Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ynysforgan roundabout 01:23 - Jun 23 with 14716 viewstruckjack

Right then, lets start a road rage thread!

Just answer with your opinion, what lane should you take on the slip road when leaving the Eastbound M4 Motorway at J45 Ynysforgan if you want to go to Swansea/Liberty direction on the A4067?
Ynysforgan roundabout on 17:56 - Jun 23 with 3306 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 06:35 - Jun 23 by Scotia

I think it's the right hand side lane on the slip road and the middle lane on the roundabout, I think its marked though. You do see some numpties on there though.

this part....

"I think it's the right hand side lane on the slip road and the middle lane on the roundabout "

if you are in the right hand lane on slip road you should use inside lane on roundabout

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 21:36 - Jun 23 with 3258 viewsClydachjack

A national paper ran a poll on the worst roundabout junction in the UK, this came second only to spaghetti junction.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 21:47 - Jun 23 with 3253 viewsScotia

Ynysforgan roundabout on 17:56 - Jun 23 by Andy1300

this part....

"I think it's the right hand side lane on the slip road and the middle lane on the roundabout "

if you are in the right hand lane on slip road you should use inside lane on roundabout

What to go into the two lanes heading to swansea?

The inside lane on the roundabout is for morriston past lidl and crc? Unless you want to go back on the m4.

Middle lane for swansea if you want to avoid the junction blockers?
Ynysforgan roundabout on 21:56 - Jun 23 with 3247 viewsJackSomething

I'm somewhat concerned that so many people who have presumably passed their test are unable to read a sign or follow road markings.

For those struggling, there is a link on this thread showing the sign.

I drove home this way tonight and can confirm what I already knew. If you take the right land on the slip road, the road markings lead you to either, A4067 to Swansea (in the right of the two lanes), road to Morriston Hospital, back on to M4 or back around roundabout.

It may make no sense, but that's the way it is.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:28 - Jun 23 with 3233 viewsMillJack

On a similar note, but at a different roundabout, if you're travelling past the Liberty on the A4067 towards Morriston and reach the 'Coopers Roundabout' which lane should you be in to take Ffordd Cwm Tawe toward Morriston/Clydach.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:34 - Jun 23 with 3228 viewsClydachjack

Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:28 - Jun 23 by MillJack

On a similar note, but at a different roundabout, if you're travelling past the Liberty on the A4067 towards Morriston and reach the 'Coopers Roundabout' which lane should you be in to take Ffordd Cwm Tawe toward Morriston/Clydach.

Both lanes, if you enter roundabout in right hand lane then exit onto bypass in right hand lane.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:38 - Jun 23 with 3226 viewsMillJack

Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:34 - Jun 23 by Clydachjack

Both lanes, if you enter roundabout in right hand lane then exit onto bypass in right hand lane.

I can't get my head around people using the left lane to take the Ffordd Cwm Tawe turning, even though I see it done every day. There are 3 left turns before you get to your turn off, surely the left lane would be for any one of those three?
Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:41 - Jun 23 with 3222 viewsClydachjack

Think it might be something to do with the slip road on that bypass being on the right hand side.
Login to get fewer ads

Ynysforgan roundabout on 22:59 - Jun 23 with 3214 viewsSwanseajill

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:05 - Jun 23 by Natterjack

The only way to solve the Ynysforgan roundabout's problem is to ban women and old people from driving on it.

Surely you mean young men? absolute maniacs behind a wheel.
Twice today I had near misses when a ..young man approaching a roundabout, driving one handed as his other hand was stuck to his ear.
Idiots in charge of killing machines.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:17 - Jun 23 with 3205 viewsrob

Pah! Just take the lane with less traffic and move into the lane you need once on the roundabout (whatever junction I am using), that's what I do, especially in the morning when it can take 30mins to get around it. It's perfectly safe if you indicate correctly and are courteous.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:23 - Jun 23 with 3194 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 21:47 - Jun 23 by Scotia

What to go into the two lanes heading to swansea?

The inside lane on the roundabout is for morriston past lidl and crc? Unless you want to go back on the m4.

Middle lane for swansea if you want to avoid the junction blockers?

Take a look at the link on page 1, press the arrows and follow the road markings.

You move into inside lane of 4 as you enter roundabout then little dotted lines direct you to the 2 outside lanes between M4 east entry slip and M4 west exit slip.

