Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Swansea Night Clubs 07:13 - May 15 with 161113 viewsLord_Bony

Hey Anyone have any memories of the plethora of clubs on offer in the 70s80s90s? The good the bad and the ugly.

My personal fave was Barons...had some brilliant times there...REALLY miss that place

Here's some from about 20 years ago

http://www.moremusic.co.uk/swansea/swanclub.htm

[Post edited 15 May 2014 7:19]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 20:56 - Oct 12 with 6135 viewsGowerjack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 07:43 - Oct 12 by epaul

Many a time I walked to the Coracle offie part with my gran back in the 70's she had her empty sherry bottle, filled up and a flagon of cider for my grampa

Where did you live Paul?

I was born on Heol Frank,lived for a while on Penderry Rd and went to Afryn School.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 21:30 - Oct 12 with 6114 viewswaynekerr55

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 20:56 - Oct 12 by Gowerjack

Where did you live Paul?

I was born on Heol Frank,lived for a while on Penderry Rd and went to Afryn School.

Wasn't there a nice Chippy on Penderry?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:00 - Oct 12 with 6102 viewsepaul

Where did you live Paul?

Grew up Lynsdale road down the incline just after Hollet road, my grandparents lived on penderry no 176

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:08 - Oct 12 with 6097 viewsbuilthjack

Bring back Strikeout, decent nosh and a good old boogey after.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 6:38]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:31 - Oct 12 with 6077 viewsJackUlation

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 10:41 - May 15 by Nogginthenog

I recollect a night down the Langland Bay when I won a bottle of Cinzano in a raffle and promptly drank the lot. Never been so ill in all my life. The things we do as youngsters eh.

I recall another night in the Valbonne when there was a Pernod promotion and to win you had to eat a whole raw onion. A great friend of mine now sadly passed, ate the onion in about 5 mins and won us free Pernod for the night, another one I can't forget!

As for pubs I had some great nights in the Buccaneer, the Park and one of my favs was the Student's Union Bar in Union St opposite the Halifax. The Trembling Knees were regulars there.

Swansea was great in those heady days.

The Langland one was Amandas, and not forgetting Harrys Bar in Portland street.
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:32 - Oct 12 with 6075 viewsGowerjack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:00 - Oct 12 by epaul

Grew up Lynsdale road down the incline just after Hollet road, my grandparents lived on penderry no 176

Feck me thats practically Brynhyfred man!

I delivered newspapers out of Bryns for a while still,park the car nearby when going to the Liberty.

Plastic since 1974

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:35 - Oct 12 with 6069 viewsGowerjack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 21:30 - Oct 12 by waynekerr55

Wasn't there a nice Chippy on Penderry?

At the top.

As I remember it there were sweets and pop etc for sale on one side and a chippie the other.

Ran by a guy called Ken Bolton.

Plastic since 1974

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:38 - Oct 12 with 6065 viewsepaul

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:32 - Oct 12 by Gowerjack

Feck me thats practically Brynhyfred man!

I delivered newspapers out of Bryns for a while still,park the car nearby when going to the Liberty.

Correct, Brynhyfryd, i too delivered papers for bryn, my evening post round was around the square and Penfillia Road 76 of the b*ggers, pound a week, then taken over by fat man (Tudor)

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:44 - Oct 12 with 6057 viewsJackUlation

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:54 - May 16 by Swanjack10

Doras bouncers pmsl , I knocked foley out aged 17, the only hard one was kevin roper who is also a very nice man and my business associate now.

Did roper once live on Gwylfa road townhill ?
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:48 - Oct 12 with 6056 viewsJackUlation

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 12:44 - Oct 11 by snork44

Sure was. I'd go for either a Madras, Vindaloo or even a Tindaloo (when you are young and pissed, you'd eat anything out of bravado) and my mate would always stick to the same a chicken curry, the wimp ! I then saw sense and my favorite curry ended up being a bhuna, but living out here in the States there are hardly any Indian restaurents and then ones that are here the Indians don't know how to cook a decent curry.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2016 12:49]

One of the first and one of the best was The Bombay.
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:51 - Oct 12 with 6055 viewsJackUlation

Where did you live Paul?

you must have known John and Terry Dark ?
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:05 - Oct 12 with 6044 viewsmorningstar

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:44 - Oct 12 by JackUlation

Did roper once live on Gwylfa road townhill ?

I don't think so. Kev grew up in Hanover Street. He was a year younger than me, and we went to the same schools. We weren't best mates but always respected each other. Never picked a fight with anyone even as a kid, but cross him at your peril. One of the most genuine hard men i've ever met, and trust me, the guy has done so well for himself considering his family background. Hat's off to him.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:34 - Oct 12 with 6019 viewsJackUlation

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:05 - Oct 12 by morningstar

I don't think so. Kev grew up in Hanover Street. He was a year younger than me, and we went to the same schools. We weren't best mates but always respected each other. Never picked a fight with anyone even as a kid, but cross him at your peril. One of the most genuine hard men i've ever met, and trust me, the guy has done so well for himself considering his family background. Hat's off to him.

