Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? 20:35 - Aug 4 with 7651 viewsJokeren1943

Rumours about Canas returning to spanish football. But will Swansea sell their only fit defensive midfielder - before they buy a new one. Swanseas first PL game is in only 12 days.

Might we see the club keeping him until january or will Monk just use Shelvey or Ki instead.
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 20:38 - Aug 4 with 6043 viewsNeathJack

Doesn't make any difference if Canas is the only fit DM at the club, he clearly won't be getting a game as has been shown in pre season.

I'd be amazed if Shelvey & Ki aren't in that role at Old Trafford, probably regardless of any incomings in the mean time.
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 20:39 - Aug 4 with 6035 viewsDaithejack

Yes mate, don't think your going to see Canas again in a Swans shirt, he'll go with Ki and Jonjo if nobody else comes in.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 20:41 - Aug 4 with 6021 viewseddie71

I don't think Monk had any intention of playing Canas regardless so in a sense his leaving can only be seen as a good thing as it frees up wages. I think Ki can play defensive midfield, he has the skills but I fear his tackling is erratic and he can be bullied. Shelvey I don't think can play that position effectively. I would expect us to sign Azeez who can play that position and is quite dynamic by all accounts.
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 20:52 - Aug 4 with 5949 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It sounds to me that Monk has to move him on before he's allowed to bring a CDM in. He was on a free so I bet he's on a tidy wedge. Elche are a small Spanish club, I wonder if we're paying some of his wages just to get shot?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:11 - Aug 4 with 5806 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 20:52 - Aug 4 by Brynmill_Jack

It sounds to me that Monk has to move him on before he's allowed to bring a CDM in. He was on a free so I bet he's on a tidy wedge. Elche are a small Spanish club, I wonder if we're paying some of his wages just to get shot?

Is the site getting slow? Sticking when I am posting

I would like to think we have enough money to go and buy a player for a key area of the side without getting rid of Canas

We do have some money (I hope)
[Post edited 4 Aug 2014 21:14]
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:19 - Aug 4 with 5746 viewsnantywatcher

As I have often said on here I really rate Canas highly - go on Jose knock on the governor's door and make peace with him.
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:23 - Aug 4 with 5711 views3swan

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:19 - Aug 4 by nantywatcher

As I have often said on here I really rate Canas highly - go on Jose knock on the governor's door and make peace with him.

If he did, and stayed, which I 100% can't see happening, he hasn't been involved in the pre-season training and games so would be well off the pace to be of any use in Leon's absence.

All about opinions, but I didn't see enough in him to think he was the answer long term.
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:25 - Aug 4 with 5703 viewsmax936

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:19 - Aug 4 by nantywatcher

It seems like he's cooked his chips here, no matter how good he may or not be, somin has obviously gone on with Pozuelo and Canas and they've been cast adrift, don't think either have been near training not when Poz was still here nor Canas before or since Poz has gone.
The Club have obviously decided that whatever has gone on remains in house.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:28 - Aug 4 with 5680 viewsNeathJack

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:25 - Aug 4 by max936

It seems like he's cooked his chips here, no matter how good he may or not be, somin has obviously gone on with Pozuelo and Canas and they've been cast adrift, don't think either have been near training not when Poz was still here nor Canas before or since Poz has gone.
The Club have obviously decided that whatever has gone on remains in house.

Yep, he's definitely pissed on his goose.
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:34 - Aug 4 with 5627 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Getting Canas off the wage bill first will certainly help getting a replacement in and I'm sure the club are thinking along those lines.

It's about time we got the Pablo deal sorted as well...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:37 - Aug 4 with 5603 views3swan

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:34 - Aug 4 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Getting Canas off the wage bill first will certainly help getting a replacement in and I'm sure the club are thinking along those lines.

It's about time we got the Pablo deal sorted as well...

Very strange about Pablo, as he was seen training with his new? club.

Maybe he can't agree terms?
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:37 - Aug 4 with 5599 viewsmax936

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:28 - Aug 4 by NeathJack

Yep, he's definitely pissed on his goose.

Oh aye, that's what ew get slurping in the afternoon
[Post edited 4 Aug 2014 21:38]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:38 - Aug 4 with 5589 viewsNeathJack

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:37 - Aug 4 by max936

Oh aye, that's what ew get slurping in the afternoon
[Post edited 4 Aug 2014 21:38]

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:43 - Aug 4 with 5534 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:37 - Aug 4 by 3swan

Very strange about Pablo, as he was seen training with his new? club.

Maybe he can't agree terms?

The EP seemed to think it was the two clubs that couldn't agree terms? Maybe we're using the fact he was seen training with them before we'd even agreed a deal as...leverage...in getting more out of them but it's ended in a stand-off?

Very odd situation.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:44 - Aug 4 with 5530 viewsParlay

Canas in nowhere near good enough im afraid.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:46 - Aug 4 with 5514 viewsnantywatcher

Canas has number 21 shirt on website (mind you Mr Tate has number 5!!!!!!)
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:48 - Aug 4 with 5493 viewsDarran

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:44 - Aug 4 by Parlay

I agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:55 - Aug 4 with 5442 viewsnantywatcher

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:48 - Aug 4 by Darran

I agree.

Don't agree.
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:55 - Aug 4 with 5438 viewsDarran

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:55 - Aug 4 by nantywatcher

Don't agree.

Don't care.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 22:44 - Aug 4 with 5217 viewsTom1912

Regardless of whether he is good enough, given his current situation, how could we possibly bring him back into the squad on the 1st September after freezing him out of pre-season completely? He's not exactly going to want to play for us is he?
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 23:07 - Aug 4 with 5160 viewsphact0rri

Yeah the way he's been treated and snubbed, despite being a player I rate highly an am keen to see a return-- I think its best for all parties for them to release him. Its just a horrible situation IMHO.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 01:02 - Aug 5 with 5015 viewsAnotherJohn

Going back to an earlier post, if Pablo's deal has stalled I would be all for Garry trying to get him to stay - would cover AMF and wide.
Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 06:26 - Aug 5 with 4884 viewsDr_Winston

Easily good enough for us. Proved himself to be for most of Laudrup's tenure. Naturally went off the boil when a manager who clearly dislikes him took over.

It's a shame that personal feelings are leaving us short in a key position when we already have a player who could fill that gap quite easily.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 11:20 - Aug 5 with 4725 viewsItchySphincter

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 21:44 - Aug 4 by Parlay

This is true of course but those who championed him before even seeing him play don't have the ability to admit they were wrong. He had one good game all season. Not good enough by a long stretch.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 11:24 - Aug 5 with 4707 viewsItchySphincter

Will Jenkins sell Canas before we have a new DM? on 06:26 - Aug 5 by Dr_Winston

Easily good enough for us. Proved himself to be for most of Laudrup's tenure. Naturally went off the boil when a manager who clearly dislikes him took over.

It's a shame that personal feelings are leaving us short in a key position when we already have a player who could fill that gap quite easily.

He was not a lot of cop under Laudrup, disappeared under Monk, did absolutely nothing to prove himself or live up to his potential. Nothing to do with personal feelings either - although I'm reluctant to slag off players I often made my reservations about Canas clear. Championship at best, if he's lucky.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024