Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is Bony's market value. 21:40 - Apr 28 with 13784 viewsJokeren1943

This summer several clubs will try to buy Bony. The Swansea board will do what they can to keep him.

Swansea got him for 12 million. What do you think his market value is now after his first season in Premier League?

Beside what he is worth - what do you think his price should be, to let him go?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 22:32]
What is Bony's market value. on 10:27 - Apr 30 with 1628 viewsBackHeel

At least 30 million, maybe more, he's so calm under pressure. He could answer all Chelsea's problems....you know what I'm talking myself round, 50 million

(previous target Gomis available for a free this summer http://passingpashion.wordpress.com/2014/04/30/players-we-should-get-part-iii/ )
What is Bony's market value. on 10:56 - Apr 30 with 1608 viewsCatullus

What is Bony's market value. on 20:46 - Apr 29 by ItchySphincter

That doesn't make sense. I said 30M because I don't want him sold yet you think he's worth 20M but don't think we'd accept it. That means he's worth more, surely? At the end of the day, he's worth what we'd accept.

No, he's worth what others will pay for him. What we'd accept is a different thing. If no one meets our valuation, then he's not worth it to them.

And on the post about small club mentality, while we are definitely a bigger club than a few years ago, we are still not a big club.
Big clubs have big stadia, have huge income (besides Sky money) and have a lot more fans than they can fit in their grounds (for the most part) I read somewhere recently, that Tottenham have 140,000 on a season ticket waiting list. I don't know how true that is but we are nowhere near that size. If we expanded to 32000 we all know it won't be full every home game, not for some time. And only then if we stay in the Premier for that time and have some successes.
I'll stand by my valuation though, I say he's worth at least 25 million and maybe we'll get more if there's a bidding war. It could go to 30 plus, but I doubt it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What is Bony's market value. on 11:03 - Apr 30 with 1606 viewsItchySphincter

What is Bony's market value. on 10:56 - Apr 30 by Catullus

No, he's worth what others will pay for him. What we'd accept is a different thing. If no one meets our valuation, then he's not worth it to them.

And on the post about small club mentality, while we are definitely a bigger club than a few years ago, we are still not a big club.
Big clubs have big stadia, have huge income (besides Sky money) and have a lot more fans than they can fit in their grounds (for the most part) I read somewhere recently, that Tottenham have 140,000 on a season ticket waiting list. I don't know how true that is but we are nowhere near that size. If we expanded to 32000 we all know it won't be full every home game, not for some time. And only then if we stay in the Premier for that time and have some successes.
I'll stand by my valuation though, I say he's worth at least 25 million and maybe we'll get more if there's a bidding war. It could go to 30 plus, but I doubt it.

No, whatever we sell him for, that's what he's worth.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What is Bony's market value. on 11:06 - Apr 30 with 1601 viewsDrizzy

What is Bony's market value. on 11:03 - Apr 30 by ItchySphincter

No, whatever we sell him for, that's what he's worth.

Joe Allen is worth £15m then? Give me a break.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

What is Bony's market value. on 11:11 - Apr 30 with 1596 viewsperchrockjack

He s 245 shoots both feet, heads John Charles like and has great team ethic. £30m to start. HE S GOONA BE A MASSIVE NAME IN THE GAME

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What is Bony's market value. on 11:11 - Apr 30 with 1591 viewsJackoBoostardo

What is Bony's market value. on 11:06 - Apr 30 by Drizzy

Not to you - no.

But to Liverpool he was.

They can afford it see.

Understand yet?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

What is Bony's market value. on 11:14 - Apr 30 with 1587 viewsItchySphincter

Supply and demand. The market sets the value, not your personal opinion.

It's not that hard a concept to grasp now is it?

What is Bony's market value. on 11:18 - Apr 30 with 1578 viewsDrizzy

What is Bony's market value. on 11:11 - Apr 30 by JackoBoostardo

Not to you - no.

But to Liverpool he was.

They can afford it see.

Understand yet?

He's not worth £15m. It was a gross overpayment and 99% of football fans knew that.

As you were.

