Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going to play DM against United? 15:09 - Jul 28 with 9003 viewsJokeren1943

Who is going to play defensive midfielder for Swansea against Manchester United - since Britton has a knee injury)?

Canas - or can Amat (or Ki) do the job ?

[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 15:12]
Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:13 - Jul 28 with 5861 viewsDarran

Ki can sit in front of the back four.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:15 - Jul 28 with 5844 viewsSwan91

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:13 - Jul 28 by Darran

Ki most likely.
Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:18 - Jul 28 with 5826 viewsJohnw102

Jordi Amat would be my bet to play.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:20 - Jul 28 with 5812 viewsFar_Post

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Amat Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Montero

Bony

That would be my line up as things stand, one or two more signings, especially at right back would make that line up look stronger again.

Blog: The C Word

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:22 - Jul 28 with 5786 viewscontroversial_jack

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:20 - Jul 28 by Far_Post

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Amat Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Montero

Bony

That would be my line up as things stand, one or two more signings, especially at right back would make that line up look stronger again.

No Routledge or Chico?
Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:30 - Jul 28 with 5742 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:18 - Jul 28 by Johnw102

Jordi Amat would be my bet to play.

No pace. Be better off putting Chico there.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:31 - Jul 28 with 5738 viewspencoedjack

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Amat Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Montero

Bony

That would be my side with the exception of Routs for Dyer ...
Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:33 - Jul 28 with 5733 viewsoldcob

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Amat Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Montero

Bony

what about Gomis?
Login to get fewer ads

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:38 - Jul 28 with 5678 viewsZut_Alors

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:33 - Jul 28 by oldcob

what about Gomis?

Think he'll get a start in the first home game, but against UTD, we'll go 1 up top.
Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:40 - Jul 28 with 5680 viewsJokeren1943

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Amat Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Montero

Bony

Monk will play it save against United and use the core of players he used in spring.

Against a group of strong offensive players from United having Ki as defensive midfielder do not make sense, since Ki only play that position because Shelvey/Guzman are preferred as central midfielders.

If we do not take control of the midfielder against United we will lose. Canas is since Britton is injured by far our best player on that position. - But Monk will proberly use Amat.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 15:41]
Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:47 - Jul 28 with 5639 viewsstidjack

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Chico Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Routs

Bony

Bench - Gomis, Montero, Donnelly, Amat, Tiendalli, Bartley, Tremmel

yeah well you know that's just like your opinion man.

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:51 - Jul 28 with 5621 viewsSwan91

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Amat Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Montero

Bony

I would say Rutledge might start instead of montero and Chico will be ahead of amat. Also maybe another Rb will be 1st instead of Rangel but we will have to see who comes here first.

I think montero will definitely come on as a sub in second half but I'm not sure about gomis. If bony is having one of his great games (like against man city) then he will stay on but if he is looking a little inconsistent then maybe gomis might come on.
Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:55 - Jul 28 with 5582 viewsZut_Alors

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:51 - Jul 28 by Swan91

I would say Rutledge might start instead of montero and Chico will be ahead of amat. Also maybe another Rb will be 1st instead of Rangel but we will have to see who comes here first.

I think montero will definitely come on as a sub in second half but I'm not sure about gomis. If bony is having one of his great games (like against man city) then he will stay on but if he is looking a little inconsistent then maybe gomis might come on.

If LVG uses three at the back, that likely means Smalling or Jones on the right. Let Jeff have a run at them and see how vulnerable they are. He seems as though he likes to hold on to the ball quite a lot, but that could be a good way of making them dive in.

For midfield and attack, I would go:

Ki Shelvey
Routs Siggy Montero
Bony
Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:59 - Jul 28 with 5564 viewskarnataka

Didn't we use Amat in that role during last season due to injuries at some point and I don't recall that being a success. I'd always rather have a midfielder playing in midfield than give a defender a job he's not cut out for. I don't think Amat's quick enough to be a DM.
Who is going to play DM against United? on 16:08 - Jul 28 with 5504 viewsJokeren1943

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:51 - Jul 28 by Swan91

Agree.

And Bony tend to play fantastic (and score) against the bigger teams.
Who is going to play DM against United? on 16:11 - Jul 28 with 5494 viewsHuw57

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:47 - Jul 28 by stidjack

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Chico Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Routs

Bony

This.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Who is going to play DM against United? on 16:11 - Jul 28 with 5492 viewsmonmouth

F**k it, we have no one left that can play DM properly. Lets go for them balls out instead. Get crazy Jeff, Routs and Dyer running at them from all angles and Wilf, Siggy, Shelvs shooting from everywhere. They'll s**t themselves and we'll win 4-0.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Who is going to play DM against United? on 16:16 - Jul 28 with 5469 viewsSwan91

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Chico Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Routs

Bony

I seriously think that either Sheehan or Alex Bray should be in the subs instead of Donnelly. Would be better to have more midfield in subs than strikers.

So for me:
Subs : tremmel, Tiendalli(or Rangel), Amat, Bartley, Sheehan, montero, gomis
Who is going to play DM against United? on 16:20 - Jul 28 with 5444 viewshammy

Who is going to play DM against United? on 16:11 - Jul 28 by monmouth

F**k it, we have no one left that can play DM properly. Lets go for them balls out instead. Get crazy Jeff, Routs and Dyer running at them from all angles and Wilf, Siggy, Shelvs shooting from everywhere. They'll s**t themselves and we'll win 4-0.

Like your thinking. The result would certainly be around 4-0 to someone !

I think we definitely need to keep things as tight as possible for 60 mins and then look to get this attacking force on the field.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Who is going to play DM against United? on 16:41 - Jul 28 with 5367 viewstrampie

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Amat Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Montero

Bony

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Who is going to play DM against United? on 16:58 - Jul 28 with 5297 viewsClinton

Fabianski

Rangel Ash Chico Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Sigurdsson Routs

Bony

This.

With Montero on in the latter stages, if we need some extra spark..

Squad looks a bit thin, mind.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Who is going to play DM against United? on 17:07 - Jul 28 with 5249 viewsHuw57

Fabianski

Rangel Amat Ash Taylor

Shelvey Ki

Routledge Gylfi Montero

Bony

Subs:- Tremmel, Tiendalli, Kingsley, Bartley, Dyer, Sheehan, Gomis

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Who is going to play DM against United? on 17:13 - Jul 28 with 5225 viewsC_jack

Rangel Ash Amat Taylor

Shelvey Chico

Dyer Gylfi Routs

Bony
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 17:57]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Who is going to play DM against United? on 19:02 - Jul 28 with 5005 viewsWarwickHunt

Who is going to play DM against United? on 15:13 - Jul 28 by Darran

Aye - the hard tackling, no nonsense Korean is a shoo in.

F*ck my eyes.
Who is going to play DM against United? on 19:04 - Jul 28 with 4997 viewsDarran

Who is going to play DM against United? on 19:02 - Jul 28 by WarwickHunt

Aye - the hard tackling, no nonsense Korean is a shoo in.

F*ck my eyes.

He's played centre half for us I'll have you know.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024