Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 101497 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:56 - May 21 with 4107 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Bike-charity-boss-cycling-training/story

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One for the cyclists here... on 14:21 - May 22 with 4064 viewsflavafridge

2 miles out this morning and my right pedal wobbled. Stopped to take a look and the thread came clean out with it. Probably looking at a new chainset now, gutted.
One for the cyclists here... on 15:48 - May 22 with 4044 viewsLeonisGod

One for the cyclists here... on 21:56 - May 21 by Darran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Bike-charity-boss-cycling-training/story

"Bike charity boss calls for cycling training". Training for motorists would be the better option. As he points out the roads are pretty hostile round here. I've lived and biked all over the UK and Swansea and the surrounding area is one of the places I feel least safe.
One for the cyclists here... on 12:08 - May 26 with 3993 viewsJackfath

I took this photo on my ride this morning.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 14:17 - May 26 with 3970 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 12:08 - May 26 by Jackfath

I took this photo on my ride this morning.

Where's that JF Jersey Marine?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 14:18 - May 26 with 3970 viewsPacemaker

Nice butt! Cracking day for it, down the Vale yesterday but will be out tonight for a quick run.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 14:26 - May 26 with 3965 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 14:18 - May 26 by Pacemaker

Nice butt! Cracking day for it, down the Vale yesterday but will be out tonight for a quick run.

Im down the Black Boy having a scoff and a beer

One for the cyclists here... on 14:32 - May 26 with 3961 viewsJackfath

Yep Jersey Marine.

25 miles done by about 9.30. I am knackered now though. Thought it best to get it done out of the way before the roads and paths filled up. Increased my speed by average of 2mph! Pleased with that.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 14:49 - May 26 with 3951 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 14:32 - May 26 by Jackfath

Yep Jersey Marine.

25 miles done by about 9.30. I am knackered now though. Thought it best to get it done out of the way before the roads and paths filled up. Increased my speed by average of 2mph! Pleased with that.

I did my hr and a bit somorning then had to put matting down on front garden ready for delivery of ornamental gravel tomoz went down skip yard to dumo some crap off, shower shave and out, aint stopped since half 8

One for the cyclists here... on 14:53 - May 26 with 3950 viewsPacemaker

Yep Jersey Marine.

It's amazing how quickly your fitness picks up when you are out regularly. Going really well by the sound of it. You will be running out of routes to ride soon.# Carten 100 on the horizon

One for the cyclists here... on 14:55 - May 26 with 3944 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 14:49 - May 26 by max936

I did my hr and a bit somorning then had to put matting down on front garden ready for delivery of ornamental gravel tomoz went down skip yard to dumo some crap off, shower shave and out, aint stopped since half 8

Recovery is as important as training Max can't burn the candle at both ends!

One for the cyclists here... on 14:55 - May 26 with 3944 viewsdcd14

One for the cyclists here... on 14:53 - May 26 by Pacemaker

It's amazing how quickly your fitness picks up when you are out regularly. Going really well by the sound of it. You will be running out of routes to ride soon.# Carten 100 on the horizon

Carten100!

A ride where the weather is no doubt going to be awful, like this year! OUCH!
One for the cyclists here... on 14:56 - May 26 with 3944 viewsBanosswan

Yep Jersey Marine.

Have they cleared the track all the way now? Last time I went down there I ended up cycling through bushes and over some pretty tough terrain.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

One for the cyclists here... on 15:02 - May 26 with 3938 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 14:55 - May 26 by dcd14

Carten100!

A ride where the weather is no doubt going to be awful, like this year! OUCH!

Done last two Carten weather was awful for both but for a good cause. It's also a good training target. Quite a few Jacks do it every year

One for the cyclists here... on 15:03 - May 26 with 3934 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 14:56 - May 26 by Banosswan

Have they cleared the track all the way now? Last time I went down there I ended up cycling through bushes and over some pretty tough terrain.

It's flat all the way, no trees in the way. Ground is compact stone rather than tarmac.

