Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to 20:06 - May 14 with 7714 viewslibertine

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to,

how far up the valleys and how far down this way or up to newport

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 16:26 - May 15 with 2126 viewstreboethjack

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 14:24 - May 15 by Glyn1

[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 14:36]

Whilst I was attending college in Carmarthen along with Dwight, I would often see swans shirts in and around Carmarthen, Burry Port and Kidwelly. Mostly younger people but also a few older. I can honestly say I only once saw a Cardiff top.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 17:28 - May 15 with 2094 viewsPacemaker

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 15:39 - May 15 by Banosswan

Perception is a strange thing, I live in pt and would say it's the other way round.

Totally agree with you almost every kid you see from Margam to Baglan is wearing either Swans gear or the big 4 (should that be seven now).

When I came over to Baglan in the 1980's there was a fair number of Cardiff fans in PT but it is def a minority now, i do think most fans are fickle and would jump ship the other way if Cardiff were in the PL and we were'nt tho.

As a Treherbert boy I would say Cardiff has more support in the Valleys then anywhere else and has probably as much support out of the city as in it. But there are quite a few long time Swans fans in the Rhondda, Aberdare, Merthyr, Porthcawl and Bridgend.

As you enter Treherbert off the Rhigos road you will see a large number of Swansea flags flying in a smallholding there above a stable, i have never seen them damaged other than by the weather.

The reality is that both sides have prob got less than 10k hard core fans each who would be there if we were both back in League 2 (Div 4 old money) especially if we both had the old stadiums.

The new stadiums have resulted in a safer better quality experience for the majority of fans and thats what we both have to be thanful for.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 13:42 - Aug 15 with 1487 viewsSwanseaman

There is a poll of twitter 'Who’s a bigger club?' Swansea or Cardiff.

Near 5.000 votes, Cardiff are just ahead. It was equal not long ago - looking like they may win it with only 45 minutes left.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 14:08 - Aug 15 with 1443 viewsVincent_Vega

I'd like to think there's no boundaries or territories, if we're honest the most well supported clubs in this part of the world are prem clubs and Leeds.

Think about it territories are pointless, just because we got a fanbase in the USA does that mean the USA is Black and White? Brazil have a Swans twitter are they Black and White? Of course it doesn't.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 14:22 - Aug 15 with 1426 viewsThrasher6

Always thought that the fact that Port Talbot had Cardiff Shitty fans was due to the connection with East Moors Steelworks and the subsequent re-location of the Clark's pie munching in-breds to places like Sandfields etc..when it closed in 1978
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 14:26]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 14:26 - Aug 15 with 1423 viewsZaxx

Malaysia
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 14:29 - Aug 15 with 1418 viewsGlyn1

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 14:24 - May 15 by Glyn1

[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 14:36]

[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 14:40 - Aug 15 with 1398 viewspencoedjack

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 11:01 - May 15 by Al_Bundy

Valleys to Caerphilly and Aberdare.

East to Newport

West to Bridgend , Port Talbot is still a mix and there are old heads in Neath.

Port talbot was mainly blue in the seventies up to around 1981 where the balance has swung. Not sure what Port Talbot is today !? hasn't changed much in 30 years as a town so wonder if the fans mentality has.

Obviously missing Pencoed going west 👍
Login to get fewer ads

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 15:03 - Aug 15 with 1356 viewssherpajacob

wont find any in Nantes, that's for sure.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 16:17 - Aug 15 with 1275 viewsNotLoyal

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 20:35 - May 14 by libertine

i knew i shouldn't have asked this question, i don't care but i need to know

They are a small club punching above their weight, dont worry about them, all you need to know is their fanbase extends as far as the inner reaches of their arses.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 16:21]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 16:59 - Aug 15 with 1229 viewsraynor94

Ask a silly question, you get a silly answer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 17:07 - Aug 15 with 1218 viewsGowerjack

What are you?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 17:30 - Aug 15 with 1197 viewsswan65split

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 15:18 - May 15 by oldcob

I live in Port Talbot and I would say its still 70% blue/red. I was born and brought up in Neath so I've always been white, and always will be.

