Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? 12:12 - May 31 with 84053 viewsTrundle10

Got a lot of different species here at the moment. Nuthatch, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Long Tailed Tits, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robins, bullfinch, Gold finch.
What visitors do you get on yours?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 17:30 - Jun 1 with 4150 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:40 - Jun 1 by Darran

A friend of ours was watering the garden just outside Toronto two nights ago and a Humming Bird landed to have a look.

We've got loads of Humming birds in our garden..........f*ckin Jackdawes

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:01 - Jun 1 with 4137 viewsperplex

Only a few here Crows, Sparrows, Doves, Magpies.,Blue and Coal tits, Song Thrush and my fav the Starlings, they were even feeding there Chicks who must have just left the nest on our feeders, we do have Blackbirds but they are only interested in getting worms from our lawn.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:42 - Jun 1 with 4113 viewscsf

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:01 - Jun 1 by perplex

Only a few here Crows, Sparrows, Doves, Magpies.,Blue and Coal tits, Song Thrush and my fav the Starlings, they were even feeding there Chicks who must have just left the nest on our feeders, we do have Blackbirds but they are only interested in getting worms from our lawn.

We've had a blue tit and chick/fledgling at our feeder. But we've had a shedload of starlings and their young. We've named one as his group of three seem to be more independent and he's kind of made our feeder his own. Has been here a lot on his own the last two days
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:43 - Jun 1 with 4109 viewscsf

On that note, anybody know where to get mealworms cheap around Swansea? Buyology had around 1kg a while back for £4.99 but they''ve gone up to £8.49. As much as I love the starlings, thats a bit steep.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 08:25 - Jun 2 with 4068 viewskarnataka

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:35 - Jun 1 by lifelong

The rewards of feeding the birds in the garden, the parent Blue Tit brings food to the box and the chick pokes his head out to receive it.... brilliant.

Great pics. We've got a blue tit family in our nest box and I can see the parent going to & fro from where I'm sitting typing this just by looking straight over the top of my laptop screen!
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:20 - Jul 4 with 3986 viewsTrundle10

Goldfinches.... wasteful feckers, chuck most of the Nyger seed on the ground.. costs a fair bit too
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:33 - Jul 4 with 3974 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:43 - Jun 1 by csf

On that note, anybody know where to get mealworms cheap around Swansea? Buyology had around 1kg a while back for £4.99 but they''ve gone up to £8.49. As much as I love the starlings, thats a bit steep.

Robert Dyas is by far the cheapest place here - sell big sacks of them. Don't know whether they have a branch in Swansea?

Edited - just had a look and it doesn't seem they have. In fact they only seem to be in the South of England. Weird - they're all over the place here.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2017 10:39]
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:12 - Jul 4 with 3949 viewswaynekerr55

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:43 - Jun 1 by csf

Have you looked in B&M or Home Bargains?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:52 - Jul 4 with 3905 viewscsf

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:12 - Jul 4 by waynekerr55

Have you looked in B&M or Home Bargains?

Yeah, worms seems to be the most expensive in these places. Done the rounds, HB, B&M Buyology, The Range, Poundstretcher and Wilkos.

Can get smaller bags of 80-100g for £1-£1.99 but the Starlings (and their fledglings) round by me love the worms and go through them really quickly
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:28 - Jul 4 with 3891 viewswaynekerr55

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:52 - Jul 4 by csf

Yeah, worms seems to be the most expensive in these places. Done the rounds, HB, B&M Buyology, The Range, Poundstretcher and Wilkos.

Can get smaller bags of 80-100g for £1-£1.99 but the Starlings (and their fledglings) round by me love the worms and go through them really quickly

Have you tried e bay or Amazon?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:42 - Jul 4 with 3864 viewsplasjack

last winter I bought cheap breakfast porridge oats too try it out for the birds, it didn't last long.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:34 - Jul 8 with 3814 viewsNeathJack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:11 - Jul 8 with 3799 viewsDr_Winston

Planning to install some decent bird feeders in my garden so will hopefully get some decent shots if the pigeons, magpies and crows don't clean them out first.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:19 - Jul 8 with 3763 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:20 - Jul 8 with 3762 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:19 - Jul 8 by WarwickHunt

Not one of your best jokes Philip.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:23 - Jul 8 with 3759 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:20 - Jul 8 by Darran

Not one of your best jokes Philip.

One of them's got thrush.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:27 - Jul 8 with 3756 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:23 - Jul 8 by WarwickHunt

One of them's got thrush.

Slightly better.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:27 - Jul 8 with 3754 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:27 - Jul 8 by Darran

Slightly better.

Prick.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:29 - Jul 8 with 3750 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:27 - Jul 8 by WarwickHunt

Prick.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:53 - Jul 9 with 3719 viewsWxmJax

We have sparrows and robins flying up against our window this afternoon. Now realised that flying ants are emerging and they're having a feast.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 17:13 - Aug 28 with 3553 viewskarnataka

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:03 - Jan 28 by Darran

Yeah must gave been torture for birders before the Internet and mobile phones.

For sightings of anything unusual, they have always used pagers and still do.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 17:51 - Aug 28 with 3532 viewsFieryJack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:19 - Jul 8 by WarwickHunt

Look like German or Austrian birds to me - not British.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:23 - Aug 29 with 3461 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 17:51 - Aug 28 by FieryJack

Look like German or Austrian birds to me - not British.

Yep. The high cheekbones are a dead giveaway

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:57 - Aug 29 with 3446 viewsMo_Wives

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:23 - Aug 29 by longlostjack

Yep. The high cheekbones are a dead giveaway

And no tattoos.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:04 - Aug 29 with 3435 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:57 - Aug 29 by Mo_Wives

And no tattoos.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024