Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm 18:10 - Aug 11 with 23850 viewsHubert

Just seen it on twitter, Mail journo
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:08 - Aug 11 with 1769 viewsTom1912

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:04 - Aug 11 by magicdaps10

The club said it was an undisclosed fee..................................why say that if they are insisting he went for free.

Clerical error!? Any way we can blame Robin Sharpe on this one?

Stop flapping.

Whenever a fee is undisclosed it's because someone doesn't want the world to know. It's pretty obvious why the club wouldn't want it announced they'd let Vorm go for free. It's not great business. Utrecht's public tantrum has made that redundant though of course.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:09 - Aug 11 with 1762 viewsJackfath

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:07 - Aug 11 by swanseacityfan

Undisclosed means we don't have to disclose it to the public. Fifa have approved the transfer through their transfer system which checks for legalities. They will be well aware of what deal was struck and have approved it.

If we said he went for free and FIFA approved that, why would we by lying?

Some people just love thinking the board are in the wrong.

It's almost as though some fans are actually willing us to feck it all up.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:11 - Aug 11 with 1757 viewsraynor94

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:07 - Aug 11 by swanseacityfan

Undisclosed means we don't have to disclose it to the public. Fifa have approved the transfer through their transfer system which checks for legalities. They will be well aware of what deal was struck and have approved it.

If we said he went for free and FIFA approved that, why would we by lying?

Some people just love thinking the board are in the wrong.

Good post, the growing number of people on here who can't wait to put their boot into the club is pathetic

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:12 - Aug 11 with 1755 viewsApeShit

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 18:55 - Aug 11 by JackFish

So you think we've sold him for a few million, registered it in FIFA's transfer system and then told Utrecht to bugger off?

You think Utrecht have reported us to FIFA for f*ck all?
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:13 - Aug 11 with 1742 viewsswanseacityfan

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:12 - Aug 11 by ApeShit

They don't believe he went for free. He clearly did.

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:13 - Aug 11 with 1742 viewsTom1912

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:12 - Aug 11 by ApeShit

They've reported us because they don't believe he went for free-which is understandable, it's a poor deal. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:13 - Aug 11 with 1738 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 18:54 - Aug 11 by swanseacityfan

Why are you always against the club?

Vorm could easily have gone on a free transfer and we get money from Spurs another way I.E they pay some of Gylfi's wages for the duration of his contract. Why is it so hard to believe?

Your barking up the wrong tree there my friend .

Why I am against the club , your joking right .

Sell on clause with Ben Davies - spurs sell him to Real Madrid for £40 million & spurs tell us he went for free in a deal .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:16 - Aug 11 with 1717 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:13 - Aug 11 by swanseacityfan

They don't believe he went for free. He clearly did.

Might not have been free. We paid £2m for him, and sellon clauses typically seem to be if in excess of that.

Vorm's been awful for 18 months IMO. For my money we upgraded. Was he really worth a fair chunk? Probably not. I don't think he's worth more than when we bought him ... he was already a Dutch international after all.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:17 - Aug 11 with 1711 viewsswanseacityfan

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:13 - Aug 11 by oh_tommy_tommy

Sell on clause with Ben Davies - spurs sell him to Real Madrid for £40 million & spurs tell us he went for free in a deal .

Jeeze, you think we would be stupid enough to lie to FIFA?

We said he went for free.
Fifa approved the deal through their Transfer system.
No transfer fee is undislocsed to FIFA, they know everything in a transfer.
We wouldn't turn around and say he went for a different fee to what he actually did, it's impossible.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:18 - Aug 11 with 1699 viewsHighjack

Presumably with every transfer, legal documentation for payment is drafted up by both sides, and Fifa will have a copy, so everyone will know exactly who is paying what for who.

Utrecht obviously aren't party to these contracts and are going off the 'undisclosed fee' bit, not realising that 'undisclosed fee' could translate as 'they paid bugger all.'