70% blue!!!!! only last year maybe, not seen many about for the last few years, though I know a few ,and an old Bathplug in Neath.....both mates
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 17:36 - Aug 15 with 1185 viewsProfessor

Rhondda, Merthyr, Caerphilly are predominantly Cardiff. Obviously Barry and the Vale are Cardiff. Bridgend in the majority. I would say other than the city these are their strong fanbase. In the 80s early 90s Valley Boys were the more loyal supporters.

That is not to say there are not Swansea fans there, or Bluebirds in Neath for example.

Trust me growing up in Rhondda as a Swansea fan in the 80s and early 90s could be challenging.
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 17:40 - Aug 15 with 1176 viewsbuilthjack

Builth is white

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 17:52 - Aug 15 with 1163 viewsFireboy2

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 17:40 - Aug 15 by builthjack

Builth is white

Chorley is also white Ken
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 18:24 - Aug 15 with 1125 viewsThornburyswan

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 20:08 - May 14 by Jackfath

I dont care.

Is the correct answer.
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 18:40 - Aug 15 with 1107 viewsNotLoyal

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 17:36 - Aug 15 by Professor

Rhondda, Merthyr, Caerphilly are predominantly Cardiff. Obviously Barry and the Vale are Cardiff. Bridgend in the majority. I would say other than the city these are their strong fanbase. In the 80s early 90s Valley Boys were the more loyal supporters.

That is not to say there are not Swansea fans there, or Bluebirds in Neath for example.

Trust me growing up in Rhondda as a Swansea fan in the 80s and early 90s could be challenging.

Have you been to Bridgend lately ? And Barry. The younger element are anything but blue.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 18:53 - Aug 15 with 1092 viewsthornabyswan

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 14:26 - Aug 15 by Zaxx

Malaysia

Swansea bay

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 18:54 - Aug 15 with 1091 viewsEarl_Strickland

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 09:55 - May 15 by Aquinas

I'd say as far north as Merthyr. Once you get to Brecon/Builth/Newtown etc it would be more Swansea with the odd Hereford fan. But most would still support Liverpool, United etc as their first teams.

Whenever I go to Abergavenny, Ebbw Vale, Crickhowell there always seems to be more Cardiff shirts than Swansea. This might change soon with the rise of Newport County.

There are quite a few Jacks in Abergavenny let me tell you 😉
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 18:55 - Aug 15 with 1088 viewsswan65split

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 14:22 - Aug 15 by Thrasher6

Always thought that the fact that Port Talbot had Cardiff Shitty fans was due to the connection with East Moors Steelworks and the subsequent re-location of the Clark's pie munching in-breds to places like Sandfields etc..when it closed in 1978
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 14:26]

During the 60s 1 bus ran from PT to Scumdiff, and another from Baglan. .....no buses run now, I also see some peeps wearing the top who have never seen them play, then again its the same for Man U and dirty Lids tops around the place.
I have a neighbour who says he is big Lids fan, but half the time he has no idea who they are playing.
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 22:09 - Aug 15 with 968 viewsSwans9

Most Cardiff tops that I have seen is at Barry island including a beach Cardiff towel. I only saw 1 Barry town top.
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 22:10 - Aug 15 with 968 viewsmajorraglan

It’s difficult to predict areas and I think there I’ll be small number of the other clubs fans wherever you go. I was in Morrisons Carmarthen earlier today and saw a guy doing his shopping wearing a Cardiff City polo shirt, I also saw about 4 or 5 Cardiff fans boarding a Cardiff bund train in Turkville a couple of months ago.
where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 22:26 - Aug 15 with 957 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think it's quite telling that there wasn't a large swing back to them in terms of support when they were PL and we'd been relegated.
Almost like they knew it was only temporary and we'd be back above them before long. Not even the media crowed. And as for a while it looked that we would struggle this season because of a quite start to the transfer window and they would walk the league and go straight back up it seems to be a bit subdued over there again now we've made some good signings .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 08:20 - Aug 16 with 825 viewsstevethejack

where would you say cardiff fanbase extends to on 13:42 - Aug 15 by Swanseaman

There is a poll of twitter 'Who’s a bigger club?' Swansea or Cardiff.

Near 5.000 votes, Cardiff are just ahead. It was equal not long ago - looking like they may win it with only 45 minutes left.

That's a poll on tiddlywinks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024