Cheers mate ..
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:47 - Aug 2 with 4656 viewsjack2jack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:22 - May 10 by the_oracle

Seems like, having read the thread, I was the only one here who went to Sloanes.

Met the wife there. First thing she said to me was "get lost knob head". 23 years later and its still a term of endearment!

This might bring back some memories for some.
Another cracker from Tony Spielberg
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:04 - Aug 3 with 4487 views1983

Recognise a few old Swansea slappers in that video

Done a hobble putting in suspended ceilings in the Waterside and the kitchens were the worst I have ever seen fcuking puke

Its a pity because the Waterside pub/club had so much potential but never really did take off, maybe because it was so far away from the Kingsway, seen one of the best pub fights in there between Townhill & St Thomas boys in the early 1990's it just went on and on with no police in sight

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:26 - Aug 3 with 4402 viewsjack2jack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:04 - Aug 3 by 1983

Recognise a few old Swansea slappers in that video

Done a hobble putting in suspended ceilings in the Waterside and the kitchens were the worst I have ever seen fcuking puke

Its a pity because the Waterside pub/club had so much potential but never really did take off, maybe because it was so far away from the Kingsway, seen one of the best pub fights in there between Townhill & St Thomas boys in the early 1990's it just went on and on with no police in sight

Your right enough it was away from the main hub that was The Kingsway, only went there once, but there are at least half a dozen faces I recognize.
Seems like a life time ago, good times though.👍
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:51 - Aug 3 with 4381 views1983

You're right mate like you said great memories on the lash in Swansea in the late 80's early 90's

Caswell Beach on the pull
Martha's, Central Park and Ritzys
Waking up in random places with random birds
Friday night Vetch Field games
Nasty cheap drugs
Away games in the back of a transit van

Can't believe some of the things we did and got away with (and didn't) some funny, some stupid, some dangerous....
Now I'd rather take the dog for a walk and have few beers in a country pub

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:58 - Aug 3 with 4371 viewsCooperman

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:51 - Aug 3 by 1983

You're right mate like you said great memories on the lash in Swansea in the late 80's early 90's

Caswell Beach on the pull
Martha's, Central Park and Ritzys
Waking up in random places with random birds
Friday night Vetch Field games
Nasty cheap drugs
Away games in the back of a transit van

Can't believe some of the things we did and got away with (and didn't) some funny, some stupid, some dangerous....
Now I'd rather take the dog for a walk and have few beers in a country pub

You forgot to mention cans of Special Vat for a quid.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 19:07 - Aug 3 with 4361 views1983

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:58 - Aug 3 by Cooperman

You forgot to mention cans of Special Vat for a quid.

Oh yes sorry forgot the VAT and warm cans of breaker while sitting on a white garden chair in Dora's

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 19:31 - Aug 3 with 4336 viewsdickythorpe

Skipping through that video, on the 40 min mark there's a woman hugging a bloke on the dancefloor. It's Simon Thomas of the evening post. He always wrote up all whites reports at St Helens.
Great times! You can tell which birds Spielberg liked! Lol
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 19:37 - Aug 3 with 4330 viewsJack123

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:34 - Oct 12 by JackUlation

Cheers mate ..

Talking of Roper, you just reminded me when he was working harpers/liberty on the door, a buddy and I walked in, pissed as farts, tried to negotiate a price with kevin and his colleague, but the price wasn't acceptable at the time to us, so we run past them and up the stairs!! Within about 15 mins, saw roper on the prowl!, he caught my mate, and punched him straight in the stomach, hell of a punch!! said to me , " Come on", (didn't lay a finger on me) lol, cause I knows him like :).. Nice bloke, I would never cross him though.

libera nos a malo

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 00:31 - Aug 4 with 4230 viewsthe_oracle

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:47 - Aug 2 by jack2jack

I still see Kneath, the manager occasionally. There's an old girlfriend walking up stairs at about 27.30. She still looks good, hasn't changed a bit!
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 01:03 - Aug 4 with 4217 viewsJack123

This was me back in the days..

libera nos a malo

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 08:11 - Aug 4 with 4174 viewsbonymine

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:47 - Aug 2 by jack2jack

Christ .....just seen myself on there so slim and with hair !!!

Great times

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 21:53 - Aug 4 with 4057 viewsjack2jack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 08:11 - Aug 4 by bonymine

Christ .....just seen myself on there so slim and with hair !!!

Great times

Are you one of those I recognise I wonder?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024