Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 101486 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 08:04 - May 31 with 2543 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 19:39 - May 30 by orion3016

I'm volunteering for the strava club

I'm a mtb rider

Search robbie udb

Then let's all join

Followed you, you have some great rides around you,like that ride around reservoir will have to get up there.

I am mostly on the road at the moment but I enjoy my XC as well so tend to use fire roads and tracks with some quick down hills and canal paths.

Do a fair bit of walking up around the Beacons from Pontstic reservoir never thought about taking the bike up there. Both Max and I have Boardman HT 29ers.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 08:43 - May 31 with 2522 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 08:04 - May 31 by Pacemaker

Followed you, you have some great rides around you,like that ride around reservoir will have to get up there.

I am mostly on the road at the moment but I enjoy my XC as well so tend to use fire roads and tracks with some quick down hills and canal paths.

Do a fair bit of walking up around the Beacons from Pontstic reservoir never thought about taking the bike up there. Both Max and I have Boardman HT 29ers.

Just matched you up on strava mate

You out riding regularly fair play

I ride a cannondale scalpel 29 and also a trek fuel 29, we've got some cracking off road stuff where I am. I also do some big Tarmac rides but all on a mtb, most Saturdays there's alcohol involved, like later today where a few of us mix the riding and social

Good to have some swans friends on strava, most of my mates are redbirds!

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 09:25 - May 31 with 2500 viewsrob

One for the cyclists here... on 08:43 - May 31 by orion3016

Just matched you up on strava mate

You out riding regularly fair play

I ride a cannondale scalpel 29 and also a trek fuel 29, we've got some cracking off road stuff where I am. I also do some big Tarmac rides but all on a mtb, most Saturdays there's alcohol involved, like later today where a few of us mix the riding and social

Good to have some swans friends on strava, most of my mates are redbirds!

Just back from a few days camping and mountain biking in North Wales. Wanted to ride some off piste stuff but ended up spending most of the time at Coed y Brenin which was great but very, very busy. Rode Cwm Rhaedr on the way up, which, if you havn't been before, try it, it is awesome.

Also had the news that my new Santa Cruz Heckler that i ordered four weeks ago will take another four weeks to even get to the UK. Not happy! Oh well.
One for the cyclists here... on 09:36 - May 31 with 2481 viewsJackfath

Team Planet Swans.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 09:40 - May 31 with 2476 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 09:36 - May 31 by Jackfath

Team Planet Swans.

I can feel a two wheeled pub crawl coming on.
One for the cyclists here... on 10:01 - May 31 with 2467 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 09:40 - May 31 by 1jack

I can feel a two wheeled pub crawl coming on.

Tidy

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 10:05 - May 31 with 2466 viewsmax936

I know I probably need to grow up a tad but I downloaded Rocky tracks to my phone to play while I do my hr's training in my garage, it got me motorviated anyway as I was in my garage by 8 somorning sweating like a good un, which got me thinking about cycling on your own around the trails, I think the Rcky music would be a great to keep you going

Here's a sample

[Post edited 31 May 2014 10:09]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 10:09 - May 31 with 2464 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 09:36 - May 31 by Jackfath

Team Planet Swans.

I gather we are now followers......
Welcome

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 10:11 - May 31 with 2462 viewsDarran

One for the cyclists here... on 10:09 - May 31 by orion3016

I gather we are now followers......
Welcome

You have a FAO on the non football board Mr Orion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One for the cyclists here... on 10:17 - May 31 with 2458 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 10:11 - May 31 by Darran

You have a FAO on the non football board Mr Orion.

Got it dar, brilliant

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 11:09 - May 31 with 2448 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Went for a big multi-day ride last weekend with the aim of kick-starting a big summer of cycling. Unfortunately I overdid it and ended up with ruined knees...it'll be a while before I can get on a bike again

What a tw*t

At least I got a cracking tan and fulfilled a lifetime ambition to see Bognor Regis....

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

One for the cyclists here... on 12:32 - May 31 with 2433 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 11:09 - May 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Went for a big multi-day ride last weekend with the aim of kick-starting a big summer of cycling. Unfortunately I overdid it and ended up with ruined knees...it'll be a while before I can get on a bike again

What a tw*t

At least I got a cracking tan and fulfilled a lifetime ambition to see Bognor Regis....

That's awesome. How far is it?

My thighs are still sore after yesterdays ride. I only went for a small spin on the new BMX but thighs killing. I do hope as I get fitter they'll not hurt so much.
[Post edited 31 May 2014 12:33]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 13:06 - May 31 with 2416 viewsNeath_Jack

Just done a Tour De Neath Canal. 11.5 miles.

I definitely need a softer seat, i'm walking like i've shit myself.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

One for the cyclists here... on 13:44 - May 31 with 2404 viewsPacemaker

I expect its either the seat is not in the right position or you need to get a little "used" in that area. A good pair of cycling shorts with a decent pad should mean that there is little pain in the man garden.

