Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 102691 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:33 - Sep 2 with 2088 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:59 - Sep 2 by orion3016

When I left at 8.00 it was showing 57deg Fahrenheit on garmin luckily I only had a t shirt as it was 81 on the Gower although not sure how accurate garmins are with temperature

Max mentions the foel a few times, will have a look on strava.

I use it as its only an hr and 20 mins or so there and back home so its handy on a school night plus its a good workout for me, as it probably takes me probably 35 to 45 mins to climb it, you boys out regular would do it in 20mins or so, Glyncorrwg and back is just over 2hrs there and back and its fair less taxing than the Foel, that's why I use it, just hope they finish the tree felling soon though.

Went on exercise bike for half hr on a random program, good workout well its a start
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 22:34]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 13:21 - Sep 5 with 2030 viewsrob

Is the Foel still open to cyclists? They are felling a lot of trees up there and the Masts trails will be no more probably! :(
One for the cyclists here... on 16:24 - Sep 5 with 2012 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 13:21 - Sep 5 by rob

Is the Foel still open to cyclists? They are felling a lot of trees up there and the Masts trails will be no more probably! :(

No Rob its closed until November, I just go up and down the fire road, last time I went up the top half was a right mess.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:28 - Sep 22 with 1981 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 16:24 - Sep 5 by max936

No Rob its closed until November, I just go up and down the fire road, last time I went up the top half was a right mess.

Was up there last Wednesday Max they are still working but road is clear. I have a nice route up and over back to Baglan.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:40 - Sep 22 with 1971 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 19:28 - Sep 22 by Pacemaker

Was up there last Wednesday Max they are still working but road is clear. I have a nice route up and over back to Baglan.

Is it clear from the route I use ? why didn't you gimme a shout mun I'd have come up with you, Griff asked to go upto Glyncorrwg tonite, but Im in early in morning so I didn't bother plus Im still recovering from Saturday

One for the cyclists here... on 19:52 - Sep 22 with 1967 viewsdcd14

Any fellow cyclists fancy sponsoring me :)

Doing 2 Ironman triathlons next year within 8 weeks of each other.

IMUK and IMW (Bolton & Tenby).

Thanks in advance.
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DeanDavid14
One for the cyclists here... on 19:53 - Sep 22 with 1967 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 19:40 - Sep 22 by max936

Is it clear from the route I use ? why didn't you gimme a shout mun I'd have come up with you, Griff asked to go upto Glyncorrwg tonite, but Im in early in morning so I didn't bother plus Im still recovering from Saturday

I didnt think until I was halfway up there! I am off the bike until Friday when I get my stitches out and will probably leave the Foel a few more days just to make sure.

I will start doing the route to Glyncorrwg on the cycle path though from Friday on so will give you a ring as soon as I get the all clear.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:55 - Sep 22 with 1964 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 19:53 - Sep 22 by Pacemaker

I didnt think until I was halfway up there! I am off the bike until Friday when I get my stitches out and will probably leave the Foel a few more days just to make sure.

I will start doing the route to Glyncorrwg on the cycle path though from Friday on so will give you a ring as soon as I get the all clear.

Ok Lee take care, didn't know you had been in, thought you were going in, in October.

Is the Foel open my end do you know?

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 20:08 - Sep 22 with 1951 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 19:55 - Sep 22 by max936

Ok Lee take care, didn't know you had been in, thought you were going in, in October.

Is the Foel open my end do you know?

They had security barriers up on the cycle path entrance but you can ride around them, there were still people working there but most of the trees have been harvested and are piled at the bottom end. There is a bit of bark at the bottom but the rest of the road is totally clear and as good as ever.

When I went up Wednesday there were quite a few downhillers up the top so there is obviously no problem going up and down. I rode up from PT and down into Baglan.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:28 - Sep 22 with 1936 viewsrob

Cool. So it's open. Had plenty of cycling last weekend, did W2 up in afan and then 22miles over the Black Mountains near Abergavenny, stunning up there but hard work!
One for the cyclists here... on 22:12 - Sep 22 with 1921 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:28 - Sep 22 by rob

Cool. So it's open. Had plenty of cycling last weekend, did W2 up in afan and then 22miles over the Black Mountains near Abergavenny, stunning up there but hard work!

Been doing about 500 miles a month on the road but been off the MTB recently so really enjoyed my little climb on Wednesday.

The Foel seems to be attracting quite a few riders looking for a thrill coming down on the trails rather than the fire roads but there are a few big drops and it is not an official route. Max and I stay on the fire roads

One for the cyclists here... on 22:50 - Sep 22 with 1902 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:12 - Sep 22 by Pacemaker

Been doing about 500 miles a month on the road but been off the MTB recently so really enjoyed my little climb on Wednesday.