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:19 - Aug 11 with 1687 viewsswanseacityfan

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:16 - Aug 11 by Uxbridge

Might not have been free. We paid £2m for him, and sellon clauses typically seem to be if in excess of that.

Vorm's been awful for 18 months IMO. For my money we upgraded. Was he really worth a fair chunk? Probably not. I don't think he's worth more than when we bought him ... he was already a Dutch international after all.

Journo on Twitter claims Swansea are saying it was a free.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:19 - Aug 11 with 1683 viewsSwan91

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:04 - Aug 11 by magicdaps10

The club said it was an undisclosed fee..................................why say that if they are insisting he went for free.

Clerical error!? Any way we can blame Robin Sharpe on this one?

Maybe because of the reaction the fans would have when seeing the line "vorm gone on free transfer". They obviously wouldn't be happy and the club would get blamed. Ok it's not a good deal for him but in the overall transfer dealings with totenham it is a good deal.

What I think most people have chosen to ignore is a little comment made by the club which pretty much shows that FIFA will not do anything to us. And that's the line which says that FIFA approved the transfer deal. We went through the proper authorities when doing this deal and they approved it.

This is a nothing story and nothing is going to happen. This happens in football all the time and it's not the first time for swansea to be involved in a deal like this (JDG on loan for 2 seasons so villareal don't have to pay a percentage, even it doesn't look that way anymore). People are only now slating the club because utrecht have gone into a childish fit. FIFA will tell them swansea followed the procedures and that they approved the deal and will pretty much tell them not a chance.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:21 - Aug 11 with 1662 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:19 - Aug 11 by swanseacityfan

Journo on Twitter claims Swansea are saying it was a free.

Maybe it was. That was hardly my point though. I suspect we were happy enough just to get him off the wage bill given that we had got a replacement in for him. Not sure I bought the "we want them to compete against each other" line.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:22 - Aug 11 with 1660 viewsMagicDaps

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:00 - Aug 11 by magicdaps10

Do people actually believe that we got rid off Vorm for nothing!?!

If the club done a deal that made it look like Vorm went for free then it is done entirely to save them giving anything to Utrecht. I think it shows how tight and stingy our board are, this is as bad as other clubs taking our players on the cheap when we had nothing.

Unprofessional and disrespectful, the board are so amateur on times its unbelievable. I am thankful for all they did back in the day but time moves on and we cant live on that memory forever.....................at the end of the day, they are doing pretty well now and have been repaid many times over already.

The board are looking after the clubs finances, it's what they've always done and we're better off for it as a club. You say you're thankful for them to what they did back in the day, but back in the day looking after the clubs finances was always high on the agenda.

If you're happy for them to lose money by negotiating the swap deal in Utrecht's deal then you can't really complain about a lack of expansion as we don't have an unlimited supply of money to spend at once. I know what I'd prefer.

You're attitude towards the board is incredible, given that they've taken us up three divisions I'm surprised there's anyone out there that doesn't think they're the right people in charge.

---

As for what transfer embargoes are given out for, their given out to clubs for their own self protection, when they can't afford to sign players. They aren't given out when two clubs have a dispute.

We didn't have any transfer embargo after the Ipswich dispute, and we're not going to now. We've got as much chance as being liquidated as we do having a transfer embargo, even papers who like to make the most out of everything haven't talked about a transfer embargo because even they aren't that thick.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:23 - Aug 11 with 1645 viewsWhiterockin

Christ haven't you lot heard of buy one get one free. Must be new to the Dutch.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:23 - Aug 11 with 1564 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:19 - Aug 11 by Swan91

Maybe because of the reaction the fans would have when seeing the line "vorm gone on free transfer". They obviously wouldn't be happy and the club would get blamed. Ok it's not a good deal for him but in the overall transfer dealings with totenham it is a good deal.

What I think most people have chosen to ignore is a little comment made by the club which pretty much shows that FIFA will not do anything to us. And that's the line which says that FIFA approved the transfer deal. We went through the proper authorities when doing this deal and they approved it.

