Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rivalries and derbies 09:24 - Jun 25 with 5101 viewstherealme

Apart from those lot up the road, who do you consider our rivals and derby matches? If anyone?

I would say a rivalry is temporary, derbies forever (and based more on location)

The two Bristol clubs? Newport?

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Rivalries and derbies on 09:40 - Jun 25 with 4044 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Geographically yes. In the here and now I supposed we've moved on to Villa and West Brom.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rivalries and derbies on 11:52 - Jun 25 with 3937 viewsScoobyWho

Rivalries and derbies on 09:40 - Jun 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Geographically yes. In the here and now I supposed we've moved on to Villa and West Brom.

Obviously Cardiff have the smaller less known teams as rivals, like Rotherham etc. I agree as the premier team in wales, fourth season in the PL etc .. we have rivalry now with the likes of WBA. and Villa, unlike Cardiff as they are in a much lower league and haven't got the infrastructure to sustain premier league football. I see them more as a pitiful rival, they stepped up to fight with big brother, and after one swing they fell and got knocked out, and when you are the best like we are, its hard to class a loser of that magnitude as a rival.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Rivalries and derbies on 11:57 - Jun 25 with 3921 viewsLeonisGod

I'd say rivalry is lasting and derbies are temporary. We won't have derby matches this season, but that lot up the road and Bristol clubs remain our rivals. Depends his you define 'rival'. To me it's a club we have an 'edge' with.

We are making 'progress' with WBA and Stoke, but it's more a general dislike of their fans than a deeper rivalry. I don't see Villa standing out for any particular reason.
Rivalries and derbies on 12:03 - Jun 25 with 3913 viewsCatullus

Our rivals (to me) are anybody we come up against in whichever competition we enter.
We do have an intense rivalry with Cardiff, but we won't play them for at least another season.
I can't be calling the next nearest team our rival and consider it a derby when they aren't even in the same country.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rivalries and derbies on 12:37 - Jun 25 with 3853 viewsairedale

The only team I'm mad keen to beat every season in the PL is Everton.
Rivalries and derbies on 15:59 - Jun 25 with 3744 viewsRogueTrooper

QPR, I know they are miles away, but they are just as swivel eyed and up themselves as Cardiff, but, with an even stupider accent. They have little time for us as we have been far more succesful than them since we came up to the prem, and can't understand how we have done so well without buying every ageing long ball merchant that has priced themselves out of a realistic market.

Very much a green eyed monster thing going on there. Although I do pity, rather than dislike them, unlike their redtit brothers down here who are basically pond life
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 16:07]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Rivalries and derbies on 16:07 - Jun 25 with 3719 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Cardiff and England appear to be the two teams Swansea supporters dislike the most.

Anyone trying to pass off West Brom, Villa or Stoke as one of our rivals is clutching at straws.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Rivalries and derbies on 16:10 - Jun 25 with 3712 viewspencoedjack

Rivalries and derbies on 11:52 - Jun 25 by ScoobyWho

Obviously Cardiff have the smaller less known teams as rivals, like Rotherham etc. I agree as the premier team in wales, fourth season in the PL etc .. we have rivalry now with the likes of WBA. and Villa, unlike Cardiff as they are in a much lower league and haven't got the infrastructure to sustain premier league football. I see them more as a pitiful rival, they stepped up to fight with big brother, and after one swing they fell and got knocked out, and when you are the best like we are, its hard to class a loser of that magnitude as a rival.

Nice post
Login to get fewer ads

Rivalries and derbies on 16:14 - Jun 25 with 3700 viewsC_jack

This season I will be mainly directing my disgust towards Leicester and QPR.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Rivalries and derbies on 18:00 - Jun 25 with 3614 viewsdan_swansea

Cardiff and only Cardiff. F**k everyone else. Oh and f**k Cardiff too.

Poll: Safe standing; what's your thoughts?

Rivalries and derbies on 18:03 - Jun 25 with 3608 viewsNeath_Jack

Only the vermin for me. I dislike QPR, but that's about it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Rivalries and derbies on 19:02 - Jun 25 with 3533 viewscockett_jack

Only Cardiff for me too in terms of the club's overall real derby/rivalry.

Bristol is too far away. I remember my first visit to Ashton Gate and afterwards being disappointed, definitely didn't feel like a derby game.

Personally in terms of our main rivals of late I'd say it was Norwich until we out-survived them. Have a feeling West Ham maybe could be the new league rival.
Rivalries and derbies on 21:47 - Jun 25 with 3455 viewsBovi

We only have rivalries now and that's against all the other teams in the premier league. I say that because we have left Cardiff behind in our wake. As a club we are head and shoulders above them in the way we are run, the style of football and the behaviour of our fans compared to theirs.

I look at the results of Villa, WBA, Newcastle etc etc because their results do have a bearing on our league position. Cardiff had their one season in the sun and were found wanting. What they do in the lower leagues is totally irrelevant to us. They will of course be our local derby but the way that club is run I suspect it may be many years before they play us again.

I actually pity them rather than hate them. I think pitying them is far worse for their fans to stomach than hating them. I'd be mortified if they pity'd us, a football club must have to be a total shambles for their local rivals to have evolved past the stages of hating and then laughing at them. Pitying them is the final stage of their humiliation on the road to ruin

What's wrong with saying Mong's ?

