by Pacemaker

On the face of it looks very good value, normally a bike with those specifications would be closer to a grand or so.

It has a 50 34 front chain set which is the norm on most compact chainsets. The rear gears are between 11-25 which is again ok although you might find very steep climbs might need a gear of 27 or 28 to making climbing easier.

It is a bit vague as to what is actually fitted on the chainset but it has Shimano Sora gears in part so they are a decent spec. Almost all carbon frames are made In Taiwan so don't be put off by that.

Cheers for that, I think I'll go for it although I am looking at a Giant Defy 4 on ebay which seems pretty good as well.
This looking for a decent bike (in my budget) is taking over my life.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:01 - Aug 16 with 2025 viewsdcd14

One for the cyclists here... on 21:54 - Aug 16 by 1jack

Ok, how do you know?

Saw on an earlier post you do the TT's in Pembrey, just keep an eye out for you on a new shiny bike :)

I'll be on a white Felt TT bike with one of those stupid black aero helmets lol
One for the cyclists here... on 22:08 - Aug 16 with 2017 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 22:01 - Aug 16 by dcd14

Saw on an earlier post you do the TT's in Pembrey, just keep an eye out for you on a new shiny bike :)

I'll be on a white Felt TT bike with one of those stupid black aero helmets lol

Ha ha, as you probably know I'm the one on the hybrid and I'm fed up of being way behind so a road bike it has to be. I'm hoping that will help, you never know. See you Thursday with a bit of luck, I might struggle to make this week as going on hols on Friday, but will try my best.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:10 - Aug 16 with 2005 viewsdcd14

One for the cyclists here... on 22:08 - Aug 16 by 1jack

Ha ha, as you probably know I'm the one on the hybrid and I'm fed up of being way behind so a road bike it has to be. I'm hoping that will help, you never know. See you Thursday with a bit of luck, I might struggle to make this week as going on hols on Friday, but will try my best.

Doing a TT with a hybrid is no easy feat!

No problem, may see you then. Names Dean BTW.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:14 - Aug 16 with 2000 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:58 - Aug 16 by 1jack

Cheers for that, I think I'll go for it although I am looking at a Giant Defy 4 on ebay which seems pretty good as well.
This looking for a decent bike (in my budget) is taking over my life.

Jackfath is the best shopper/researcher he was all over eBay and gumtree in your price range and paid a little bit more but had a bargain eventually.

I worry about Carbon frames as they are quite delicate compared to aluminium or alloy frames I have a alloy frame with carbon forks so have no experience of carbon bikes as such. I am sure the Bynea TT boys will give you plenty of advice.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024