Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 101494 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:24 - May 28 with 2438 viewsmax936

Muddy Fox cycling gear for sale at Sports Direct, anybody bought any from there, after a couple of pairs of cycling shorts, but at around 50quid a throw I thought I'd take a look at Sports Direct, cheap tat I suppose but they may be ok for short rides.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 21:40 - May 28 with 2415 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:24 - May 28 by max936

Muddy Fox cycling gear for sale at Sports Direct, anybody bought any from there, after a couple of pairs of cycling shorts, but at around 50quid a throw I thought I'd take a look at Sports Direct, cheap tat I suppose but they may be ok for short rides.

Only one way to find out Max. Buy a pair and give them a trial! Remember to leave your y fronts at home though.

Going to see a "new" bike tomorrow.....

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:46 - May 28 with 2413 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:24 - May 28 by max936

I bought some stuff Max it was Ok the v cheap stuff is not up too much but the stuff in the £15-20 was ok, my son uses it now. The pads are pretty thin tho so only an hour or two before you start feeling a bit sore.

I get most of my stuff off Planet X/Chain Reaction/Wiggle now they have some bargains on there if your timing is right.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:47 - May 28 with 2412 viewsJackfath

I bought some the other day;

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:49 - May 28 with 2410 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:40 - May 28 by Jackfath

Only one way to find out Max. Buy a pair and give them a trial! Remember to leave your y fronts at home though.

Going to see a "new" bike tomorrow.....

I went up my local training route last night at the last minute, great ride, hell of a climb but it was the best I've ever done climbing there, nearly lost the arse end again coming back down and again I didn't have my helmet on, not a good idea up there, going up again tomoz, me and the bike got covered in wet dirty muddy stuff, cleaned the bike tonite after work and found a few chips on the paintwork gutted.

What bike you viewing tomoz?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:51 - May 28 with 2408 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:46 - May 28 by Pacemaker

I bought some stuff Max it was Ok the v cheap stuff is not up too much but the stuff in the £15-20 was ok, my son uses it now. The pads are pretty thin tho so only an hour or two before you start feeling a bit sore.

I get most of my stuff off Planet X/Chain Reaction/Wiggle now they have some bargains on there if your timing is right.

Cheers Lee, I had a look on the Tredz website, bloody expensive, I've bought off Chain Reaction a few times, I'll take a looksie.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:53 - May 28 with 2405 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:47 - May 28 by Jackfath

I bought some the other day;

Love the sandals mush, ew looking good.

One for the cyclists here... on 12:07 - May 29 with 2362 viewsJackfath

Any advice on bike computers?

I currently use my Iphone in my saddle bag to track rides. Thinking about a unit to fix it to my bars. Is that the way to go or should I consider a Garmin edge 200 or a cheaper simpler computer that does speed, distance etc?

Hmmmm

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 12:15 - May 29 with 2360 viewsperchrockjack

shyte,some serious stuff here.
Anyone coming up for tour de France

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

One for the cyclists here... on 22:19 - May 29 with 2324 viewsJackfath

How do thin rims cope with cattle grids?

Also anyone use any bike computers?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:28 - May 29 with 2322 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:19 - May 29 by Jackfath

Lee uses a Garmin, he loves it, cost him about 80 quid I think.

I tried Strava on my phone the other night wasn't happy with it to be honest, it doesn't regconise climbs, so its distance calculations aren't accurate.
[Post edited 29 May 2014 22:31]

One for the cyclists here... on 22:43 - May 29 with 2317 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 22:28 - May 29 by max936

Lee uses a Garmin, he loves it, cost him about 80 quid I think.

I tried Strava on my phone the other night wasn't happy with it to be honest, it doesn't regconise climbs, so its distance calculations aren't accurate.
[Post edited 29 May 2014 22:31]

It does the elevation though doesn't it?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:58 - May 29 with 2313 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:43 - May 29 by Jackfath

It does the elevation though doesn't it?

Don't think so, if you pay to subscribe to it, it might.

One for the cyclists here... on 23:01 - May 29 with 2310 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 22:58 - May 29 by max936

Yeah it does. Looking at mine now, it gives the elevation of your ride and also it gives you a cross section elevation graph. Free.

