Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? 12:12 - May 31 with 84564 viewsTrundle10

Got a lot of different species here at the moment. Nuthatch, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Long Tailed Tits, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robins, bullfinch, Gold finch.
What visitors do you get on yours?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:37 - Feb 27 with 3632 viewslonglostjack

Shocked our male Wren last week - bitterly cold and he was using a nest above our garage door that he rebuilds every year to try to attract a female. Watched him go back in later which was good. I hope it is the male though and not some Wag taking advantage him.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:03 - Feb 27 with 3622 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:37 - Feb 27 by longlostjack

Shocked our male Wren last week - bitterly cold and he was using a nest above our garage door that he rebuilds every year to try to attract a female. Watched him go back in later which was good. I hope it is the male though and not some Wag taking advantage him.

There was a documentary on recently were they found about 40 Wrens in one nest box all huddled together to keep warm.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:17 - Feb 27 with 3610 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:03 - Feb 27 by Darran

There was a documentary on recently were they found about 40 Wrens in one nest box all huddled together to keep warm.

Interesting. Not so daft after all then for the male to build loads of nests. Never underestimate nature !

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:23 - Feb 27 with 3606 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:17 - Feb 27 by longlostjack

Interesting. Not so daft after all then for the male to build loads of nests. Never underestimate nature !

I just googled and found this old link where they had 61.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/makeahomeforwildlife/advice/expert/previous/roosting_wren

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:52 - Feb 27 with 3593 viewsNogginthenog

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:17 - Feb 27 by longlostjack

I think that was on a Johnny Kingdom show, used to love his programmes.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:10 - Feb 27 with 3578 viewsDr_Winston

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:22 - Feb 27 by Nogginthenog

I have 3 boxes and a table, the tits are already checking the boxes out so hope I get some residents this year.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:11 - Feb 27 with 3577 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:10 - Feb 27 by Dr_Winston

That's a cracker J.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:15 - Feb 27 with 3574 viewsDr_Winston

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:11 - Feb 27 by Darran

That's a cracker J.

More Singleton Park than my garden though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:50 - Feb 27 with 3551 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:23 - Feb 27 by Darran

http://www.rspb.org.uk/makeahomeforwildlife/advice/expert/previous/roosting_wren

How do they decide where to go? Like one of them says "you can all crash out at my place tonight" and the others follow?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:29 - Feb 28 with 3506 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:03 - Feb 28 with 3552 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:38 - Feb 28 with 3547 viewsmorningstar

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:03 - Feb 28 by Darran

Lovely birds. My cat often brings them home.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:10 - Feb 28 with 3516 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:03 - Feb 28 by Darran

Interesting way of keeping warm they have to. Found this on net.
A winter flock of Long-tailed Tits occupies a large but defined territory, which it will defend against other flocks. This flocking behaviour has an important survival function; birds make it through the cold winter nights by roosting huddled together along a branch, since such tiny birds could easily die of exposure if roosting alone. It’s been shown that the position in the roosting line is determined by hierarchy, with senior birds in the middle and subordinates at the ends, and that the birds on the ends are less likely to survive a cold winter night.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:27 - Mar 7 with 3444 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 17:02 - Mar 7 with 3438 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:34 - Mar 7 with 3421 viewstrampie

Yes I feed my birds in the garden but to fully answer the question of the opening post the birds in my garden also feed me.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 20:43]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:37 - Mar 7 with 3416 viewsDr_Winston

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 17:02 - Mar 7 by Darran

Loads of those in Singleton Park.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:43 - Mar 7 with 3403 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:37 - Mar 7 by Dr_Winston

Loads of those in Singleton Park.

They are not the same birds.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:55 - Mar 7 with 3391 viewsDr_Winston

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:43 - Mar 7 by Darran

Loads of those too.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:01 - Mar 7 with 3364 viewsNogginthenog

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:43 - Mar 7 by Darran

I often feed the ones in Singleton. They will feed from your hand.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:35 - Mar 20 with 3254 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:38 - Mar 20 with 3251 viewsDr_Winston

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:55 - Mar 28 with 3197 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:29 - Mar 28 with 3180 viewsmax936

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:23 - Feb 27 by Darran

You could fit many more in that wig of yours my friend think of how many more would survive the winters

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:40 - Mar 28 with 3175 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:29 - Mar 28 by max936

You could fit many more in that wig of yours my friend think of how many more would survive the winters

No need to ruin a very good thread Max.
Thanks in advance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024