Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Swansea Night Clubs 07:13 - May 15 with 161111 viewsLord_Bony

Hey Anyone have any memories of the plethora of clubs on offer in the 70s80s90s? The good the bad and the ugly.

My personal fave was Barons...had some brilliant times there...REALLY miss that place

Here's some from about 20 years ago

http://www.moremusic.co.uk/swansea/swanclub.htm

[Post edited 15 May 2014 7:19]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 14:22 - May 16 with 18709 viewswaynekerr55

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 14:04 - May 16 by Starsky

I can beat that. I used to drink in the 3 sisters pub in Cwmdu

Is the 6 tits still going?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 16:11 - May 16 with 18668 viewslibertine

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:54 - May 16 by Swanjack10

Doras bouncers pmsl , I knocked foley out aged 17, the only hard one was kevin roper who is also a very nice man and my business associate now.

whats happened to his brother Tosh?
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 16:19 - May 16 with 18661 viewstf_jack

Peter did have the Bay.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 22:43 - Jul 15 with 18449 viewsJackUlation

Jimmy Wilde,s , room at the top, Embassy, bryn hall, Griffin bar, Harrys bar, good days
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:19 - Jul 15 with 18429 viewsjackpot

Further back into the 60's was St Benedicts Church where Amen Corner, Eyes of Blue and Lot 13 used to play regularly.
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 20:39 - Aug 28 with 18128 viewsJackUlation

Jimmy Wildes and Maxies room at the top were the in places, pint and punchup any day of the week any time.

crossdressers night in Neath workingmans club and swanseas railway club was a mission to make.
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 16:41 - Aug 29 with 18030 viewsLord_Bony

Another one bites the dust

The building, originally constructed by the Rank Organisation in 1967 for a cinema, has been homes to a number of bars and nightclubs over the years, including Top Rank,Ritzy and Icon, Time and Envy, and Oceana.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:32 - Oct 11 with 16989 viewsceri83

Hi I came across this forum on a google search. I'm looking for a little help I'm looking for information on the caswell bay hotel former employees owner or anyone that used to drink in the between the years 1982/1983. Any information anyone could give me would be a great help I'm searching for someone and I need all the help I can get.
My email is cerie1983@hotmail.com
Thank you
Login to get fewer ads

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 12:04 - Oct 11 with 16954 viewsmax936

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:32 - Oct 11 by ceri83

Hi I came across this forum on a google search. I'm looking for a little help I'm looking for information on the caswell bay hotel former employees owner or anyone that used to drink in the between the years 1982/1983. Any information anyone could give me would be a great help I'm searching for someone and I need all the help I can get.
My email is cerie1983@hotmail.com
Thank you

I'm sure at least one of the former Swansea Mafia figures owned it Malcom Struel, Cornelius family, Terry Francis of BJ Construction, I can find out more later when my Father calls up for lads Birthday.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 12:21 - Oct 11 with 16940 viewssnork44

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:24 - May 16 by Mervyn

Griffin bar,meant to start my engagement night here failed to make it due to a fractured knee cap...playing rugby earlier,

Jack Masons, good night club behind the old Mardy gorseinon,had my wedding night here,
The Park, great juke box, must have spent a small fortune there playing Neil youngs Heart of gold,

Penthouse, good live bands, and bumping into lads from Ystadgynlais and Bonymaen that a few hours before had kicked lumps out of me,

Prince of Wales, i think the dj was Winston and he always played steely dans Dirty Work ,still one of my all time fav. tracks

West Cross Country club, bit up market at the time....redbones whitch queen of new orleans takes me back to those days.

the Buc ,Handbury,No. 10 , critirion and the Dilwyn another good juke box, got so pissed in there did;nt make it to the vetch for the Who concert,

also went to Waun rugby club on tues nights ...place was rocking with Wishbone Ash's music......

the Rhyddings and the uplands along with the bombay grill and the Asian grill......sometimes you wonder how we survived what seemed like none stop drinking

God this brings back memories, we'd meet up at the Griffin bar, then the Hanbury after that 4j's or Flocks and Feathers underneath the Valbonne. Then either hit the Valboone or make our way back up to Barons and when Barons closed onto the Opal for a curry.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 12:26 - Oct 11 with 16929 viewsunion_jack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 12:21 - Oct 11 by snork44

God this brings back memories, we'd meet up at the Griffin bar, then the Hanbury after that 4j's or Flocks and Feathers underneath the Valbonne. Then either hit the Valboone or make our way back up to Barons and when Barons closed onto the Opal for a curry.

