Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New deal for Wayne ? 10:06 - Jul 9 with 5444 viewsmidswan

Being reported that talks in hand to extend/renew current deal. What do you think ? For me its well deserved,did as much as anyone when the going got tough at the end of the season and was arguably better still season before. I reckon hes found his 'home' here...
New deal for Wayne ? on 10:08 - Jul 9 with 4602 viewsMattG

Definitely deserved. Got the short end of the stick for quite long spells under Rodgers but has really come to the party since getting a decent run in the team.
New deal for Wayne ? on 10:22 - Jul 9 with 4540 viewsJackoBoostardo

Routs does the job brilliantly - great to get this deal tied up sharpish.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

New deal for Wayne ? on 10:30 - Jul 9 with 4505 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New deal for Wayne ? on 10:22 - Jul 9 by JackoBoostardo

Routs does the job brilliantly - great to get this deal tied up sharpish.

If there was anyone who "rolled up their sleeves" and played for the shirt last season it was Routledge. Delighted for him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New deal for Wayne ? on 10:37 - Jul 9 with 4484 viewsDrizzy

New deal for Wayne ? on 10:30 - Jul 9 by Brynmill_Jack

If there was anyone who "rolled up their sleeves" and played for the shirt last season it was Routledge. Delighted for him

Any more clichés for us, Bryn?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

New deal for Wayne ? on 10:43 - Jul 9 with 4459 viewsicecoldjack

Routs deserves it IMO.

Has done well under brenden ,laudrup and monk . Fair to say he progressed under laudrup but of course his talent has always been There.

I hope he is happy to sign on here for a few more years.

Why hasnt anybody Made a you tube video of his skills? Has has done some different class flicks,tricks and moves on some of the best in the prem league and europe .

Somebody needs to put it all together on a video me thinks . Perhaps a little bit under apreiciated by the masses but that is starting to change now.
Well done wayne !
New deal for Wayne ? on 10:57 - Jul 9 with 4425 viewsBrockley_Jack

Top player who is another who has been unlucky with England. Glides past players with such grace.
New deal for Wayne ? on 11:33 - Jul 9 with 4326 viewsJokeren1943

Was with Michu the Swansea player of the year in the 2012/2013 season.
Last season (2013/2014) he was average.

But he is quality. A super deal.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 11:44]
New deal for Wayne ? on 11:43 - Jul 9 with 4299 viewsItchySphincter

As natural footballers go Wayne is right up there, great positional sense and skill, sees more than his fair share of the ball. His final product has slowly improved since he's been here too, seems a nice honest Swansea type footballer.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

New deal for Wayne ? on 11:51 - Jul 9 with 4279 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New deal for Wayne ? on 10:37 - Jul 9 by Drizzy

Any more clichés for us, Bryn?

Oh dear, you really are obsessed aren't you.

New deal for Wayne ? on 11:54 - Jul 9 with 4265 viewsItchySphincter

Looks like you've got you're very own little troll Brynnie. He'll be back in his box soon, he hasn't got the staying power.

Watch him come after me now........

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:05 - Jul 9 with 4217 viewsFitzy

It's a shame to see this thread become a slanging match between certain posters who cannot let go of personal vendettas.

Regarding the Wayne Routledge contract I don't see a pressing need to renew a 29 year old winger who has 2 years left on his current deal. Very good player but I don't think he'll be starting beyond next season. He has little re-sale value due to his age so the best option would be just letting him run his contract down if he wants a significant pay rise. A one year extension on similar terms would be welcomed but that's about it.
New deal for Wayne ? on 12:06 - Jul 9 with 4214 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New deal for Wayne ? on 11:54 - Jul 9 by ItchySphincter

Looks like you've got you're very own little troll Brynnie. He'll be back in his box soon, he hasn't got the staying power.

Watch him come after me now........

Well, be careful he doesn't include you in his homoerotic fantasies. He appears to be a very disturbed young boy

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:10 - Jul 9 with 4190 viewsFitzy

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:06 - Jul 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Well, be careful he doesn't include you in his homoerotic fantasies. He appears to be a very disturbed young boy

Hi, Brynmill_Jack.

Is it possible to stick to the topic of Wayne Neville Anthony Routledge's contract? I believe there is a non-football board for your juvenile musings.

Kind regards,

Fitzy
New deal for Wayne ? on 12:21 - Jul 9 with 4152 viewsHighjack

"It's a shame to see this thread become a slanging match between certain posters who cannot let go of personal vendettas. "

No it's not, it's the rock that this board has been built on for the best part of 10 years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:24 - Jul 9 with 4134 viewsStarsky

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:05 - Jul 9 by Fitzy

It's a shame to see this thread become a slanging match between certain posters who cannot let go of personal vendettas.

Regarding the Wayne Routledge contract I don't see a pressing need to renew a 29 year old winger who has 2 years left on his current deal. Very good player but I don't think he'll be starting beyond next season. He has little re-sale value due to his age so the best option would be just letting him run his contract down if he wants a significant pay rise. A one year extension on similar terms would be welcomed but that's about it.

