Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Manager/Coach 09:01 - May 4 with 2027 viewsSkewenMitch

When Kenny Jackett was asked to leave the club Huw Jenkins went to Chester City and brought in a young man to take over. We took a hell of a chance........

Martinez left we brought in a man who had played at the top level won champions league but had never worked in the premier league. We took a hell of a Chance

Sousa moved on Huw Jenkins brought in a young man who had been sacked by Reading. We took one hell of a chance.

Brendan moved on to Liverpool. We brought in a man who had played at the very top level won medals and admiration from all but had never worked in the premier league, We took a hell of a chance.

When laudrup was asked to leave Huw Jenkins brought in a young man from Swansea City. We are taking a hell of a chance.

Hold on to your hats give Garry Monk full support he could be another gem!
The Manager/Coach on 09:06 - May 4 with 2001 viewsShaky

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias

"Hindsight bias, also known as the knew-it-all-along effect or creeping determinism, is the inclination, after an event has occurred, to see the event as having been predictable, despite there having been little or no objective basis for predicting it, prior to its occurrence.

. . . A basic example of the hindsight bias is when, after viewing the outcome of a potentially unforeseeable event, a person believes he or she "knew it all along". "

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Manager/Coach on 09:13 - May 4 with 1958 viewsScoobyWho

SkewenMitch if you genuinely believe all this is down to HJ your deluded.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Manager/Coach on 09:14 - May 4 with 1944 viewsSkewenMitch

Not Hindsight. Just a look back on the club's history. Swansea City tend to do things differently to the majority of other teams. We do not have a sugar daddy we have a board of supporters who have run the club very well.

Trust their judgement
The Manager/Coach on 09:16 - May 4 with 1937 viewsQuakerJack

The Manager/Coach on 09:06 - May 4 by Shaky

"Hindsight bias, also known as the knew-it-all-along effect or creeping determinism, is the inclination, after an event has occurred, to see the event as having been predictable, despite there having been little or no objective basis for predicting it, prior to its occurrence.

. . . A basic example of the hindsight bias is when, after viewing the outcome of a potentially unforeseeable event, a person believes he or she "knew it all along". "

Absolutely, many of our fans seem to think the board are some sort of genius visionaries.... they've taken big risks and they've paid off, but nevertheless, these are risks where the outcome could easily have gone the other way. Usually with risk taking, you eventually come unstuck, just ask a city banker, it's the laws of probability... let's this time play it safe and at least follow a robust recruitment process.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Manager/Coach on 09:17 - May 4 with 1930 viewsDr_Winston

Martinez apart, every single one of those had considerably more experience of managing or coaching than Monk. At least a decade's worth more experience in the case of Rodgers and Laudrup.

We have taken a massive gamble. A gamble we did not need to take. I hope for the clubs sake it's one that pays off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Manager/Coach on 09:18 - May 4 with 1921 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Manager/Coach on 09:06 - May 4 by Shaky

We get a lot of that on here.

Poll: Tory leader

The Manager/Coach on 09:23 - May 4 with 1886 viewsC_jack

If hiring any of those managers was taking 'a hell of a chance..', then hiring GM is akin to me buying a ferrari this weekend because I'm confident I'm going to win the lottery.

Totally different levels of risk, they're not comparable.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Manager/Coach on 09:28 - May 4 with 1862 viewsQuakerJack

The Manager/Coach on 09:23 - May 4 by C_jack

If hiring any of those managers was taking 'a hell of a chance..', then hiring GM is akin to me buying a ferrari this weekend because I'm confident I'm going to win the lottery.

You can only really compare it to the martinez appointment. Both Rodgers and Sousa had experience, profile and connections, as Laudrup did.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

The Manager/Coach on 09:47 - May 4 with 1790 viewsC_jack

The Manager/Coach on 09:28 - May 4 by QuakerJack

You can only really compare it to the martinez appointment. Both Rodgers and Sousa had experience, profile and connections, as Laudrup did.

I agree there are parallels, especially as Martinez had 10 or so games to somewhat prove himself at the end of the season, but I believe RM is truly a one off and was lucky to get that chance even in the third tier.

Make no mistake though, he was miles away from the manager he is now. He got away with it with some shrewd signings and tactics at a significantly softer level of football, and the next season his inexperience was found out convincingly, and that was only in the Championship. He was incredibly fortunate to even get the job at Wigan, and they struggled significantly, due to his inexperience at that level.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Manager/Coach on 09:52 - May 4 with 1770 viewsWarwickHunt

The Manager/Coach on 09:23 - May 4 by C_jack

Don't give the keys to someone who hasn't passed their driving test...
The Manager/Coach on 10:27 - May 4 with 1694 viewscontroversial_jack

The Manager/Coach on 09:52 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

Don't give the keys to someone who hasn't passed their driving test...

A young inexperienced manager thrown in at the deep end in the premiership. It's very unusual
The Manager/Coach on 10:30 - May 4 with 1687 viewsShaky

The Manager/Coach on 09:17 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

Martinez apart, every single one of those had considerably more experience of managing or coaching than Monk. At least a decade's worth more experience in the case of Rodgers and Laudrup.

We have taken a massive gamble. A gamble we did not need to take. I hope for the clubs sake it's one that pays off.

I think this is a key point.

Yes, the appointment of Monk is a big gamble. But what is the realistic pay off or upside if everything turns out well?

Top 10 finish sure, but objectively top 6 is unlikely.

On the other hand what is the downside? In the first instance relegation followed by God knows what.

The bottom line is that the risk/reward profile of this particular gamble is insanely skewed in the wrong direction.

As I have said before it is sheer madness.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024