Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 103092 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:23 - Feb 17 with 2620 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 22:21 - Feb 17 by Jackswan

Jackfath what bike are you using? was it something like a Giant Defy?

Yep a Defy1

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:25 - Feb 17 with 2618 viewsJackswan

One for the cyclists here... on 22:23 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

Yep a Defy1

Nice. How did you find it starting off? Remember having a drop handlebar when I was a kid, but they are quite a bit different now.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:28 - Feb 17 with 2611 viewsJackswan

Yep a Defy1

I must say, Giant are really good bikes
One for the cyclists here... on 22:29 - Feb 17 with 2611 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 22:25 - Feb 17 by Jackswan

Nice. How did you find it starting off? Remember having a drop handlebar when I was a kid, but they are quite a bit different now.

To be honest I only ever ride on the tops of the bars and on the hoods. I am not agile enough to get into a good tuck and down on the drops. I've realised hills are a killer, and I hate them. With a passion. However on the flatish stuff I love it. The bike is amazing like nothing I've ever ridden before. Took a bit of fiddling to get it all set up right and also with the clip in pedals was another tricky thing to get used to (and I fell off when I forgot to tighten them up properly).

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:36 - Feb 17 with 2603 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:12 - Feb 17 by CountyJim

Whats the best budget bikes

The one this guys riding will suit you jimbo

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 22:37 - Feb 17 with 2601 viewsJackswan

One for the cyclists here... on 22:29 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

To be honest I only ever ride on the tops of the bars and on the hoods. I am not agile enough to get into a good tuck and down on the drops. I've realised hills are a killer, and I hate them. With a passion. However on the flatish stuff I love it. The bike is amazing like nothing I've ever ridden before. Took a bit of fiddling to get it all set up right and also with the clip in pedals was another tricky thing to get used to (and I fell off when I forgot to tighten them up properly).

I was speaking to a mate who had clip in pedals, he crashed and went back to normal pedals, seems to be an art to them things.
Hills sure are a killer. Not doing much hills at the moment. My circuits are all from Llansamlet, up to Ystalyfera,, down to Mumbles Head, over to Amazon or down over Clyne Valley.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:41 - Feb 17 with 2595 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 22:37 - Feb 17 by Jackswan

I was speaking to a mate who had clip in pedals, he crashed and went back to normal pedals, seems to be an art to them things.
Hills sure are a killer. Not doing much hills at the moment. My circuits are all from Llansamlet, up to Ystalyfera,, down to Mumbles Head, over to Amazon or down over Clyne Valley.

Llansamlet, Stadium, Marina, Blackpill, Gowerton, Loughor, Llanelli, Burry Port, Kidwelly and back is a great run, all fairly flat too. I enjoy that one and as you say early morning with no people about it's better.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:46 - Feb 17 with 2590 viewsJackswan

One for the cyclists here... on 22:41 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

Llansamlet, Stadium, Marina, Blackpill, Gowerton, Loughor, Llanelli, Burry Port, Kidwelly and back is a great run, all fairly flat too. I enjoy that one and as you say early morning with no people about it's better.

Just looking at the Kidwelly route on Sustrans, mainly cycle paths, but what is the mileage?
Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 22:48 - Feb 17 with 2588 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 22:46 - Feb 17 by Jackswan

Just looking at the Kidwelly route on Sustrans, mainly cycle paths, but what is the mileage?

I think that route would be around 40 odd miles.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:51 - Feb 17 with 2584 viewsJackswan

One for the cyclists here... on 22:48 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

I think that route would be around 40 odd miles.

Fair distance then.

Any reason you took up cycling? Or is it just to lose a bit of weight around the middle, like I need to
One for the cyclists here... on 22:56 - Feb 17 with 2580 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 22:51 - Feb 17 by Jackswan

Fair distance then.

Any reason you took up cycling? Or is it just to lose a bit of weight around the middle, like I need to

i always enjoyed it as a youngster. It's good low impact fitness and I found the fact that when I am out I have nothing else to occupy me but staying in control. No laptop, no work, just the bike. It's the only time when this happens in my life!

It was amazing how quick I adjusted to the rides and how much further and faster I could go. Tenby was a big challenge but I got there, just. Not able to commit to another ride this year as I cant train as much at the moment, I was going to attempt CARTEN100 and hopefully will give that a crack one year. This year I intend just to do some flat runs out to Kidwelly and back whilst stopping for a coffee and some cake.

One for the cyclists here... on 23:26 - Feb 17 with 2568 viewsCountyJim

One for the cyclists here... on 22:36 - Feb 17 by max936

The one this guys riding will suit you jimbo

Now that Steve is how to stay on a bike

You clumsey Tw@t
One for the cyclists here... on 08:33 - Feb 18 with 2541 viewsAndy1300

Yep a Defy1

Can't afford a defy 1 but just ordered a defy 3 from Rutland cycles.

