Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today 22:14 - May 24 with 3304 viewsbonymine

Went along to the Liberty today to watch my son playing in the Swansea Junior League Cup Finals Day and was staggered to be asked for a full body search at the turnstiles outside the West Stand by a steward.
Furthermore, my father (age 74) and father in law (age 78) were also subjected to full body searches and my wife and mother in law (age 75) were asked to open their handbags before entering the ground.
Quite frankly I was astounded by all this as having watched the Swans since 1975 and been a season ticket holder and regular away fan since then I can only recall being subjected to a full body search a few times mainly away at some 'dodgy' games.
Then when I walked up the stairs to the concourse I was amazed to see about 50 official stewards 'on duty' (the same as a normal Premier League matchday with the Swans) and they were 'controlling' a crowd of parents, grandparents and family of the Under 14 players totaling about 200 people i;e. nothing to do.
Apparently (although I cannot officially confirm this point )the Swansea League paid around £12,000 to secure the Liberty for today's finals (4 matches) and the day was a very special occasion for all the players and families but I cannot get my head around the necessity for full body searches etc unless it was a 'dry run' for training stewards for next season. If so then perhaps that should have been made clear to the supporters before entering the ground and asking my mother in law to open her bag for inspection ?
As an aside it would be good to know who was paying for these stewards today on a cushy number on Bank Holiday weekend - was it the Swansea League, the Liberty Stadium or somebody else ?
Any other information/comments welcome............

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:16 - May 24 with 2415 viewsJackfath

I more often than not get searched on my way into the stadium.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:17 - May 24 with 2411 viewsDarran

Apart from the £12,000 fee if true I don't see anything wrong in it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:21 - May 24 with 2387 viewsUxbridge

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:17 - May 24 by Darran

It does sound a bit ridiculous, don't you agree?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:21 - May 24 with 2387 viewsbonymine

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:17 - May 24 by Darran

Yes I get searched if I've got a rucksack going into the South Stand on Swans matchday but 3 people in their 70's getting searched for a Junior League Finals Day ?????????????

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:21 - May 24 with 2383 viewsDarran

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:21 - May 24 by Uxbridge

It does sound a bit ridiculous, don't you agree?

The fee is yeah.

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:23 - May 24 with 2368 viewsJackfath

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:21 - May 24 by bonymine

Yes I get searched if I've got a rucksack going into the South Stand on Swans matchday but 3 people in their 70's getting searched for a Junior League Finals Day ?????????????

I get searched with no rucksack.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:24 - May 24 with 2354 viewsUxbridge

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:21 - May 24 by Darran

The fee is yeah.

The fee is about right I hear. Why on earth they'd need to search anyone going in is beyond me.

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:26 - May 24 with 2340 viewsDarran

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:24 - May 24 by Uxbridge

The fee is about right I hear. Why on earth they'd need to search anyone going in is beyond me.

I don't see it myself,I got a tap down going into the NEC last Monday night,thats life.

Login to get fewer ads

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:26 - May 24 with 2339 viewsbonymine

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:23 - May 24 by Jackfath

I get searched with no rucksack.

Fair enough in a crowd of 20,000 for a Premier League game maybe but on 3 OAP's at an U14 Swansea League game?

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:27 - May 24 with 2335 viewsDarran

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:21 - May 24 by bonymine

How did your son get off?

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:30 - May 24 with 2312 viewsUxbridge

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:26 - May 24 by Darran

I don't see it myself,I got a tap down going into the NEC last Monday night,thats life.

Couple hundred people, mainly young kids, parents and grandparents? Sounds a bit ridiculous to me, but hey ho.

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:30 - May 24 with 2303 viewsJackfath

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:26 - May 24 by bonymine

Fair enough in a crowd of 20,000 for a Premier League game maybe but on 3 OAP's at an U14 Swansea League game?

Maybe they had a tip off that there was the potential for trouble?

Some of the games at Junior level have been a bit tasty and some of the parents are raring to go.

Unfortunately that's the world we live in though. It's sad.
[Post edited 24 May 2014 22:31]

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:32 - May 24 with 2296 viewsbonymine

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:27 - May 24 by Darran

How did your son get off?

Won 7-2 in the final - a great atmosphere today had the same matchday music and team announcements as the Swans he also played on Wembley just before we played Reading in the Play Off Final 3 years ago so very proud Dad indeed !!

