Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 102761 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:37 - Aug 9 with 1567 viewsCooperman

One for the cyclists here... on 21:32 - Aug 9 by little_britton

yes I've got all the inner tubes and stuff, I've been watching loads of the GNC videos on YouTube so stocked up on what they advised.
Going to be having a new phone soon so if I download strava on my current phone can I transfer all my data to the new phone
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 21:33]

Yes, the data is stored in the Strava cloud and not on your phone.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

One for the cyclists here... on 21:40 - Aug 9 with 1563 viewsCooperman

One for the cyclists here... on 21:28 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

Get on Strava!

We've got to do the Planet Swans summer bike ride next year without fail. A two man organisation committee would be excellent ;-)

I've got a great charity in mind for the proceeds.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:42 - Aug 9 with 1562 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:40 - Aug 9 by Cooperman

We've got to do the Planet Swans summer bike ride next year without fail. A two man organisation committee would be excellent ;-)

I've got a great charity in mind for the proceeds.

Agreed. We could get Mr Sumbler to buy us some bib shorts and figure hugging lycra tops.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:43 - Aug 9 with 1559 viewsJackfath

Any of you chaps tried Zwift?

https://zwift.com/

I did the free trial during the winter months and will be on it this winter.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:44 - Aug 9 with 1556 viewsCooperman

One for the cyclists here... on 21:42 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

Agreed. We could get Mr Sumbler to buy us some bib shorts and figure hugging lycra tops.

I don't need any more convincing.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:45 - Aug 9 with 1553 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:44 - Aug 9 by Cooperman

I don't need any more convincing.

Pacemaker will put us all to shame. He's a machine!

One for the cyclists here... on 21:45 - Aug 9 with 1552 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:32 - Aug 9 by little_britton

yes I've got all the inner tubes and stuff, I've been watching loads of the GNC videos on YouTube so stocked up on what they advised.
Going to be having a new phone soon so if I download strava on my current phone can I transfer all my data to the new phone
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 21:33]

Once you load onto strava you can log onto any device and view your rides. You can also set up your routes to measure your progress over a period of time.

Great advice on here from plenty of the posters as you can see already. Never be afraid to ask.

As Coops said always remember that at your furthest distance from home you are only halfway through your ride.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:47 - Aug 9 with 1544 viewslittle_britton

One for the cyclists here... on 21:45 - Aug 9 by Pacemaker

Once you load onto strava you can log onto any device and view your rides. You can also set up your routes to measure your progress over a period of time.

Great advice on here from plenty of the posters as you can see already. Never be afraid to ask.

As Coops said always remember that at your furthest distance from home you are only halfway through your ride.

I'm downloading strava as I type
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated
Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 21:48 - Aug 9 with 1537 viewsCooperman

One for the cyclists here... on 21:43 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

Any of you chaps tried Zwift?

https://zwift.com/

I did the free trial during the winter months and will be on it this winter.

Not tried it but my friend has. A nice alternative during the winter months was the general consensus.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:48 - Aug 9 with 1540 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:47 - Aug 9 by little_britton

I'm downloading strava as I type
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated

Be warned, it's addictive!

One for the cyclists here... on 21:51 - Aug 9 with 1532 viewsCooperman

One for the cyclists here... on 21:48 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

Be warned, it's addictive!

He said something similar; was being drawn each evening to hurtling around some Pacific island with 100 or so strangers.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:57 - Aug 9 with 1503 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:45 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

Pacemaker will put us all to shame. He's a machine!

A very old and knackered machine.

It's all in the mind guys & gals you can talk yourself into doing and finishing anything if you really want to as Jackfath knows only too well.

An inspiration to us all, a tremendous journey of which he should be justly very proud.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 09:27 - Aug 10 with 1442 viewssherpajacob

One for the cyclists here... on 21:45 - Aug 9 by Pacemaker

"As Coops said always remember that at your furthest distance from home you are only halfway through your ride."

It's normally at that point I discover I've had a strong tail wind behind me.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

One for the cyclists here... on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 1434 viewsJFSwan

Training ride last night up the swansea valley and down via crynant. 28 miles at 19 mph average. The main group finished with 21mph avg so I got dropped to team 2 !
Lung busting but loving my cycling atm.

Change of pace Saturday in the bouncy bouncy bike up afan forest with some mtb racers
One for the cyclists here... on 10:43 - Aug 10 with 1426 viewsBatterseajack

One for the cyclists here... on 10:11 - Aug 10 by JFSwan

Training ride last night up the swansea valley and down via crynant. 28 miles at 19 mph average. The main group finished with 21mph avg so I got dropped to team 2 !

Change of pace Saturday in the bouncy bouncy bike up afan forest with some mtb racers

Was that with the Cycle cafe mob? My dad was on that that, looked fast!
One for the cyclists here... on 11:00 - Aug 10 with 1418 viewslittle_britton

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

Some funny ones in here
One for the cyclists here... on 12:10 - Aug 10 with 1403 viewsJFSwan

One for the cyclists here... on 10:43 - Aug 10 by Batterseajack

Was that with the Cycle cafe mob? My dad was on that that, looked fast!

It's was indeed Cycle Cafe & Bryncoch bombers.

Wednesday night's are literally ' turn up and hang on ' and it's absolute warfare at times, who's your dad ?
One for the cyclists here... on 19:42 - Aug 10 with 1350 viewscsf

Does Strava show you the times for individual miles on a workout. Can't seem to find it. Map my ride has them, but I like the segment sections on Strava.
One for the cyclists here... on 20:10 - Aug 10 with 1343 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 22:57 - Aug 9 by Pacemaker

A very old and knackered machine.

It's all in the mind guys & gals you can talk yourself into doing and finishing anything if you really want to as Jackfath knows only too well.

An inspiration to us all, a tremendous journey of which he should be justly very proud.

Thank you my friend. You were the one who began to give me the confidence.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:12 - Aug 10 with 1340 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 19:42 - Aug 10 by csf

Does Strava show you the times for individual miles on a workout. Can't seem to find it. Map my ride has them, but I like the segment sections on Strava.

Without looking I think it does give splits.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:13 - Aug 10 with 1338 viewsJackfath

I wouldn't enjoy that.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:22 - Aug 10 with 1333 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 19:42 - Aug 10 by csf

Yes everything can be calculated. It's easy to make a new segment for specific timings for a section you like, probably best to do it from a laptop though and the desktop app

Used sensibly it's a great app to test your fitness although there are many horror stories, self included, where you get overly competitive and push the limits when it all ends in tears 😂

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 22:26 - Aug 10 with 1300 viewsJackswan

Way to fast for me
One for the cyclists here... on 18:31 - Aug 11 with 1228 viewslittle_britton

Not sure if it's been asked, is Chamois cream any good if you're doing a long ride
One for the cyclists here... on 20:46 - Aug 11 with 1215 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:31 - Aug 11 by little_britton

Not sure if it's been asked, is Chamois cream any good if you're doing a long ride

I've tried most things, I've even bought gel pants, but I still suffer they're ok for use on exercise bike, but ot and about is a bit different, I don't road ride I ride [did I should say] on the fireroads up in the forestry, I think the secret is regular riding so that the old backside becomes hardened to it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024