Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? 12:12 - May 31 with 84462 viewsTrundle10

Got a lot of different species here at the moment. Nuthatch, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Long Tailed Tits, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robins, bullfinch, Gold finch.
What visitors do you get on yours?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:06 - Dec 30 with 3232 viewscsf

Spoke to someone yesterday who says there have been and may still be Peregrines nesting on the DVLA building. ANybody seen them ever or recently?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:16 - Dec 30 with 3226 viewsdickythorpe

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:06 - Dec 30 by csf

Spoke to someone yesterday who says there have been and may still be Peregrines nesting on the DVLA building. ANybody seen them ever or recently?

This is well known csf, our own ECB has commented on them in the past, I'm even sure he saw a mouse fall from the sky due to the magnificent hunting these birds do.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:26 - Dec 30 with 3220 viewscsf

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:16 - Dec 30 by dickythorpe

This is well known csf, our own ECB has commented on them in the past, I'm even sure he saw a mouse fall from the sky due to the magnificent hunting these birds do.

I can see the top of the building from my house so will have to keep an eye out. Thanks for this.

I knew there was a Sparrowhawk locally, the locals sparrows go nuts in the hedges when he/she's around
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:26 - Jan 3 with 3157 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:06 - Dec 30 by csf

Not sure about the DVLA but Peregrines nested on top of the BT Tower in the Strand for many years. Much to the annoyance of Pigeon fanciers in the StThomas and Port Tennant areas of the City.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:38 - Jan 3 with 3149 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:26 - Jan 3 by lifelong

Not sure about the DVLA but Peregrines nested on top of the BT Tower in the Strand for many years. Much to the annoyance of Pigeon fanciers in the StThomas and Port Tennant areas of the City.

There's been a pair Peregrine nesting near my house for years, can just about see their nest with binoculars.
Very interesting to see them hunt (as long as you're not a Pigean fancier), especially when they're teaching the youngsters how to do it.

The best thing I've seen though, is an Osprey taking a trout of about 2lbs whilst I was fishing up in Scotland a few years back.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:13 - Jan 4 with 3093 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Just took this in the garden.

Woodpecker? Certainly a lawn pecker today.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:40 - Jan 4 with 3072 viewsBrynCartwright

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:13 - Jan 4 by Joe_bradshaw

Just took this in the garden.

Woodpecker? Certainly a lawn pecker today.

Green woodpecker...Britain's largest

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:21 - Jan 28 with 2867 viewscsf

Did anyone do RSPB big garden birdwatch?
Login to get fewer ads

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:24 - Jan 28 with 2844 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:21 - Jan 28 by csf

Did anyone do RSPB big garden birdwatch?

I forgot about it.

I’ve never had so many birds coming to the feeders as I have this winter, all the various Tits, loads of goldfinches, chaffinches and the occasional greenfinch. The sunflower hearts are very popular as are the peanuts.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:39 - Jan 28 with 2832 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:24 - Jan 28 by lifelong

I forgot about it.

I’ve never had so many birds coming to the feeders as I have this winter, all the various Tits, loads of goldfinches, chaffinches and the occasional greenfinch. The sunflower hearts are very popular as are the peanuts.

Had a male bullfinch with two females this year. Our bird food gets regularly eaten by the (red) squirrels though. The same red squirrels who regularly raid the wren's nest every Spring. Nature can be a bitch!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:53 - Jan 28 with 2820 viewsDarran

Every single day we get.

Blue Tit.
Coal Tit.
Great Tit.
Long Tailed Tit.
Chaffinch.
Bullfinch.
Robin.
Wren.
Nuthatch.
Magpie.
Jay.
Jackdaw.
Carrion Crow.
Blackbird.
Song Thrush.
Dunnock.
House Sparrow.
Collared Dove.
Wood Pigeon.
Starling.
Tree Creeper.
Grey Wagtail.
Pied Wagtail.

We’ve also had over the last few years.

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker.
Brambling.
Blackcap.
Siskin.
Greenfinch
Goldfinch.
Fieldfare.
Herring Gull.
Rook.
Goldcrest.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:26 - Jan 28 with 2797 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:39 - Jan 28 by longlostjack

Had a male bullfinch with two females this year. Our bird food gets regularly eaten by the (red) squirrels though. The same red squirrels who regularly raid the wren's nest every Spring. Nature can be a bitch!

Use cage feeders, they keep the squirrels away from the feed.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:29 - Jan 28 with 2793 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:53 - Jan 28 by Darran

Every single day we get.