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:34 - May 24 with 2285 viewsDarran

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:32 - May 24 by bonymine

Won 7-2 in the final - a great atmosphere today had the same matchday music and team announcements as the Swans he also played on Wembley just before we played Reading in the Play Off Final 3 years ago so very proud Dad indeed !!

Magnificent stuff you must be so proud,don't worry about anything else its very trivial in the bigger picture.
Many congratulations to Master bonymine anf his team.

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:37 - May 24 with 2275 viewsbonymine

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:30 - May 24 by Jackfath

Maybe they had a tip off that there was the potential for trouble?

Some of the games at Junior level have been a bit tasty and some of the parents are raring to go.

Unfortunately that's the world we live in though. It's sad.
[Post edited 24 May 2014 22:31]

Nice one Fath I did hear it was a Cat C game with max potential for trouble............my lad was playing against 3 of his schoolmates today and it was carnage out there they were hugging and shaking hands and all sorts of nonsense ...................

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:38 - May 24 with 2247 viewsJackfath

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:37 - May 24 by bonymine

Nice one Fath I did hear it was a Cat C game with max potential for trouble............my lad was playing against 3 of his schoolmates today and it was carnage out there they were hugging and shaking hands and all sorts of nonsense ...................

Never seen any of the parents squaring up have you?

I think it's awful that the searched all the OAPs but if there were no searches and there was some trouble then you can bet your bottom dollar there would be people looking to sue.

As I said it's the world we live in.

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:44 - May 24 with 2215 viewsbonymine

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:34 - May 24 by Darran

Magnificent stuff you must be so proud,don't worry about anything else its very trivial in the bigger picture.
Many congratulations to Master bonymine anf his team.

Thanks Dar much appreciated they're all sleeping now and I'm watching Real win the EC again don't want today to end very proud of him he was also captain of his team when they played on Wembley before our Play Off victory against Reading 3 years ago so been great times !!!!!!

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:47 - May 24 with 2199 viewsDarran

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:44 - May 24 by bonymine

Thanks Dar much appreciated they're all sleeping now and I'm watching Real win the EC again don't want today to end very proud of him he was also captain of his team when they played on Wembley before our Play Off victory against Reading 3 years ago so been great times !!!!!!

I loves an occasion,I don't want today to end either.

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:53 - May 24 with 2167 viewsbonymine

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:38 - May 24 by Jackfath

I think it's awful that the searched all the OAPs but if there were no searches and there was some trouble then you can bet your bottom dollar there would be people looking to sue.

Know what you mean Fath it's a sad reflection of today's standards, so much beaureaucratic nonsense from EU on H&S etc
Shall we sing a song for you ??????

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:53 - May 24 with 2164 viewsSTEVE1

How did the Malsters get off in the senior final I played for them many moons ago.
OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:57 - May 24 with 2142 viewsbonymine

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:53 - May 24 by STEVE1

How did the Malsters get off in the senior final I played for them many moons ago.

Don't know mate

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 23:06 - May 24 with 2115 viewsJackoBoostardo

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:38 - May 24 by Jackfath

Doesn't mean it won't happen.

If someone pays for the stadium to be open, then under current licencing/regulation there has to be sufficient level of stewards before the match can go ahead.

And in terms of searching people, they do this during regular matches too. Don't see an issue with it if you have nothing to hide. You can get challenged and searched before going into a club too!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 07:08 - May 25 with 1959 viewsTheFranchise

it wasn't £12k.

I dont see much of a problem with the searches, it happens at every football ground. The tickets you purchased cover the senior games too and with no segregation perhaps the searches were needed to make sure a police presence wasn't needed.

The stadium charging people £5 to park on the other hand was scandalous.

This post has been edited by an administrator
OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 12:27 - May 25 with 1655 viewsBrynmill_Jack

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:16 - May 24 by Jackfath

I more often than not get searched on my way into the stadium.

It doesn't help you shouting "Cooeeeeeee" from the back of the queue at the stewards and when getting to the front throwing your arms up melodramatically saying " ok do your worst but mind the Crown Jewels this time" whilst winking. Pretending you've "left something in the car" and going back for another search raises suspicions somewhat Fathy

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 12:59 - May 25 with 1602 viewspremierjack

If nobody was searched and something happened in the stadium, the club would be wrong for not searching.

No matter what the club does - there is always people looking to have a go and say negative things!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024