Reduced from £699 to £399 absolute bargain

Number 1 team in Wales

One for the cyclists here... on 08:42 - Feb 18 with 2539 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 08:33 - Feb 18 by Andy1300

That's a good deal. I bought mine second hand from a chap from Splott. Had a load of gear off him for a knock down price - the bike is like new.

One for the cyclists here... on 08:52 - Feb 18 with 2536 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 08:33 - Feb 18 by Andy1300

excellent price
One for the cyclists here... on 12:59 - Feb 18 with 2593 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 22:12 - Feb 17 by CountyJim

Whats the best budget bikes

Don't think you will go far wrong in Halfords or Decathalon I had a Carrera MTB to start off with which did the job. If you have a cycle to work scheme it's worth using it to save a few bob. I have a Boardman MTB and Road bikeboth v good value for money with the kit they have and the Boardman Hybrid is well regarded.

Decathalon sell Btwin bikes which are also v good vfm. If you have a good local bike shop nearby they will generally sort you out. I think there is a Lakeland Bikes shop in Newport they always have good deals.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 17:23 - Feb 18 with 2573 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 12:59 - Feb 18 by Pacemaker

Don't think you will go far wrong in Halfords or Decathalon I had a Carrera MTB to start off with which did the job. If you have a cycle to work scheme it's worth using it to save a few bob. I have a Boardman MTB and Road bikeboth v good value for money with the kit they have and the Boardman Hybrid is well regarded.

Decathalon sell Btwin bikes which are also v good vfm. If you have a good local bike shop nearby they will generally sort you out. I think there is a Lakeland Bikes shop in Newport they always have good deals.

He needs it to get around the field for when he's reffing theses days, he's consumed to many custard cream biscuits, even Jacamo is to small for him these days

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 17:59 - Feb 18 with 2559 viewsCountyJim

One for the cyclists here... on 17:23 - Feb 18 by max936

He needs it to get around the field for when he's reffing theses days, he's consumed to many custard cream biscuits, even Jacamo is to small for him these days

Tw@tttttttttttttttttttttt
One for the cyclists here... on 18:03 - May 6 with 2308 views1jack

Anyone doing the CARTEN 100 this weekend?
One for the cyclists here... on 18:54 - May 6 with 2300 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:03 - May 6 by 1jack

Anyone doing the CARTEN 100 this weekend?

Yes third year running for me.....yet to see the sun or ride without gale force headwinds. It has been a mare on some of the climbs between Kidwelly, Johnstown, St Clare's Red Roses up to Tavernspite

But a great feeling as the first beer goes down in the marquee at the finish.

I know Jack Morsel was intending to ride as well

I have raised nearly £300 in work for the nominated charity which is Velindre NHS trust and the great work they do.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:57 - May 6 with 2292 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:54 - May 6 by Pacemaker

Yes third year running for me.....yet to see the sun or ride without gale force headwinds. It has been a mare on some of the climbs between Kidwelly, Johnstown, St Clare's Red Roses up to Tavernspite

I have raised nearly £300 in work for the nominated charity which is Velindre NHS trust and the great work they do.

Very best of luck mate, looks like it's going to be windy, again!!

One for the cyclists here... on 19:12 - May 6 with 2284 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:57 - May 6 by Jackfath

Very best of luck mate, looks like it's going to be windy, again!!

I just accept its going to happen now. The Tour of Pembrokeshire was much better this year so crossed fingers it's the same. Here is a clip from last year....52 miles in on millennium path.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:04 - May 6 with 2252 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 18:54 - May 6 by Pacemaker

Keep a look out, i'm on a white and black (what else?) giant no. 423, but I'll be a lot slower than you.
One for the cyclists here... on 20:44 - May 6 with 2231 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 20:04 - May 6 by 1jack

Keep a look out, i'm on a white and black (what else?) giant no. 423, but I'll be a lot slower than you.

I won't be flying along don't you worry. Number 231 big bloke on a bright blue Planet X🚵🏼🚵🏼.

If it's your first time don't rush off take your time the hard work starts after Burryport.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:21 - May 6 with 2191 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 20:44 - May 6 by Pacemaker

I won't be flying along don't you worry. Number 231 big bloke on a bright blue Planet X🚵🏼🚵🏼.

If it's your first time don't rush off take your time the hard work starts after Burryport.

I shall be freewheeling down every hill, I know west wales quite well so I will definitely need every bit of energy I can muster.
Good luck, see you Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024