Login to get fewer ads

What is Bony's market value. on 11:19 - Apr 30 with 1573 viewsDrizzy

What is Bony's market value. on 11:14 - Apr 30 by ItchySphincter

Supply and demand. The market sets the value, not your personal opinion.

It's not that hard a concept to grasp now is it?

Spare me the economics lesson, Sunsh. This is football not the f*cking stock market. Joe Allen is not worth £15m. Wilfried Bony is not worth £30m. The end.

What is Bony's market value. on 11:21 - Apr 30 with 1569 viewsItchySphincter

Just because you think your boys got tucked up over Allen Newp, no need to deny the facts.

What is Bony's market value. on 11:26 - Apr 30 with 1564 viewsJackoBoostardo

What is Bony's market value. on 11:18 - Apr 30 by Drizzy

He's not worth £15m. It was a gross overpayment and 99% of football fans knew that.

As you were.

Again, to YOU newps it may have been an overpayment. Yet liverpool were happy with the price. Therefore Allen was worth £15 million.

The value of the player isn't just based on form and the amount the player was originally purchased for. It's dependent on how much people are willing to pay, and how much the current club are prepared to release him for. It needs to be mutually beneficial (but clearly our concern is that the club make the better part of the deal).

In terms of Wilfried Bony, he's unique to the Premier League. He's physical and very strong and yet is a striker He can single handedly hold back three defenders before turning to take a snap at goal - as we've seen. This is surely desirable to many other teams who must pay an amount that we will be prepared to release him on. Naturally, the more offered the better the chances of the bidding club signing the player, and the better our club is financially.

So in terms of undervaluing a player - it doesn't make sense. I've already described Arsenal's aquisition cost £43mill + yet hasn't had anywhere near as much success as our Bony - yet Arsenal were willing to buy him. As you mention, Joe Allen has not had the levels of success of Bony, yet Liverpool purchased him off us for £15mill.

Whether you agree with the valuations or not, the fact remains there are many rich clubs in the Premier League and worldwide who will bite out hands off to sign Wilfried Bony - now an established Premier League player with a proven record of scoring in the Premier League and in Europe. These clubs however need to make it worth our while before we will release him whilst under contract.

The concept isn't difficult - I just don't understand why you can't see this. You seem to be confusing worth and value together.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 11:30]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

What is Bony's market value. on 11:31 - Apr 30 with 1559 viewsJackSomething

Surely this is similar to an oft-repeated adage about the housing market?

A house is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Obviously a football player is more complicated in that, unlike a house, a player has an input into his future, but the basic principle still applies.

Joe was worth £15m because Liverpool were willing to pay it and it was the minimum that the club were willing to sell him for. I highly doubt the figure attached to Bony by the club is less than double what we paid for him. Whether another club is willing to pay that is doubtful, but that's not our problem.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

What is Bony's market value. on 11:35 - Apr 30 with 1551 viewsDrizzy

What is Bony's market value. on 11:26 - Apr 30 by JackoBoostardo

Again, to YOU newps it may have been an overpayment. Yet liverpool were happy with the price. Therefore Allen was worth £15 million.

The value of the player isn't just based on form and the amount the player was originally purchased for. It's dependent on how much people are willing to pay, and how much the current club are prepared to release him for. It needs to be mutually beneficial (but clearly our concern is that the club make the better part of the deal).

In terms of Wilfried Bony, he's unique to the Premier League. He's physical and very strong and yet is a striker He can single handedly hold back three defenders before turning to take a snap at goal - as we've seen. This is surely desirable to many other teams who must pay an amount that we will be prepared to release him on. Naturally, the more offered the better the chances of the bidding club signing the player, and the better our club is financially.

So in terms of undervaluing a player - it doesn't make sense. I've already described Arsenal's aquisition cost £43mill + yet hasn't had anywhere near as much success as our Bony - yet Arsenal were willing to buy him. As you mention, Joe Allen has not had the levels of success of Bony, yet Liverpool purchased him off us for £15mill.

Whether you agree with the valuations or not, the fact remains there are many rich clubs in the Premier League and worldwide who will bite out hands off to sign Wilfried Bony - now an established Premier League player with a proven record of scoring in the Premier League and in Europe. These clubs however need to make it worth our while before we will release him whilst under contract.