Blue Tit.
Coal Tit.
Great Tit.
Long Tailed Tit.
Chaffinch.
Bullfinch.
Robin.
Wren.
Nuthatch.
Magpie.
Jay.
Jackdaw.
Carrion Crow.
Blackbird.
Song Thrush.
Dunnock.
House Sparrow.
Collared Dove.
Wood Pigeon.
Starling.
Tree Creeper.
Grey Wagtail.
Pied Wagtail.

Brambling.
Blackcap.
Siskin.
Greenfinch
Goldfinch.
Fieldfare.
Herring Gull.
Rook.
Goldcrest.

A great list, had most of them except Woodpecker and Tree Creeper.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:34 - Jan 28 with 2790 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:29 - Jan 28 by lifelong

A great list, had most of them except Woodpecker and Tree Creeper.

We had a Tree Creeper last winter that sat on the wall everyday eating cake. It looked right out of place.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:35 - Jan 28 with 2788 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:34 - Jan 28 by Darran

We had a Tree Creeper last winter that sat on the wall everyday eating cake. It looked right out of place.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:04 - Jan 28 with 2773 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:26 - Jan 28 by lifelong

Use cage feeders, they keep the squirrels away from the feed.

We've got one of those. Just pretty pointless putting up the fatballs and rings. I know squirrels also have to eat but there's a bloody great walnut tree next door and our lawn is always full of buried walnuts. Looks like the old Baseball ground by March.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:07 - Jan 28 with 2766 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:04 - Jan 28 by longlostjack

We've got one of those. Just pretty pointless putting up the fatballs and rings. I know squirrels also have to eat but there's a bloody great walnut tree next door and our lawn is always full of buried walnuts. Looks like the old Baseball ground by March.

Where do you live then?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:16 - Jan 28 with 2764 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:53 - Jan 28 by Darran

Every single day we get.

Blue Tit.
Coal Tit.
Great Tit.
Long Tailed Tit.
Chaffinch.
Bullfinch.
Robin.
Wren.
Nuthatch.
Magpie.
Jay.
Jackdaw.
Carrion Crow.
Blackbird.
Song Thrush.
Dunnock.
House Sparrow.
Collared Dove.
Wood Pigeon.
Starling.
Tree Creeper.
Grey Wagtail.
Pied Wagtail.

Brambling.
Blackcap.
Siskin.
Greenfinch
Goldfinch.
Fieldfare.
Herring Gull.
Rook.
Goldcrest.

Great list. What we don't get are coal tits, we used to, but no longer, grey wagtails and wait for it house sparrows! We do get black redstarts and the occasional Sparrowhawk. Treecreepers are great. Few silver birches close by and they love the ants.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 22:18]

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:20 - Jan 28 with 2761 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:16 - Jan 28 by longlostjack

Great list. What we don't get are coal tits, we used to, but no longer, grey wagtails and wait for it house sparrows! We do get black redstarts and the occasional Sparrowhawk. Treecreepers are great. Few silver birches close by and they love the ants.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 22:18]

We get a bastard Sparrow Hawk.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:21 - Jan 28 with 2760 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:07 - Jan 28 by Darran

Where do you live then?

Germany. Pikey Paul is more than welcome ;-)

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:22 - Jan 28 with 2758 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:20 - Jan 28 by Darran

We get a bastard Sparrow Hawk.

Eat their prey on the floor and cause a hell of a mess.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:23 - Jan 28 with 2757 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:21 - Jan 28 by longlostjack

Germany. Pikey Paul is more than welcome ;-)

Haha brilliant I never realised.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 02:16 - Jan 29 with 2713 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

We're regularly visited by Bluebirds over here in Trumpland. They're beautiful birds, but I find it hard to disassociate myself from their connection to our eastern bloc friends.

They'll come, perch upon a prominent branch and emit a soothing warble... and in return I'll fling open the windows and sing "Where the Swans are flyin' and Bluebirds dyin' and Eddie May is w*nking in the snow, in the snow!"

Ok, that doesn't happen, but they're lovely birds nonetheless. Not in the same league as Swans, obviously..

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 08:07 - Jan 29 with 2662 viewsswanforthemoney

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:04 - Jan 28 by longlostjack

Like the Baseball Ground in March. Do you get the redoubtable Kevin Hector running across the lawn tormenting defenders before tucking the ball in the back of the onion bag ?

I stand in the North Stand

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:42 - Feb 22 with 2403 viewskarnataka

I know this thread is about birds in the garden but a few days ago, from an upstairs window, I saw a Great White Egret in one of fields near our house so seen from our property but not in it. There are a few resident about 5-6 miles from where we live but I've never previously seen one around here. Think it's probably because there is still a lot of flood water around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024