The Foel seems to be attracting quite a few riders looking for a thrill coming down on the trails rather than the fire roads but there are a few big drops and it is not an official route. Max and I stay on the fire roads

I don't fancy my chances on the downhillers, its bound to end in tears and broken bones, so I'll be giving that one a very wide berth

Blue Scar is supposed to be quite gentle though, so I may give that a run before the weather breaks.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:52 - Sep 22 with 1899 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 22:50 - Sep 22 by max936

I don't fancy my chances on the downhillers, its bound to end in tears and broken bones, so I'll be giving that one a very wide berth

Blue Scar is supposed to be quite gentle though, so I may give that a run before the weather breaks.

Blue scar is a good laugh but my mates don't like the berms at the end and walk around them.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:55 - Sep 22 with 1897 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:52 - Sep 22 by Pacemaker

Blue scar is a good laugh but my mates don't like the berms at the end and walk around them.

I haven't seen it fella in work told me about it, is it gentle enough?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:59 - Sep 22 with 1891 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 22:55 - Sep 22 by max936

I haven't seen it fella in work told me about it, is it gentle enough?

I ride it from the Bryn end and then just come down, it is narrow in places so you can't go too fast. It is a fair climb up from Afan Argoed centre but no worst than the Foel.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:08 - Sep 24 with 1821 viewsshingle

Just keep to the cycle tracks you annoying bunch of tit`s your a danger on the roads you also hold up the traffic and many of you ride side by side and to top things off you have no idea how silly you look with those penis helmets on your head, nothing bunch of Bradley Wiggins wannabe`s,
One for the cyclists here... on 18:15 - Sep 24 with 1815 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 18:08 - Sep 24 by shingle

Just keep to the cycle tracks you annoying bunch of tit`s your a danger on the roads you also hold up the traffic and many of you ride side by side and to top things off you have no idea how silly you look with those penis helmets on your head, nothing bunch of Bradley Wiggins wannabe`s,

Stop rushing about in your car, chill, relax, life will be so much better for you. Also we don't want to be Brad Wiggins, we prefer Chris Froome.
One for the cyclists here... on 19:25 - Sep 24 with 1795 viewsshingle

One for the cyclists here... on 18:15 - Sep 24 by 1jack

Stop rushing about in your car, chill, relax, life will be so much better for you. Also we don't want to be Brad Wiggins, we prefer Chris Froome.

I`M a very chilled driver, however a vast number of cyclists are a danger and frustrate motorists by riding side by side and chatting to each other, hence quite a lot of fatalities and serious accidents, and even if you do prefer Chris Frome you still look like silly knobs with your red faces and penis helmets ,as i say keep to the cycle tracks, and the quicker they start taxing cyclist`s to use the roads the better.
One for the cyclists here... on 19:26 - Sep 24 with 1792 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 19:25 - Sep 24 by shingle

I`M a very chilled driver, however a vast number of cyclists are a danger and frustrate motorists by riding side by side and chatting to each other, hence quite a lot of fatalities and serious accidents, and even if you do prefer Chris Frome you still look like silly knobs with your red faces and penis helmets ,as i say keep to the cycle tracks, and the quicker they start taxing cyclist`s to use the roads the better.

Are cyclists legally able to ride side by side?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 19:41 - Sep 24 with 1788 viewsdcd14

One for the cyclists here... on 19:26 - Sep 24 by Jackfath

Are cyclists legally able to ride side by side?

Yep mate, no more than 2 abreast I believe it to be.
One for the cyclists here... on 20:32 - Sep 24 with 1775 viewsjackforever

Love it when motorists moan about cyclists. Come up with the usual bull about 2 abreast, sticking tight to the curb, paying road tax etc etc. So many holes in their argument i just laugh. As for cycle paths unfortunately they are full of dog walkers using extendable leads and families out for a leisurely stroll who think its ok to walk all in a line across the width of the path. Hence the reason people ride on roads.
One for the cyclists here... on 20:45 - Sep 24 with 1769 viewsdcd14

When they start taxing cars to use the roads they may start cyclists!

This may help!

http://ipayroadtax.com/
One for the cyclists here... on 20:55 - Sep 24 with 1763 viewsPacemaker

It's obviously not the cyclists themselves who are upsetting you but the chatting part isn't it? When you get a friend you can have a chat too, it's a very nice way of unwinding and getting rid of stress.

As for two abreast what if it were two horses? Military and police horses always ride two abreast unless it's a single track road. Highway Code is quite clear

Rule 66 says "never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends"

One for the cyclists here... on 21:06 - Sep 24 with 1752 viewsjackforever

Anybody on here compete in cyclocross? Going up to GCG on sunday to watch my lad race. Great sport and a great introduction for kids and adults for that matter into racing. .
One for the cyclists here... on 08:37 - Sep 25 with 1716 views1jack

Aldi's cycling goods promotion starts today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024