This is a nothing story and nothing is going to happen. This happens in football all the time and it's not the first time for swansea to be involved in a deal like this (JDG on loan for 2 seasons so villareal don't have to pay a percentage, even it doesn't look that way anymore). People are only now slating the club because utrecht have gone into a childish fit. FIFA will tell them swansea followed the procedures and that they approved the deal and will pretty much tell them not a chance.

There would be slagging off if it was us getting turned over.

Bad form I say .

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:24 - Aug 11 with 1555 viewsApeShit

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:18 - Aug 11 by Highjack

Presumably with every transfer, legal documentation for payment is drafted up by both sides, and Fifa will have a copy, so everyone will know exactly who is paying what for who.

Utrecht obviously aren't party to these contracts and are going off the 'undisclosed fee' bit, not realising that 'undisclosed fee' could translate as 'they paid bugger all.'

I think Utrecht would be party to these contracts as they had an agreement with us.

If the club "obviously" gave Vorm to Spurs for free why don't they just provide copies of the documentation to Utrecht and put this to bed?
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:26 - Aug 11 with 1540 viewsswanseacityfan

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:24 - Aug 11 by ApeShit

I think Utrecht would be party to these contracts as they had an agreement with us.

If the club "obviously" gave Vorm to Spurs for free why don't they just provide copies of the documentation to Utrecht and put this to bed?

That's what they will do when FIFA investigate.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:26 - Aug 11 with 1539 viewsTom1912

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:21 - Aug 11 by Uxbridge

Maybe it was. That was hardly my point though. I suspect we were happy enough just to get him off the wage bill given that we had got a replacement in for him. Not sure I bought the "we want them to compete against each other" line.

That line was rubbish. We wanted him off the wage bill and it's clear ere struggling to get rid of him. I doubt we were the only people to notice he's been extremely poor for the last 18 months, world cup attendance or not.

We probably offered him to Spurs for free.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:26 - Aug 11 with 1536 viewsMagicDaps

Is it not blatantly obvious what has happened?

As opposed to saying Sigurdsson was worth £10 million in the deal, Davies £10 million and Vorm £5 million with us losing £1.5 million to Utrecht.

We've said Sigurdsson was worth £10 million, Davies £15 million and Vorm £0 with us losing £0 to Utrecht.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:27 - Aug 11 with 1528 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What was the deal with Spurs for Davies ?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:27 - Aug 11 with 1520 viewsHighjack

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:23 - Aug 11 by oh_tommy_tommy

There would be slagging off if it was us getting turned over.

Bad form I say .

They aren't being turned over though.

They are contractually obliged to get a certain percentage of any fee from a transfer for Vorm. As there is no fee because he was used as leverage in a swap deal then the sell on clause is null and void.

We haven't defaulted on our side of the contract so there's nothing underhand or illegal here.

Unless of course we have just blatantly lied to Fifa which will land us in the crap, but the chances of that happening are miniscule.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:28 - Aug 11 with 1510 viewsApeShit

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:26 - Aug 11 by swanseacityfan

That's what they will do when FIFA investigate.

According to you FIFA already know he went on a free though?
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:30 - Aug 11 with 1487 viewsTom1912

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:28 - Aug 11 by ApeShit

According to you FIFA already know he went on a free though?

Of course they do, and that's what they'll respond to Utrecht with.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:30 - Aug 11 with 1485 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:26 - Aug 11 by Tom1912

That line was rubbish. We wanted him off the wage bill and it's clear ere struggling to get rid of him. I doubt we were the only people to notice he's been extremely poor for the last 18 months, world cup attendance or not.

We probably offered him to Spurs for free.

It's quite plausible. Given we got Fabianski for free, we probably thought it netted off quite nicely. Whether it was the best deal we could have got is another thing entirely of course, but I was far more disappointed at losing Ben than Vorm.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024