Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ynysforgan roundabout 01:23 - Jun 23 with 14673 viewstruckjack

Right then, lets start a road rage thread!

Just answer with your opinion, what lane should you take on the slip road when leaving the Eastbound M4 Motorway at J45 Ynysforgan if you want to go to Swansea/Liberty direction on the A4067?
Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:23 - Jun 24 with 2457 viewsScotia

Sorry I'm obviously missing something here?
Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? I use the right hand lane, I've never noticed a huge queue, followed the road markings and ended up in the middle lane under the motorway bridge. I've never cut anyone up, and nobody has cut me up.
the sign says you can use the right lane, or the left hand lane. Or is it to be interpreted that you staddle the lane?
Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:21 - Jun 24 with 2429 viewscosy121

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:05 - Jun 23 by Natterjack

The only way to solve the Ynysforgan roundabout's problem is to ban women and old people from driving on it.

I live local to this roundabout,from the slip road you can use either lane.If you are in the left lane STAY LEFT. The right lane stay RIGHT.I drive a range rover sport so i can do what i like.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:26 - Jun 24 with 2425 viewsVetchitBack

Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:21 - Jun 24 by cosy121

I live local to this roundabout,from the slip road you can use either lane.If you are in the left lane STAY LEFT. The right lane stay RIGHT.I drive a range rover sport so i can do what i like.

Possibly the most pompous post I've seen on Planet Swans. Quite an acheivement.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 11:05 - Jun 24 with 2413 viewsEbo

Ynysforgan roundabout on 08:38 - Jun 24 by Andy1300

Another example of why people should follow the signs and road markings.

It's really not that hard to do

It is an accident waiting to happen. The congestion around there at 5:30-6pm is incredible. Never had this when there was a box junction.

It's a free for all and road marking mean phuck all to be honest in that area.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Ynysforgan roundabout on 12:41 - Jun 24 with 2392 viewsNogginthenog

Ynysforgan roundabout on 08:37 - Jun 24 by Andy1300

Things can and do change so we need to adapt with the changes and not do what we believe to be correct.

That's why there are signs to tell us which lanes to use.

That's an alien concept to many drivers!

I am aware that things move on and having driven for the past 42 years with no points on my licence I consider myself a good driver. I was merely stating what happened when I was learning.

I have adjusted with the times and in fact I subscribe to regular updates from the Driving standards Agency, to keep abreast of changes to the Highway Code. There needs to be a modicum of common sense to prevail at roundabouts for all the traffic to keep moving freely. What really annoys me is that traffic lights on roundabouts are on all the time. When the rush hour is over there is absolutely no need for them.

Ii also think that offsetting the approaches to roundabouts to make us slow down is a great idea but it has led to people often choosing wrong lanes and cutting each other up on the exits.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 14:14 - Jun 24 with 2370 viewsItchySphincter

Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:11 - Jun 24 by Andy1300

I think it's you that cannot read, please go back to the very start and read ALL of my comments.

Yeah, we get it now, you're the king of Ynysforgan roundabout and the rest of us offering opinions in a thread in which the OP request "opinions" are just plebs who don't know how to read signs. Congratulations. Maybe you should try reading the OP again eh?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 16:32 - Jun 24 with 2361 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 14:14 - Jun 24 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, we get it now, you're the king of Ynysforgan roundabout and the rest of us offering opinions in a thread in which the OP request "opinions" are just plebs who don't know how to read signs. Congratulations. Maybe you should try reading the OP again eh?

I gave an opinion and reinforced the correct way to use the roundabout thats all
[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 16:34]

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 19:00 - Jun 24 with 2334 viewsjack_lord

Ynysforgan roundabout on 14:46 - Jun 23 by Clydachjack

It's simple, left hand lane for Clydach and bypass, right hand lane then move to middle Lane on roundabout, then move to either of the left hand lanes to go to liberty.

Number of times been cut up coming from Swansea with people in the left Lane wanting to go right towards Cardiff.

But it takes ages in the left hand lane at home time if you are going up the Swansea Valley, the right hand lane is so much quicker.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Ynysforgan roundabout on 19:19 - Jun 24 with 2328 viewsNeath_Jack

Ynysforgan roundabout on 14:14 - Jun 24 by ItchySphincter

Hard to argue with that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ynysforgan roundabout on 05:02 - Jun 25 with 2273 viewstruckjack

The correct answer is both lanes as pointed out by posters clearly on page 1 of the thread included an image of one of the two road signs that advise the lanes to use! God help some people if they ever have to drive in a strange city, you need to slow down and open your eyes and read the road signs.

This roundabout is two lane entry and two lane exit, its got nothing to do with some imaginary clock you may use on single carriageway roundabouts. Local people have somehow failed to read the road signs from day one of this section of the roundabout and follow each other like dumb sheep. It has been planned this way to reduce congestion from backing up towards the motorway and speed up travel times through here.