Rivalries and derbies on 10:23 - Jun 26 with 3370 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff. But if we drew either of the Bristol clubs in a cup I would consider them as derby rivals. Newport fans seem to like us more than they do Cardiff.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rivalries and derbies on 11:27 - Jun 26 with 3338 viewsScoobyWho

Rivalries and derbies on 10:23 - Jun 26 by builthjack

Cardiff. But if we drew either of the Bristol clubs in a cup I would consider them as derby rivals. Newport fans seem to like us more than they do Cardiff.

Mind you we had a little event with them in the FA cup,if I recall :-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Rivalries and derbies on 20:15 - Jun 26 with 3231 viewsScoobyDoo

Rivalries and derbies on 21:47 - Jun 25 by Bovi

We only have rivalries now and that's against all the other teams in the premier league. I say that because we have left Cardiff behind in our wake. As a club we are head and shoulders above them in the way we are run, the style of football and the behaviour of our fans compared to theirs.

I look at the results of Villa, WBA, Newcastle etc etc because their results do have a bearing on our league position. Cardiff had their one season in the sun and were found wanting. What they do in the lower leagues is totally irrelevant to us. They will of course be our local derby but the way that club is run I suspect it may be many years before they play us again.

I actually pity them rather than hate them. I think pitying them is far worse for their fans to stomach than hating them. I'd be mortified if they pity'd us, a football club must have to be a total shambles for their local rivals to have evolved past the stages of hating and then laughing at them. Pitying them is the final stage of their humiliation on the road to ruin

You actually pity us? What a load of old b*llocks. Is that like the time some of your diehards were outside Ninian Park with begging buckets sunshine? I actually respect those guys as they swallowed their pride for their club and believe it or not collected a few bob. Now were you around then or are you part of the new crop?
Rivalries and derbies on 20:22 - Jun 26 with 3221 viewspencoedjack

Rivalries and derbies on 20:15 - Jun 26 by ScoobyDoo

You actually pity us? What a load of old b*llocks. Is that like the time some of your diehards were outside Ninian Park with begging buckets sunshine? I actually respect those guys as they swallowed their pride for their club and believe it or not collected a few bob. Now were you around then or are you part of the new crop?

If every Bassey who says they chucked money in the bucket really did, we'd be richer than Man City.

I also feel pity for your once proud club.
Rivalries and derbies on 20:26 - Jun 26 with 3209 viewsOldjack

Rivalries and derbies on 20:22 - Jun 26 by pencoedjack

If every Bassey who says they chucked money in the bucket really did, we'd be richer than Man City.

No pity from me ,they deserve everything horrible that falls upon them in the future, they also represent everything that's rotten with the beautiful game ,fuk em! and all who sail with them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Rivalries and derbies on 20:29 - Jun 26 with 3204 viewsScoobyDoo

Rivalries and derbies on 20:22 - Jun 26 by pencoedjack

Whether they did or not are you saying it didn't happen?

By the way, you won't believe this but i did contribute, as i pitied you.

Mind we haven't stooped so low , yet.
Rivalries and derbies on 20:30 - Jun 26 with 3198 viewsScoobyDoo

Rivalries and derbies on 20:26 - Jun 26 by Oldjack

No pity from me ,they deserve everything horrible that falls upon them in the future, they also represent everything that's rotten with the beautiful game ,fuk em! and all who sail with them

Well said you old fart, although we did pity you.
Rivalries and derbies on 20:32 - Jun 26 with 3191 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Rivalries and derbies on 20:29 - Jun 26 by ScoobyDoo

Whether they did or not are you saying it didn't happen?

By the way, you won't believe this but i did contribute, as i pitied you.

Mind we haven't stooped so low , yet.

Please don't judge all Swansea City supporters on the basis of people like NewJack and Bovi.

Most intelligent Swansea supporters realise that some of your more dignified and mature fans did help us in those dark days and are grateful.

That being said, I hope you are relegated next season and struggle desperately in the lower divisions and sort your current mess out before you rise up again. You are after all the only rivals we have.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Rivalries and derbies on 20:35 - Jun 26 with 3189 viewsScoobyDoo

Rivalries and derbies on 20:32 - Jun 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Please don't judge all Swansea City supporters on the basis of people like NewJack and Bovi.

Most intelligent Swansea supporters realise that some of your more dignified and mature fans did help us in those dark days and are grateful.

That being said, I hope you are relegated next season and struggle desperately in the lower divisions and sort your current mess out before you rise up again. You are after all the only rivals we have.

Absolutely no problem with that Dwight, feeling is extremely mutual.
Rivalries and derbies on 20:42 - Jun 26 with 3173 viewsOldjack

Rivalries and derbies on 20:32 - Jun 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rise up I and many many others really hope they disappear up their own red arse's son ,it must be your age son

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Rivalries and derbies on 20:47 - Jun 26 with 3160 viewsScoobyDoo

Rivalries and derbies on 20:42 - Jun 26 by Oldjack

Rise up I and many many others really hope they disappear up their own red arse's son ,it must be your age son

When he said the most intelligent Swansea supporters i don't think he had you in the forefront of his mind you old goat.
Rivalries and derbies on 20:51 - Jun 26 with 3146 viewsOldjack

Rivalries and derbies on 20:47 - Jun 26 by ScoobyDoo

When he said the most intelligent Swansea supporters i don't think he had you in the forefront of his mind you old goat.

It's got fuk all to do with brains brainless ,it's all about passion for your team and our little boy Dwight painfully lacks it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024