The concept isn't difficult - I just don't understand why you can't see this. You seem to be confusing worth and value together.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 11:30]

For the last time, this is NOT a discussion about how much we'd sell him for this is a just a thread to estimate his value. IN MY OPINION, he is not worth more than £25m. Just because another club may come in and have a £30m bid accepted won't change that.

What is Bony's market value. on 11:38 - Apr 30 with 1538 viewsDrizzy

What is Bony's market value. on 11:31 - Apr 30 by JackSomething

Surely this is similar to an oft-repeated adage about the housing market?

A house is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Obviously a football player is more complicated in that, unlike a house, a player has an input into his future, but the basic principle still applies.

Joe was worth £15m because Liverpool were willing to pay it and it was the minimum that the club were willing to sell him for. I highly doubt the figure attached to Bony by the club is less than double what we paid for him. Whether another club is willing to pay that is doubtful, but that's not our problem.

With regards to the housing market that's why there's two types of valuations.

1) An estate agent who'll price the house at an amount that he thinks it will sell for which tends to be higher.

2) A surveyor who'll offer an objective valuation of the house based on its features.

What is Bony's market value. on 11:42 - Apr 30 with 1526 viewsCatullus

What is Bony's market value. on 11:35 - Apr 30 by Drizzy

For the last time, this is NOT a discussion about how much we'd sell him for this is a just a thread to estimate his value. IN MY OPINION, he is not worth more than £25m. Just because another club may come in and have a £30m bid accepted won't change that.

So lets agree then, that his worth is entirely relative to the purchaser. Drizzy wouldn't pay more than 25 million, but if someone else would then Drizzy would lose out, theoretically obviously as Drizzy doesn't have £25 million!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What is Bony's market value. on 12:01 - Apr 30 with 1514 viewsDrizzy

What is Bony's market value. on 11:42 - Apr 30 by Catullus

So lets agree then, that his worth is entirely relative to the purchaser. Drizzy wouldn't pay more than 25 million, but if someone else would then Drizzy would lose out, theoretically obviously as Drizzy doesn't have £25 million!

I wouldn't pay more because he's not worth more. Simples.

What is Bony's market value. on 12:33 - Apr 30 with 1494 viewsJackoBoostardo

What is Bony's market value. on 11:35 - Apr 30 by Drizzy

FFS I give up. What a nutjob!

The question is, what is Bony's MARKET value.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 13:22]

What is Bony's market value. on 14:29 - Apr 30 with 1445 viewsperchrockjack

min £25m IMO.great innit.
He is a good investment for the future

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What is Bony's market value. on 16:32 - Apr 30 with 1405 viewsItchySphincter

What is Bony's market value. on 12:33 - Apr 30 by JackoBoostardo

What is Bony's market value. on 16:38 - Apr 30 with 1400 viewsDrizzy

What is Bony's market value. on 12:33 - Apr 30 by JackoBoostardo

Market value = £20-£25m.

Been a pleasure, JackBoostardo!

What is Bony's market value. on 16:51 - Apr 30 with 1395 viewsC_jack

I wonder if Liverpool will think that Joe Allen was worth £15m if they win the title this season.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

What is Bony's market value. on 18:43 - Apr 30 with 1381 viewsDrizzy

What is Bony's market value. on 16:51 - Apr 30 by C_jack

I wonder if Liverpool will think that Joe Allen was worth £15m if they win the title this season.

I don't think they'll give a f*ck to be honest. They'd pay £30m for him if it meant a title win the year after.

What is Bony's market value. on 18:47 - Apr 30 with 1377 viewsJackfath

£40M

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

What is Bony's market value. on 18:51 - Apr 30 with 1371 viewsScoobyWho

What is Bony's market value. on 18:47 - Apr 30 by Jackfath

£40M

£41M

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

What is Bony's market value. on 19:06 - Apr 30 with 1360 viewsdgt73

What is Bony's market value. on 18:47 - Apr 30 by Jackfath

£40M

Fuk, is this the mentality of a teacher, Mathew.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024