Do us a favour people, next time you travel down that slip road, slow down a little, open your eyes and read the huge road signs and come back here to report your findings. One is half way down the slip road on the left (usually buried behind trees) and the other is directly in front of you when joining the roundabout. Both signs show that both lanes should be used to go towards Swansea, with a dotted line to separate each lane. Both lanes then continue parallel to each other around the roundabout and exit onto the A4067 past Riverside caravan park.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:34 - Jun 25 with 2256 viewsDr_Winston

You can tell it's the close season. A three page thread on a roundabout.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:46 - Jun 25 with 2252 views1jack

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:34 - Jun 25 by Dr_Winston

You can tell it's the close season. A three page thread on a roundabout.

We've got to argue about something.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 08:43 - Jun 25 with 2232 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 05:02 - Jun 25 by truckjack

The correct answer is both lanes as pointed out by posters clearly on page 1 of the thread included an image of one of the two road signs that advise the lanes to use! God help some people if they ever have to drive in a strange city, you need to slow down and open your eyes and read the road signs.

This roundabout is two lane entry and two lane exit, its got nothing to do with some imaginary clock you may use on single carriageway roundabouts. Local people have somehow failed to read the road signs from day one of this section of the roundabout and follow each other like dumb sheep. It has been planned this way to reduce congestion from backing up towards the motorway and speed up travel times through here.

Do us a favour people, next time you travel down that slip road, slow down a little, open your eyes and read the huge road signs and come back here to report your findings. One is half way down the slip road on the left (usually buried behind trees) and the other is directly in front of you when joining the roundabout. Both signs show that both lanes should be used to go towards Swansea, with a dotted line to separate each lane. Both lanes then continue parallel to each other around the roundabout and exit onto the A4067 past Riverside caravan park.

Welcome to my Kingdom.... lol.

I look forward to sharing the roundabout with you one day, at least we know which lanes to use

[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 8:44]

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 15:12 - Jul 16 with 1400 viewsChief

On this roundabout, any idea what the memorial stone isset just off the roundabout but under the m4 itself between the slip road onto the m4 Westbound and the slip road with traffic joining from the m4 East bound. Its quite near the footbridge path.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ynysforgan roundabout on 21:27 - Jul 16 with 1317 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Ynysforgan roundabout on 15:12 - Jul 16 by Chief

On this roundabout, any idea what the memorial stone isset just off the roundabout but under the m4 itself between the slip road onto the m4 Westbound and the slip road with traffic joining from the m4 East bound. Its quite near the footbridge path.

It's to commemorate the opening of the M4.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:07 - Jul 16 with 1274 viewsChief

Ynysforgan roundabout on 21:27 - Jul 16 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

Have you made that up?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:19 - Jul 16 with 1266 viewsDr_Winston

Being a fairly newish driver who mostly uses it in a North/South direction it feels fairly straightforward to me. Much less of a pain in the arse than the Wychtree Roundabout or the one by the Coopers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:20 - Jul 16 with 1266 viewslonglostjack

Ynysforgan roundabout on 21:27 - Jul 16 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

The Ynysforgan bus stop ! Remember as a kid in the seventies walking from Glyncollen Crescent where my grandmother lived and catching the bus from there to the game. As for the roundabout....😩

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ynysforgan roundabout on 08:22 - Jul 17 with 1197 viewsexhmrc1

I believe it was the graveyard that was there before the M4 was built
Ynysforgan roundabout on 12:21 - Jul 17 with 1146 viewsladyjack

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:09 - Jun 23 by Andy1300

Both lanes, then follow the dots on the road and read the bloody huge sign infront of you as you enter the roundabout.

Had so many people have a go at me because I correctly use the left hand lane and follow the correct lane around the roundabout.

Most seem to be oblivious to the correct lanes to use, they swap from right lane on slip road to left lane on roundabout then back to right lane to head toward the liberty.

From your comments do you feel if you are putting yourself in danger by driving in the left hand lane and effectively going right towards Swansea ?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 12:23]
Ynysforgan roundabout on 13:29 - Jul 17 with 1120 viewsPhil_S

The roundabout is one of the clearest signed ones you can get. The road signs are clear both upright and on the road, the lane markings clearly show what you should be doing.

The inability of people to read, understand and use them is what causes the problems.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 13:33 - Jul 17 with 1116 viewsNotLoyal

Ynysforgan roundabout on 13:29 - Jul 17 by Phil_S

The roundabout is one of the clearest signed ones you can get. The road signs are clear both upright and on the road, the lane markings clearly show what you should be doing.

The inability of people to read, understand and use them is what causes the problems.

Bit like life mate. This is good mind, it leaves lots of spaces for the more brighter individual to shine and make very good progress.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ynysforgan roundabout on 15:19 - Jul 17 with 1068 viewsSTID2017

Or option B:

Turn off at Morriston Hospital turnoff and come through Brynhyfryd to the stadium

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024