One for the cyclists here... on 15:05 - May 26 with 3931 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 14:53 - May 26 by Pacemaker

One step at a time, would be a great thing to do though!

One for the cyclists here... on 20:50 - May 26 with 3896 viewsorion3016

http://instagram.com/p/oIsQDxkA6V/

Talybont

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 21:38 - May 26 with 3871 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 20:50 - May 26 by orion3016

http://instagram.com/p/oIsQDxkA6V/

Talybont

I really think Wales is God's back garden.
One for the cyclists here... on 21:41 - May 26 with 3868 viewsjackmorsel

Did 45 miles this morning, good to get out after a few bad weather days. Carten100 was hard work but worth it.

I agree with Lee your fitness comes on very quickly if you keep training, 40-50 miles is a fairly easy couple of hours or so for me now, could not have even dreamt of that a few months ago!

Lee, you fancy doing this one? Does part of the Carten route.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/pages/sportive#

I am looking to do it with my brother, got the bug for events now
One for the cyclists here... on 21:44 - May 26 with 3865 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:41 - May 26 by jackmorsel

Did 45 miles this morning, good to get out after a few bad weather days. Carten100 was hard work but worth it.

I agree with Lee your fitness comes on very quickly if you keep training, 40-50 miles is a fairly easy couple of hours or so for me now, could not have even dreamt of that a few months ago!

How far were you going when you started? What sort of times and on what sort of bike?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:52 - May 26 with 3860 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:44 - May 26 by Jackfath

How far were you going when you started? What sort of times and on what sort of bike?

All ew buggers riding on tarmac, get up on the fireroads and the gravelly rough stuff and spending half hr or more climbing that sorts the wheat from the chaff
[Post edited 26 May 2014 21:53]

One for the cyclists here... on 22:06 - May 26 with 3852 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:41 - May 26 by jackmorsel

Unfortunately I will be on holidays, I did see it and fancied it, I think it is part of the Ironman route.

Dragon ride next for me Sunday 8th June going for the 95 mile route loads of climbing including the infamous Devils Elbow.

There are four of us entered but I think there will only be three on the day! My two nephews will be doing the longer distance Grand Fondo 210km route (140 miles).

I am looking for a nice tester for something after I get back from holidays or late Sept/Oct now as I am working non stop 10thAug to 10th Sept. I did do Cardiff to Coast ride last Oct which was about 60 odd miles and a decent ride out to Ogmore by Sea.

Make sure you encourage Jackfath he is almost hooked
[Post edited 26 May 2014 22:09]

One for the cyclists here... on 22:15 - May 26 with 3843 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:52 - May 26 by max936

All ew buggers riding on tarmac, get up on the fireroads and the gravelly rough stuff and spending half hr or more climbing that sorts the wheat from the chaff
[Post edited 26 May 2014 21:53]

Max I am def getting out this week if you fancy it, I noticed today that there are quite a few new roads where they are clearing the trees.

Looks like it could be a summer of climbing.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:26 - May 26 with 3835 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:15 - May 26 by Pacemaker

Max I am def getting out this week if you fancy it, I noticed today that there are quite a few new roads where they are clearing the trees.

Looks like it could be a summer of climbing.

Ok Lee gimme a text, I'll be home by 1/4 to 5 should be ready by 6ish, nice steady ride up to ponds plenty of fart legging on way [20 pedals] one of the climbs is a pain in the arse the machines have wrecked the trail, by creating culverts, so you're on and off the bike which makes it hard to get started again due to the steepness of the climb.
[Post edited 26 May 2014 22:27]

One for the cyclists here... on 22:42 - May 26 with 3826 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 22:26 - May 26 by max936

Ok Lee gimme a text, I'll be home by 1/4 to 5 should be ready by 6ish, nice steady ride up to ponds plenty of fart legging on way [20 pedals] one of the climbs is a pain in the arse the machines have wrecked the trail, by creating culverts, so you're on and off the bike which makes it hard to get started again due to the steepness of the climb.
[Post edited 26 May 2014 22:27]

Tidy I am home by then so will text as soon as I am ready to go. Pity those roads are being wrecked.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024