Regarding the topic being discussed. There's a lot of sense in what you posted there. My only worry is with all the new players coming in and Ash's recent pay hike, maybe his salary package is now lagging behind.
I don't want to see an unsettled Routledge playing for us this season.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 12:25]

It's just the internet, init.

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:30 - Jul 9 with 4111 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:10 - Jul 9 by Fitzy

Hi, Brynmill_Jack.

Is it possible to stick to the topic of Wayne Neville Anthony Routledge's contract? I believe there is a non-football board for your juvenile musings.

Kind regards,

Fitzy

Hiya !!!!

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:32 - Jul 9 with 4099 viewsStarsky

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:30 - Jul 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Hiya !!!!

How are you ... Cliche man... Snort..

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:35 - Jul 9 with 4084 viewsFitzy

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:24 - Jul 9 by Starsky

Regarding the topic being discussed. There's a lot of sense in what you posted there. My only worry is with all the new players coming in and Ash's recent pay hike, maybe his salary package is now lagging behind.
I don't want to see an unsettled Routledge playing for us this season.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 12:25]

I believe Wayne Routledge is a professional and will act as such no matter what the situation with his contract. I would like to reiterate that I believe he's a wonderful player but the club should not be held ransom by players in his situation. He's probably worthy of a reasonable salary increase, factoring in the club's increased revenue, but no more.

If we cannot agree a deal that is team friendly then we should hold him to his contract. Every contract we negotiate from now on will be used as a bargaining tool for agents, as you alluded to with the Ashley Williams situation.
New deal for Wayne ? on 12:40 - Jul 9 with 4060 viewsStarsky

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:35 - Jul 9 by Fitzy

I believe Wayne Routledge is a professional and will act as such no matter what the situation with his contract. I would like to reiterate that I believe he's a wonderful player but the club should not be held ransom by players in his situation. He's probably worthy of a reasonable salary increase, factoring in the club's increased revenue, but no more.

If we cannot agree a deal that is team friendly then we should hold him to his contract. Every contract we negotiate from now on will be used as a bargaining tool for agents, as you alluded to with the Ashley Williams situation.

Can't argue with any of that.

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:41 - Jul 9 with 4057 viewsFitzy

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:40 - Jul 9 by Starsky

Can't argue with any of that.

Thanks, Starsky. Have a fabulous day.
New deal for Wayne ? on 12:42 - Jul 9 with 4053 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:32 - Jul 9 by Starsky

How are you ... Cliche man... Snort..

Right as rain Dave

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:42 - Jul 9 with 4053 viewsMusical_Swan

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:35 - Jul 9 by Fitzy

Where does it say he's 'holding the club to ransom'? The way I read the op he was being offered the contract, probably due to his recent performances.
The guy has improved vastly in a Swans shirt and apparently deserves a pay rise. Shock Horror!!!!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:45 - Jul 9 with 4034 viewsFitzy

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:42 - Jul 9 by Musical_Swan

Where does it say he's 'holding the club to ransom'? The way I read the op he was being offered the contract, probably due to his recent performances.
The guy has improved vastly in a Swans shirt and apparently deserves a pay rise. Shock Horror!!!!

Nowhere. I'm merely stating that should he decide to hold the club to ransom, by using the Ashley Williams or Bafetimbi Gomis deal as a tool to extract a higher salary then we should not give in as it sets a bad precedent.

He has played well but I don't think it's really necessary to offer him a new deal when he already has two years remaining at the age of 29.
New deal for Wayne ? on 12:56 - Jul 9 with 3987 viewsMusical_Swan

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:45 - Jul 9 by Fitzy

Nowhere. I'm merely stating that should he decide to hold the club to ransom, by using the Ashley Williams or Bafetimbi Gomis deal as a tool to extract a higher salary then we should not give in as it sets a bad precedent.

He has played well but I don't think it's really necessary to offer him a new deal when he already has two years remaining at the age of 29.

You make a fair point but it's pretty redundant. If the club have chosen to bump up his contract then why would he refuse and ask for more?

I would agree with you if it was Routledge demanding a new contract, but this doesn't seem to be the case.l

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

New deal for Wayne ? on 13:02 - Jul 9 with 3964 viewsFitzy

New deal for Wayne ? on 12:56 - Jul 9 by Musical_Swan

You make a fair point but it's pretty redundant. If the club have chosen to bump up his contract then why would he refuse and ask for more?

I would agree with you if it was Routledge demanding a new contract, but this doesn't seem to be the case.l

You're asking me why a person would ask for more money in a contract negotiation. If Wayne, or his agent, feel there's an opportunity to obtain a larger wage due to our recent expensive dealings then they will take it.

It's very rare for a player with 2 years remaining on this deal to explicitly initiate the discussion of a new contract. Usually this is done through the threat of a transfer, Christian Benteke last season was a prime example of this.

My point isn't a criticism of Routledge at all. It's simply a manifesting concern over the long-term consequences of some of the large contracts we've reportedly negotiated this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024