Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Housing 21:05 - Jun 18 with 1142 viewsbonys_boner

Hi all just wandering if any of you guys can help me out.. I was claiming housing benefits and coucil tax last year For 5 months due to me and the mrs only finding part time work.. So in December last year the wife got a job with the nhs.. We didn't contact guildhall the following month as the wife didn't know what she was gonna earn. So we waited that month till she had her payslip. We took payslip down in person everything was fine as we wanted to stop the claim . Now they are taking further action as we didn't notify them straight away. Any help would be great ta
Housing on 21:23 - Jun 18 with 1105 viewsLord_Bony

I helped an elderly,vulnerable person a few years back with similar.

NO 1 APPEAL get it done with in 30 days of your letter or your screwed.

No2 stretch the appeal as long as you can and make a pain of yourself.

Eventually they ll get tired and back down. Doubt it will get that far though.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Housing on 21:33 - Jun 18 with 1085 viewsbonys_boner

Housing on 21:23 - Jun 18 by Lord_Bony

I helped an elderly,vulnerable person a few years back with similar.

NO 1 APPEAL get it done with in 30 days of your letter or your screwed.

No2 stretch the appeal as long as you can and make a pain of yourself.

Eventually they ll get tired and back down. Doubt it will get that far though.

Thank you mate.. But they want to interview the wife so she got an interview.. (recorded) weve started paying the overpayment last month 50 pound a month. Can't see such fuss?
Housing on 21:38 - Jun 18 with 1070 viewsJackoBoostardo

And yet the people who are claiming benefits dishonestly are never caught?!

Pretty fukked up if you ask me!

Anyway - appeal it. I don't see you did anything wrong and you acted with honesty in providing the paperwork in person. Personally I have no experience of benefits (paid into the system all my life but not entitled to any) and not helped anyone previously in the same way as Lord has, but surely someone there has common sense!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Housing on 21:54 - Jun 18 with 1042 viewsLord_Bony

You will only have to pay back money for the period your wife was working and your circumstances changed. Yes of course they are entitled to claim this back.

But if they intend to prosecute they can only do this if they found out your wife was working and you did nt notify them. If you explained the above to them previously as you said then there should be no problem as all calls are recorded anyway.

The Citizens Advice Bureau is a good port of call for anyone with questions.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2014 21:57]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Housing on 12:47 - Jun 19 with 932 viewsCatullus

I'm not disputing LB's advice, but the C.A.B is the best place for you.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024