Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? 12:12 - May 31 with 84444 viewsTrundle10

Got a lot of different species here at the moment. Nuthatch, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Long Tailed Tits, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robins, bullfinch, Gold finch.
What visitors do you get on yours?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 17:00 - May 8 with 2106 viewswaynekerr55

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:25 - May 8 by Darran

This is not a bird but I’ve just been up St Catharine’s Church In Baglan to see the steeplejack who’s a chum of mine and he showed me a photo of a bees nest they discovered recently inside the steeple of a church near Hereford.

That's class

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:00 - Dec 1 with 1886 viewsDarran

My new bird feeder.
Am I a genius or am I a genius?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 09:47 - Dec 5 with 1820 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:00 - Dec 1 by Darran

My new bird feeder.
Am I a genius or am I a genius?

Well the squirrels like it anyway.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:41 - Dec 5 with 1802 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 09:47 - Dec 5 by Darran

Well the squirrels like it anyway.

The little prick just chewed the branch off and walked away with the Apple.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:57 - Dec 5 with 1797 viewsCatullus

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:41 - Dec 5 by Darran

The little prick just chewed the branch off and walked away with the Apple.

A squirrel ran up my leg once and got way too close to my nuts, scared the life out of me.

I wouldn't recognise most birds if they flew straight into me, th only tits I'd recognise are politicians, oh, and Sofia Vergara's (very sexist, I do apologise) but we do put feeders out and we put dog food out for the hedgehogs too.
We used to take the dog down Fendrod lake and feed the birds there too....never bread though! Only ever proper bird food, bought from that pet place on the zone.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:46 - Dec 9 with 1743 viewskarnataka

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:25 - May 8 by Darran

This is not a bird but I’ve just been up St Catharine’s Church In Baglan to see the steeplejack who’s a chum of mine and he showed me a photo of a bees nest they discovered recently inside the steeple of a church near Hereford.

I've only just noticed that photographs previously hosted by tinypic.com, including several of my own, are no longer showing and have been replaced by a message because tinypic are no longer apparently. It was not a site I used much, just when I wanted to paste a pic in a forum message so I haven't had my eye on the ball there. Have to find another hosting site now but there seem to be quite a few to choose from.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:44 - Jan 25 with 1613 viewsBrynCartwright

Great British Bird Watch this week-end.

https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/birdwatch/

I did it today and was disappointed to see just 9 species. Fewer than last year. No starlings again. The weather did not help though, and I do not feed them as a norm.

Think I will get a bird feeding station up and running.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:45 - Jun 8 with 1365 viewslifelong

Got House Martins nest building on the front of the house this morning...brilliant.

Login to get fewer ads

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:46 - Jun 8 with 1330 viewsBLAZE

I've added a feeding station to my back garden. Stocked up on all kinds of treats for them but so far they've only touched the fat balls

Next time I stock up, do I cater for just that or should I persist with the suet and nuts also?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:53 - Jun 8 with 1319 viewsBrynCartwright

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:46 - Jun 8 by BLAZE

I've added a feeding station to my back garden. Stocked up on all kinds of treats for them but so far they've only touched the fat balls

Next time I stock up, do I cater for just that or should I persist with the suet and nuts also?

I was given a feeding station as a birthday present in early February. Only now is it being used extensively. It takes a few weeks to establish. There is a little tray and separate seed dispenser for birds that like to perch and feed like sparrows, a peanut holder, and half a coconut filled with suet and seeds for the more agile birds like tits. I also lob a couple of hanfulls of seed on the ground, as plenty of birds, like blackbirds and collared doves prefer ground feeding.

It is also a great idea to have a permanent water supply for them, to drink and to bathe in especially when the weather is warm.

I've had a great spotted woodpecker on there as well, but look out for the jackdaws and rooks, as they will come in mob handed and hoover everything up the thugs!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:54 - Jun 8 with 1318 viewsJackfath

Be careful. You'll have rats coming along to eat up all the bits that fall to the ground.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:02 - Jun 8 with 1307 viewsBLAZE

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:54 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

Be careful. You'll have rats coming along to eat up all the bits that fall to the ground.

Funnily enough my parents have two at this very moment, though these fückers weren't satisfied with the ground feed and have learnt to climb the pole. My father is all ghillied up with air pistol and binoculars at the ready
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:09 - Jun 8 with 1299 viewsBLAZE

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:53 - Jun 8 by BrynCartwright

I was given a feeding station as a birthday present in early February. Only now is it being used extensively. It takes a few weeks to establish. There is a little tray and separate seed dispenser for birds that like to perch and feed like sparrows, a peanut holder, and half a coconut filled with suet and seeds for the more agile birds like tits. I also lob a couple of hanfulls of seed on the ground, as plenty of birds, like blackbirds and collared doves prefer ground feeding.

It is also a great idea to have a permanent water supply for them, to drink and to bathe in especially when the weather is warm.

I've had a great spotted woodpecker on there as well, but look out for the jackdaws and rooks, as they will come in mob handed and hoover everything up the thugs!