Was the Opal on Mansel Street?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 12:44 - Oct 11 with 16899 viewssnork44

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 12:26 - Oct 11 by union_jack

Was the Opal on Mansel Street?

Sure was. I'd go for either a Madras, Vindaloo or even a Tindaloo (when you are young and pissed, you'd eat anything out of bravado) and my mate would always stick to the same a chicken curry, the wimp ! I then saw sense and my favorite curry ended up being a bhuna, but living out here in the States there are hardly any Indian restaurents and then ones that are here the Indians don't know how to cook a decent curry.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2016 12:49]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 16:28 - Oct 11 with 16802 viewsmonmouth

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 14:04 - May 16 by Starsky

I can beat that. I used to drink in the 3 sisters pub in Cwmdu

Rhymbuck in my day. Also used to go in the Coracle on Conway Road....now that was somewhere old Desmond Morris needed to see.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:36 - Oct 11 with 16741 viewsGowerjack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 16:28 - Oct 11 by monmouth

Rhymbuck in my day. Also used to go in the Coracle on Conway Road....now that was somewhere old Desmond Morris needed to see.

When we were kids we used to nip round the back of The Coracle pinch the emptys then take them back to the off licence bit round the side to claim the money!

Then down to Conway Rd chippy to spend our ill gotton gains!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:39 - Oct 11 with 16734 viewsmonmouth

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:36 - Oct 11 by Gowerjack

When we were kids we used to nip round the back of The Coracle pinch the emptys then take them back to the off licence bit round the side to claim the money!

Then down to Conway Rd chippy to spend our ill gotton gains!

Aye the Offie was that hatch wasn't it. I'd forgotten about that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:53 - Oct 11 with 16722 viewsmax936

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 12:04 - Oct 11 by max936

I'm sure at least one of the former Swansea Mafia figures owned it Malcom Struel, Cornelius family, Terry Francis of BJ Construction, I can find out more later when my Father calls up for lads Birthday.

My Father worked there for a while when Terry Francis refurbed the place a fella called Dai Jones run the place for Terry with his Wife until Terry converted the building into flats, Dai Jones then bought a Hotel in Aberystwyth.

Thomas, Thomas originally owned the Hotel then Terry Francis and Ballard bought it and refurbished the place.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 18:58 - Oct 11 with 16718 viewsMillie

The Langdon pub, near the London (swansea jack)
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 19:44 - Oct 11 with 16687 viewsLoyal

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 09:49 - May 15 by pansypants

"Central Park" with its Decoda alcoholic soda water was like a calm before the storm.

Spielbergs "videos" were always worth watching in Quids Inn

Consider yourself ......

[Post edited 11 Oct 2016 19:44]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 19:50 - Oct 11 with 16676 viewsGowerjack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 19:44 - Oct 11 by Loyal

Consider yourself ......

[Post edited 11 Oct 2016 19:44]

That was a memorable night.

I think there may have been a football match as well....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 21:06 - Oct 11 with 16621 viewsWatchman

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 07:55 - May 15 by Edmundo

Any one remember the club at the bottom of Gorseinon, it turned into a snooker/pool venue, is now closed.
Used to be a tad rough on the weekends!
[Post edited 15 May 2014 8:23]

'tad rough' how very dare you! just jealous of our two Romo's

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:54 - Oct 11 with 16551 viewswhiterock

The Top Hat, Morriston had its moments c1975
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 07:20 - Oct 12 with 16506 viewswaynekerr55

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 16:28 - Oct 11 by monmouth

I remember it as the Rhymbuck when I was growing up.

Is the Coracle still going?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 07:43 - Oct 12 with 16494 viewsepaul

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 07:20 - Oct 12 by waynekerr55

I remember it as the Rhymbuck when I was growing up.

Is the Coracle still going?

Many a time I walked to the Coracle offie part with my gran back in the 70's she had her empty sherry bottle, filled up and a flagon of cider for my grampa

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:45 - Oct 12 with 16459 viewsperchrockjack

Bit too close for comfort is this thread.

Just seen Benny s mentioned.

I didn't mean any harm, just being a knob ....

I'm outta here

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 20:34 - Oct 12 with 16363 viewsJackUlation

Room at the top ( High Street AKA Maxies.) used to watch the Ivys there, who later become Badfinger.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024