Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disabled fans away day hell 18:59 - May 27 with 3504 viewsGrandPrix

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27505851

Has anyone disabled had problems at away grounds before? I didnt realise most grounds mixed home fans with away fans........It is a shame it really matters though it's only a game!

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:00 - May 27 with 3493 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I thought it was only 5 Premier League teams who did this.

Off the top of my head it is;

Villa, West Ham, Liverpool and 2 others I've forgotten.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:02 - May 27 with 3484 viewsDarran

Lots of grounds have the away disabled fans in with the home fans,Anfield is a f*cking disgarace and Villa isn't much better.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:03 - May 27 with 3481 viewsGrandPrix

Could be, I might have miss-heard the news earlier

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:05 - May 27 with 3468 viewsDarran

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:00 - May 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I thought it was only 5 Premier League teams who did this.

Off the top of my head it is;

Villa, West Ham, Liverpool and 2 others I've forgotten.

Palace is one,dreadful it is.

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:07 - May 27 with 3460 viewslondonlisa2001

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:02 - May 27 by Darran

Lots of grounds have the away disabled fans in with the home fans,Anfield is a f*cking disgarace and Villa isn't much better.

Darran,

do grounds have a legal obligation to separate home and away support and if so, why isn't it against discrimination laws not to provide the same separation to disabled supporters?
Disabled fans away day hell on 19:11 - May 27 with 3444 viewsDarran

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:07 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Darran,

do grounds have a legal obligation to separate home and away support and if so, why isn't it against discrimination laws not to provide the same separation to disabled supporters?

Some of the grounds are in such an antiquated state like Anfield it's just not possible until they improve,there are legal issues but they get around them because of their old grounds.
If they built a new stand for instance they'd have to be put in place.

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:14 - May 27 with 3421 viewslondonlisa2001

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:11 - May 27 by Darran

Some of the grounds are in such an antiquated state like Anfield it's just not possible until they improve,there are legal issues but they get around them because of their old grounds.

thanks for the clarification. I guess that there isn't the same retrospective requirement then. Seems a shocking state of affairs for clubs that are so rich.
Disabled fans away day hell on 19:17 - May 27 with 3411 viewsDarran

Believe it or not I've checked out the wheelchair section in most grounds and the best without any doubt is the Liberty.

That's not a joke.

Login to get fewer ads

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:21 - May 27 with 3389 viewsdgt73

I was watching the team warm-up before a game last season and this guy in a wheelchair drove straight into me just because i was standing in his spot for his wheelchair, there was no excuse me or anything he just said out of my way and straight into me. The people i was with couldn't believe what happened and burst out laughing.
[Post edited 27 May 2014 19:22]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:36 - May 27 with 3335 viewslondonlisa2001

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:17 - May 27 by Darran

Believe it or not I've checked out the wheelchair section in most grounds and the best without any doubt is the Liberty.

That's not a joke.

I saw the report where they said we were the best for provision - something we should all be very proud of !!

Certainly an upgrade from that rickety old lean-to in front of the old wing stand in the Vetch !
Disabled fans away day hell on 19:40 - May 27 with 3320 viewsMartyrman57

The number of wheelchair places at many grounds for away supporters is a disgrace. Newcastle had less than 10 and Birmingham you can count on 1 hand. Liverpool was in the front of the home fans but only witnessed 1 minor scuffle.
Agree totally with Darran, Swansea compare with the best.
Disabled fans away day hell on 19:50 - May 27 with 3292 viewsswansbabe65

I have had my own issues been a disabled jack army season holder, there should be more seating for wheelchairs and scooters at away grounds, I do agree liberty is the best we cater for disabled.
I found liverpool to be (drop mouth) the worst to have a disabled section along side thr home supporters.
when we were there we felt hemmed in by home supporters and our supporters were way over to our right.
Birmingham was the only away fixtures that looked after the disabled with a free hot drink at 1/2 time and a plastic rain cover wit

swansbabe65

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:00 - May 27 with 3258 viewssully49

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:17 - May 27 by Darran

That's not a joke.

The Liberty has absolutely got it spot on. The parking of your car outside the stadium is something else though. Especially when you get £75 parking ticket. If you decide to go to the councils area the terrain is so bad it hurts to go over in you wheelchair or scooter

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:03 - May 27 with 3239 viewsswansbabe65

Sorry pressed by accident dont know how to edit ..As I was saying we were given hot drinks and plastic with hoods as it was very wet that day.
The disabled fans are getting let down when we go to away matches as only a handful of wheelchair spaces are available and a lot of fans who want to be there to watch their team are been let down.
something has to be done we shouldnt have to go into a draw to see who goes and who doesnt as the ones that miss out are unhappy which has happenec to me last season on a couple of occasions.
21st centuary should bring clubs to re think about disabled supporters as there is just more disabled people that are missinb out
come on clubs (except ours) lets see new areas given for disabled so we too can be nappy and enjoy football with all our own fans.....

swansbabe65

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:19 - May 27 with 3192 viewsPacemaker

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:03 - May 27 by swansbabe65

Sorry pressed by accident dont know how to edit ..As I was saying we were given hot drinks and plastic with hoods as it was very wet that day.
The disabled fans are getting let down when we go to away matches as only a handful of wheelchair spaces are available and a lot of fans who want to be there to watch their team are been let down.
something has to be done we shouldnt have to go into a draw to see who goes and who doesnt as the ones that miss out are unhappy which has happenec to me last season on a couple of occasions.
21st centuary should bring clubs to re think about disabled supporters as there is just more disabled people that are missinb out
come on clubs (except ours) lets see new areas given for disabled so we too can be nappy and enjoy football with all our own fans.....

What did you think of Arsenal Dar, it looked very good to me in that slightly elevated area behind our fans?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:24 - May 27 with 3175 viewsDarran

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:19 - May 27 by Pacemaker

What did you think of Arsenal Dar, it looked very good to me in that slightly elevated area behind our fans?

Not bad though it gets a bit congested with people walking in front of you during the game,very similar to Man City.

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:26 - May 27 with 3161 viewsPacemaker

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:24 - May 27 by Darran

Not bad though it gets a bit congested with people walking in front of you during the game,very similar to Man City.

Just goes to show that it's only when you go to use something do you see if it is practical or not.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:29 - May 27 with 3154 viewsNewhousemustscore

Disabled fans away day hell on 19:11 - May 27 by Darran

Teams like Liverpool are owned by billionaires and spend millions on players and play up to the fact that their ground is iconic but then treat disabled fans poorly & hide behind the fact that their ground is old.
Disabled fans away day hell on 20:29 - May 27 with 3154 viewsDarran

Disabled fans away day hell on 20:26 - May 27 by Pacemaker

Just goes to show that it's only when you go to use something do you see if it is practical or not.

One of the things about the Liberty is nobody can walk in front of the wheelchairs during a game.

Disabled fans away day hell on 14:51 - May 28 with 2843 viewsWantagejack

I heard the report on the radio (while in Engalnd and driving to the Liberty) stating that only three premiership grounds provided the required amount of disabled provision, which was said to be a disgrace, but the clubs were not named. So I later googled the topic and was pleasantly surpised to find - as several have stated here - that The Liberty came top, and the other two clubs were Southampton second and Cardiff third.

Credit where it's due, and I was pleased that Swansea did so well, but I was left wondering why the BBC didn't see fit to name the two Welsh Clubs in the premiership (at that time) as the good guys. Did Radio Wales give us credit?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024