It really isn't that hard to follow road signs and markings instead of "doing what you think is right"

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:24 - Jun 23 with 3187 viewsItchySphincter

Taking the left hand lane when you are effectively going right is bizarre to me, markings or not and polarised with the teachings of the highway code if my fading memory serves me right. Left lane for left turns, or first exit if you like - in the case of Ynysforgan first two. Right lane for straight ahead and right turns with blinkers on. Lack of common sense is the biggest enemy at roundabouts.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:28 - Jun 23 with 3186 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:24 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

Taking the left hand lane when you are effectively going right is bizarre to me, markings or not and polarised with the teachings of the highway code if my fading memory serves me right. Left lane for left turns, or first exit if you like - in the case of Ynysforgan first two. Right lane for straight ahead and right turns with blinkers on. Lack of common sense is the biggest enemy at roundabouts.

Or....do what road signs advise and you will be fine

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:45 - Jun 23 with 3173 viewsNatterjack

If everyone queued in the right lane only to go right, the tailback at Ysysforgan would be back to Gorseinon at rush hour.

There's a reason for them asking to use both lanes as at other roundabouts (eg West & East slip roads @ Llandarcy going to Neath)
Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:47 - Jun 23 with 3173 viewsNogginthenog

When i was learning to drive many moons ago, we were taught the following, when approaching a roundabout if you are going to take a turning to the left of 12 oclock dead ahead, you should always use the left hand lane, if you are going more than 12 oclock take the right hand lane. It appears that this rule no longer applies anywhere on this earth.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:58 - Jun 23 with 2963 viewsItchySphincter

Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:45 - Jun 23 by Natterjack

If everyone queued in the right lane only to go right, the tailback at Ysysforgan would be back to Gorseinon at rush hour.

There's a reason for them asking to use both lanes as at other roundabouts (eg West & East slip roads @ Llandarcy going to Neath)

Yes, that's why there are signs advising what you do is counter intuitive.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:59 - Jun 23 with 2962 viewsItchySphincter

Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:47 - Jun 23 by Nogginthenog

When i was learning to drive many moons ago, we were taught the following, when approaching a roundabout if you are going to take a turning to the left of 12 oclock dead ahead, you should always use the left hand lane, if you are going more than 12 oclock take the right hand lane. It appears that this rule no longer applies anywhere on this earth.

Exactifugginmondo.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 00:17 - Jun 24 with 2964 viewsEbo

On the topic of roads in Swansea - SA1 junction - what a complete and utter nightmare. it's a free for all to turn left exiting SA1 over the bridge and the same coming from foxhole road turning right. Worse thing they ever did was getting rid of the box junction there.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Ynysforgan roundabout on 08:35 - Jun 24 with 2921 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:45 - Jun 23 by Natterjack

Exactly!

On the subject of the Highway Code...when was the last time any of us read it? I bet quite a bit has changed since.

There are so many more cars on the road now than when I passed 33 years ago.

Adapt to changes and things will be ok.

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 08:37 - Jun 24 with 2919 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 23:47 - Jun 23 by Nogginthenog

Things can and do change so we need to adapt with the changes and not do what we believe to be correct.

That's why there are signs to tell us which lanes to use.

That's an alien concept to many drivers!

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 08:38 - Jun 24 with 2917 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 00:17 - Jun 24 by Ebo

On the topic of roads in Swansea - SA1 junction - what a complete and utter nightmare. it's a free for all to turn left exiting SA1 over the bridge and the same coming from foxhole road turning right. Worse thing they ever did was getting rid of the box junction there.

Another example of why people should follow the signs and road markings.

It's really not that hard to do

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:01 - Jun 24 with 2908 viewsJackSomething

Ynysforgan roundabout on 08:38 - Jun 24 by Andy1300

Another example of why people should follow the signs and road markings.

It's really not that hard to do

Strange that you seem incapable of it then.

Can you read the sign. BOTH lanes are for A4067 to Swansea.

Iesu Mawr.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:11 - Jun 24 with 2898 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:01 - Jun 24 by JackSomething

Iesu Mawr.

I think it's you that cannot read, please go back to the very start and read ALL of my comments.

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:13 - Jun 24 with 2893 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:01 - Jun 24 by JackSomething

Iesu Mawr.

You have just had an epic fail there mate....ha ha

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:21 - Jun 24 with 2875 viewsJackSomething

Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:11 - Jun 24 by Andy1300

I think it's you that cannot read, please go back to the very start and read ALL of my comments.

Apologies, this thread has gone on too long, I forgot you did advocate using both lanes.

I thought you were saying that those in the left lane of the slip road could choose either of the two lanes to Swansea, which I can now see you didn't and we actually seem to be in agreement.

Apologies again, I'll admit I was wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024