Softer seat will cause more problems in the long run. I like the Neath canal footpath amazing how quiet it is considering you are yards away from a number of populted areas.

Great wildlife on view as well if you keep an eye open.

One for the cyclists here... on 14:27 - May 31 with 2391 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 13:44 - May 31 by Pacemaker

I expect its either the seat is not in the right position or you need to get a little "used" in that area. A good pair of cycling shorts with a decent pad should mean that there is little pain in the man garden.

Softer seat will cause more problems in the long run. I like the Neath canal footpath amazing how quiet it is considering you are yards away from a number of populted areas.

You're a mountain goat lee what you doing on canal paths, l was working my socks off Thursday just trying to keep up with you

One for the cyclists here... on 16:15 - May 31 with 2378 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 14:27 - May 31 by max936

You're a mountain goat lee what you doing on canal paths, l was working my socks off Thursday just trying to keep up with you

I am only like that because I eat more than 600 calories! I would have been dying if I had cut my intake to that, plus you had done a fair bit of climbing the day before and I was fresh.

I felt it in my legs Friday morning going into work I can tell you, Stormy Down seemed longer than normal. I did a good run this morning down through Porthcawl and out to Southerndown and back that will be me for a week now until I do the Dragon ride next Sunday.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:04 - May 31 with 2356 viewsNeath_Jack

One for the cyclists here... on 13:44 - May 31 by Pacemaker

What's the best site to get some padded shorts from?

There's a pair of swans with their newborn up by Zoars, loads of people around there taking photo's of them.

Diolch.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:23 - May 31 with 2351 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

One for the cyclists here... on 12:32 - May 31 by Jackfath

That's awesome. How far is it?

My thighs are still sore after yesterdays ride. I only went for a small spin on the new BMX but thighs killing. I do hope as I get fitter they'll not hurt so much.
[Post edited 31 May 2014 12:33]

409.74 KM, I think that's around 250 miles in old money. Done in 3 and a bit days.

Soreness does tend to go quite quickly from my experience, the body can adapt pretty quickly to the demands we put on it. Unless you treat it like a tw*t, like I did...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

One for the cyclists here... on 18:48 - May 31 with 2339 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:04 - May 31 by Neath_Jack

What's the best site to get some padded shorts from?

There's a pair of swans with their newborn up by Zoars, loads of people around there taking photo's of them.

Diolch.

I usually go online the first pair were muddy fox from sports direct they were baggy with a padded inner suited me fine but went a bit too big after a while I usually look for bargains now on Planet X, Chain Reaction, Wiggle or Start Cycles. You can get decent stuff on eBay or Amazon as well there is a make called Tenn which is good quality but reasonable priced. Always check the size guide as they are all different. Large in one make will 4xl in another if it says race fit or italian it will be v small.

It is recommended you go commando with cycling shorts or use a liner as the seams in underwear will rub you raw and the majority of pants stay wet when you sweat making you even more tender in that area.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:54 - Jun 3 with 2238 views1jack

Just done my first ride in years, out for about an hour and I now know how a keeerdiff fan feels, I feel like Tan, hamman and all their cronies have done me in one sitting.
One for the cyclists here... on 23:03 - Jun 3 with 2231 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:54 - Jun 3 by 1jack

Just done my first ride in years, out for about an hour and I now know how a keeerdiff fan feels, I feel like Tan, hamman and all their cronies have done me in one sitting.

Well done 1jack, get out again soon and build up to 3 or 4 rides a week, the better weather as got to arrive soon so no excuses, Im getting out tomoz after work, ain't been out since last Thursday, been away for a few days ate and drank well, so need to get back on the programme.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 23:13]

One for the cyclists here... on 23:20 - Jun 3 with 2224 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 23:03 - Jun 3 by max936

Well done 1jack, get out again soon and build up to 3 or 4 rides a week, the better weather as got to arrive soon so no excuses, Im getting out tomoz after work, ain't been out since last Thursday, been away for a few days ate and drank well, so need to get back on the programme.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 23:13]

Cheers max, think I have to adjust the saddle height next time.
One for the cyclists here... on 10:17 - Jun 4 with 2193 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 23:20 - Jun 3 by 1jack

Cheers max, think I have to adjust the saddle height next time.

Set it that when the pedal is at the bottom of the stroke with the ball of your foot on the pedal, your leg is just slightly bent and just make small adjustments till it feels right, it won't stop a sore arse though, bike fitness will help that, but a decent pair of padded shorts is best, l suffer myself, its not nice

One for the cyclists here... on 10:51 - Jun 8 with 2122 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/mind-map-cycle-route-help/story-21198593

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One for the cyclists here... on 12:36 - Jun 8 with 2111 viewsNeath_Jack

Just done a swift 5 miles, mostly into a head wind. Knackered now, ringpiece not as bad as it was last week though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024