Thanks Bryn. My station has a bird bath built into it. No half measures here, I went for the full shamonca
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:13 - Jun 8 with 1291 viewsSwanjaxs

Absolutely gutted.

Have been feeding the birds in the garden for about 18 months now, and built up a loyal following.

Have had to stop for the moment because I've spotted a rat running around the garden.

We think the bugger has come over from next doors scruffy garden.

Waiting for pest control to come over.

Any advice fellow bird feeding pals?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:22 - Jun 8 with 1274 viewsBLAZE

Only one option Jax - time to earn your crust as the male of the household

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:25 - Jun 8 with 1268 viewsSwanjaxs

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:22 - Jun 8 by BLAZE

Only one option Jax - time to earn your crust as the male of the household

Haha funnily enough my sons bedroom looks over the back garden and I only said to him yesterday "shall we get an airgun and shot the little bàstards" 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:45 - Jun 8 with 1244 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:25 - Jun 8 by Swanjaxs

Haha funnily enough my sons bedroom looks over the back garden and I only said to him yesterday "shall we get an airgun and shot the little bàstards" 😂

Yes.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:48 - Jun 8 with 1239 viewslifelong

Sunflower seeds are the best for attracting smaller birds to the feeders, get the sunflower hearts not the black ones.
Rats can be a problem with bird feeders, try and put them as high as you can and regularly clean up the bits that drop from the feeders.
I’ve caught a few over the years with a rat trap baited with peanut butter.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:58 - Jun 8 with 1233 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:48 - Jun 8 by lifelong

Sunflower seeds are the best for attracting smaller birds to the feeders, get the sunflower hearts not the black ones.
Rats can be a problem with bird feeders, try and put them as high as you can and regularly clean up the bits that drop from the feeders.
I’ve caught a few over the years with a rat trap baited with peanut butter.

Get quite a few Gold Finches coming to them.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:08 - Jun 8 with 1223 viewsBLAZE

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:25 - Jun 8 by Swanjaxs

Being serious mate, from what I've read it's a case that rats live around us whether we like it or not. They're only returning to your garden because they know it's a regular source of easy food. Try sweeping up underneath the bird feeder 3 or 4 times a week and they'll probably piss off in search of easier pickings elsewhere 👍
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:17 - Jun 8 with 1212 viewsDr_Winston

They mostly self cater in mine.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:22 - Jun 8 with 1209 viewskarnataka

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:54 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

I'm surprised we don't have rats hoovering the ground under our feeders as we see them regularly crossing the lane by the farm near us but we do get pheasants and badgers performing that function. At the moment, a pair of Great Spotted Woodpeckers seem to be taking turns decimating our fatballs so there's always plenty of debris on the ground.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:56 - Jun 8 with 1169 viewsairedale

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 14:58 - Jun 8 by lifelong

Get quite a few Gold Finches coming to them.

We've got 2 feeders, one contains sunflower hearts and the other has sunflower hearts mixed in with Niger seeds. Goldfinches like Niger. We're also growing teasel for them cos they like that too. Teasel only flowers every other year so there's some in now and some will be put in next year. We're also getting a thistle for them.

My gardening manager sees to the growing side of things.

Kin ell! Just read BrynCartwright’s post, my post should read ‘sunflower hearts And mealworms’ in one feeder.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 0:00]
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:07 - Jun 8 with 1110 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:56 - Jun 8 by airedale

We've got 2 feeders, one contains sunflower hearts and the other has sunflower hearts mixed in with Niger seeds. Goldfinches like Niger. We're also growing teasel for them cos they like that too. Teasel only flowers every other year so there's some in now and some will be put in next year. We're also getting a thistle for them.

My gardening manager sees to the growing side of things.

Kin ell! Just read BrynCartwright’s post, my post should read ‘sunflower hearts And mealworms’ in one feeder.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 0:00]

Recently I put a new bird feeder up (I've made it almost impossible for crows to get at it)

Sunflower hearts, Niger seeds, millet, you name it, I've used it.
To date all I've had is a load of house sparrows a couple of Cole tits (they're pretty regular visitors now) and the very odd Blue and Great Tits.

Goldfinches do visit next doors large Lime tree, unfortunately they ignore my feeder.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:22 - Jun 8 with 1094 viewsairedale

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:07 - Jun 8 by Flashberryjack

Recently I put a new bird feeder up (I've made it almost impossible for crows to get at it)

Sunflower hearts, Niger seeds, millet, you name it, I've used it.
To date all I've had is a load of house sparrows a couple of Cole tits (they're pretty regular visitors now) and the very odd Blue and Great Tits.

Goldfinches do visit next doors large Lime tree, unfortunately they ignore my feeder.

The Goldfinches are regulars, visiting the feeders many times a day. We also get sparrows (very common) and dunnock I think. Also an occasional bluetit. We getno hassle from crows or magpies but recently bloody starling have been showing up and managing to use the feeders. Its like a bunch of pissed up stagnighters turning up. Blackdirds, pidge and his Mrs ground feed on the shrapnel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024