Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? 12:12 - May 31 with 84624 viewsTrundle10

Got a lot of different species here at the moment. Nuthatch, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Long Tailed Tits, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robins, bullfinch, Gold finch.
What visitors do you get on yours?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:57 - Jan 21 with 2626 viewscsf

Forgot about that one. We went there late last year probably Oct/Nov time. Got there too late, they were shutting the cafe which is where you can see the feeders, and forgot the binoculars that day!

Quite expensive though. The other places we've been have all been free!
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:01 - Jan 21 with 2614 viewsDarran

I took these two in the garden today too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:05 - Jan 21 with 2606 viewscsf

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:01 - Jan 21 by Darran

Hi Dar, they are great shots. Out of interest what lens do you use for them? And how far away are you from the birds? My wife is the photographer amongst us and finds that 300mm doesn't seem to get close enough.

She would have liked to get closer to the Waxwings for example.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:06 - Jan 21 with 2602 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:01 - Jan 21 by Darran

Nice pair of tits

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:11 - Jan 21 with 2599 viewscsf

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:48 - May 25 by Darran

Two of today's visitors and my brand new butterfly feeder.

Just been flicking through the thread. What's the bird in the middle photo??
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:13 - Jan 21 with 3165 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:05 - Jan 21 by csf

Hi Dar, they are great shots. Out of interest what lens do you use for them? And how far away are you from the birds? My wife is the photographer amongst us and finds that 300mm doesn't seem to get close enough.

She would have liked to get closer to the Waxwings for example.

I've just got a small Samsung wifi camera but it's got a hell of a zoom on it,if you put it on the right programme it doubles the zoom. It's got a 21x zoom but you can turn it into 42x

It's this.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/point-and-shoo

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:37 - Jan 22 with 3125 viewsDarran

Today's visitor.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:35 - Jan 22 with 3110 viewsDarran

Login to get fewer ads

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:51 - Jan 25 with 3084 viewslifelong

Large flocks of Sea and Wading birds on Loughor Estuary today.. great sight.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 20:03]
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:03 - Jan 25 with 3067 viewsDr_Winston

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:34 - Jan 21 by csf

So far in 2017 we've done Pontneddfechan, Rspb Newport and Cwm Clydach, Penllegare Woods and Parc Slip. If anyone can recommend other places locally I'd appreciate it!!

Was at Penllergare today. Not much about apart from this fella.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:06 - Jan 25 with 3057 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:03 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

Beaut.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:14 - Jan 25 with 3052 viewsDr_Winston

Singleton Park Ornamental Gardens have always been a decent spot for me. Easy to get to and plenty there, although not a huge amount of variety.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:24 - Jan 25 with 3043 viewsDr_Winston

If you've never been there, the Red Kite centre in Llanddeusant is also well worth a trip.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:26 - Jan 25 with 3037 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:24 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

If you've never been there, the Red Kite centre in Llanddeusant is also well worth a trip.

Yeah I know about that place I'll have to go there.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:31 - Jan 25 with 3035 viewsDr_Winston

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:26 - Jan 25 by Darran

Yeah I know about that place I'll have to go there.

The feeding frenzy is fantastic.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:33 - Jan 25 with 3032 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:31 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

The feeding frenzy is fantastic.

Amazing it was on springwatch last year or the year before.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:21 - Jan 25 with 3014 viewscsf

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:03 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

Was he/She sitting toward the top of a tree in the stretch before the waterfall? Saw him there last week and at one point last year.
Is it a cormorant? Wife and I really struggled to ID .
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:27 - Jan 25 with 3008 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:21 - Jan 25 by csf

Was he/She sitting toward the top of a tree in the stretch before the waterfall? Saw him there last week and at one point last year.

Cormorant drying out, I may be wrong but I don't think they have the oil gland at the base of their tails like Ducks have (cul de cunard) spelling ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 07:33 - Jan 26 with 2987 viewsDr_Winston

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:21 - Jan 25 by csf

Yup.

Definitely a Cormorant. They've got that very Jurassic looking beak.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 09:52 - Jan 26 with 2975 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 07:33 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

Definitely a Cormorant. They've got that very Jurassic looking beak.

Yes, Cormorant, the only bird similar is a Shag.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 09:54 - Jan 26 with 2970 viewsdickythorpe

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:27 - Jan 25 by Flashberryjack

Cormorant drying out, I may be wrong but I don't think they have the oil gland at the base of their tails like Ducks have (cul de cunard) spelling ?

Oldjack and MAX need to "dry out"
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:06 - Jan 26 with 2961 viewsDarran

Female Bullfinch just flew into the window and was a bit stunned,I held it in my hand to warm it up for five minutes and it then flew off.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:22 - Jan 26 with 2945 viewsdickythorpe

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:06 - Jan 26 by Darran

Female Bullfinch just flew into the window and was a bit stunned,I held it in my hand to warm it up for five minutes and it then flew off.

And in your neighbours bush was two!
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:41 - Jan 26 with 2932 viewssbwng

[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 15:43]

Goulet

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:25 - Jan 27 with 2874 viewsNogginthenog

Don't forget great garden birdwatch starts today, details on RSPB website
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024