One for the cyclists here... on 23:08 - May 29 with 2303 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 23:01 - May 29 by Jackfath

Yeah it does. Looking at mine now, it gives the elevation of your ride and also it gives you a cross section elevation graph. Free.

Me and technology don't go well together my friend.

One for the cyclists here... on 07:25 - May 30 with 2284 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 22:19 - May 29 by Jackfath

Thin rims cope with cattle grids fine although you will feel it through your nether regions!
I have done well over 40 coming down the Bwlch and gone over the cattle grid no problem. I have seen a very serious accident on the same cattle grid where a guy hit it with his wheel not straight on and he went down.

I have a Garmin 200 its a basic GPS but does the job very well, I think what Max was referring to was it does show the elevation but obviously you are not moving that far forawrd so on very steep long hills it seems as if you are stuck on the same mileage for a while but you are obviously going up rather than across.

If you are using your phone put it on flight mode and it apparently saves the battery, i stopped using my phone because with everything on it was running the battery down within 3 hours, any ride longer than that and you were only getting some of the data.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 09:21 - May 30 with 2256 views1jack

Enjoying this thread so much I've even bought a cycling magazine to read while I am in gog land for the weekend.
Planet Swans is so much nicer when there's no football on.
One for the cyclists here... on 09:52 - May 30 with 2237 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 22:58 - May 29 by max936

I use a garmin 500 gives you elevation while riding
Mates use iPhones etc and they are usually quite accurate and you get the elevation at the end when you upload to strava

Jackfath - perhaps I could follow you on strava

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 11:04 - May 30 with 2215 viewsBatterseajack

I use a Garmin 500 as well. For me, it was one of the most important pieces of kit after buying the bike. Having migrated to London and being unfamiliar with the country roads around it, with a bit of planning, it allows me to blast down roads i've never been down before with the confidence that it will lead me to somewhere good and don't have to track back or get lost. Every ride is a quality ride because of this and i don't end up going over the same routes over and over. Now with Strava route mapper it's never been easier to pick routes that are popular amongst cyclists.

So who's going to set up a Planet Swans Strava cycle club?
One for the cyclists here... on 12:14 - May 30 with 2207 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 11:04 - May 30 by Batterseajack

I use a Garmin 500 as well. For me, it was one of the most important pieces of kit after buying the bike. Having migrated to London and being unfamiliar with the country roads around it, with a bit of planning, it allows me to blast down roads i've never been down before with the confidence that it will lead me to somewhere good and don't have to track back or get lost. Every ride is a quality ride because of this and i don't end up going over the same routes over and over. Now with Strava route mapper it's never been easier to pick routes that are popular amongst cyclists.

So who's going to set up a Planet Swans Strava cycle club?

I nominate you

One for the cyclists here... on 14:05 - May 30 with 2188 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 09:52 - May 30 by orion3016

I use a garmin 500 gives you elevation while riding
Mates use iPhones etc and they are usually quite accurate and you get the elevation at the end when you upload to strava

Jackfath - perhaps I could follow you on strava

You'd be most welcome my friend.

Just got back from a 30 miler Tour D'Abertawe.

Broke some of my PBs but still slow on my tractor.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:39 - May 30 with 2152 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 14:05 - May 30 by Jackfath

You'd be most welcome my friend.

Just got back from a 30 miler Tour D'Abertawe.

Broke some of my PBs but still slow on my tractor.

I'm volunteering for the strava club

I'm a mtb rider

Search robbie udb

Then let's all join

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 20:21 - May 30 with 2143 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 19:39 - May 30 by orion3016

I'm volunteering for the strava club

I'm a mtb rider

Search robbie udb

Then let's all join

Had a runout up to the ponds last night with Pacemaker, Rob, good run as well, nice fella is Lee as well and fit.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:57 - May 30 with 2136 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 20:21 - May 30 by max936

Had a runout up to the ponds last night with Pacemaker, Rob, good run as well, nice fella is Lee as well and fit.

I can help you out if you need any frozen northbound rides

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 21:05 - May 30 with 2134 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 20:57 - May 30 by orion3016

I can help you out if you need any frozen northbound rides

Where's that Finland.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024