Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm 18:10 - Aug 11 with 23691 viewsHubert

Just seen it on twitter, Mail journo
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:30 - Aug 11 with 1681 viewsHighjack

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:27 - Aug 11 by oh_tommy_tommy

What was the deal with Spurs for Davies ?

As far as the papers reported it, it was a straight swap for Davies, Vorm and Siggy with Spurs paying a % of Siggys wages for his contract.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:31 - Aug 11 with 1681 viewsswanseacityfan

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:28 - Aug 11 by ApeShit

According to you FIFA already know he went on a free though?

I didn't say that. I said we have said that FIFA approved our deal and are aware of what happened. Whatever we have told FIFA we had, happened. We cannot and wouldn't lie to FIFA...

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:34 - Aug 11 with 1656 viewsApeShit

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:30 - Aug 11 by Tom1912

Of course they do, and that's what they'll respond to Utrecht with.

I hope you're right, but there just seems more to it.

If you are right it will be over pretty quick and we can move on.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:35 - Aug 11 with 1647 viewsswanseacityfan

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:34 - Aug 11 by ApeShit

I hope you're right, but there just seems more to it.

If you are right it will be over pretty quick and we can move on.

Swans seem to think so.

The transfer of Michel Vorm was conducted and concluded correctly under Premier League rules," a Swansea spokesman said.

"It was approved by the Premier League and also FIFA via their TMS (Transfer Matching) system.

"While we have been in contact with Utrecht as a matter of courtesy, we will continue to conduct our business in the best interest of our football club and our supporters, and not based on the views of other clubs.

"Unlike some countries abroad, we do not have third party ownership of players in Britain.

"The club will not be commenting further on this matter."

Utrecht general manager Wilco van Schalk claimed on Friday that Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins had told him Vorm had gone to Tottenham "for free".

Schalk told BBC Wales: "That's unbelievable and unacceptable.

"Michel is a very reliable goalkeeper in the Premier League. He is 30-years-old, in the prime of his life. He still had a two-year contract and has a good reputation.

"Besides that, he's a solid member of the Dutch squad. We want to have the 30 per cent as we agreed."

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:36 - Aug 11 with 1637 viewsHighjack

If there was a dispute then Utrecht should just deal with it with Fifa and not go running to the papers.

Very unprofessional from their side.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:38 - Aug 11 with 1631 viewsApeShit

If he was part of the Davies/Siggy deal... then FIFA might put a monetary value on it?
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:39 - Aug 11 with 1627 viewsswanseacityfan

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:38 - Aug 11 by ApeShit

If he was part of the Davies/Siggy deal... then FIFA might put a monetary value on it?

They won't. There was no transfer fee and no profit.

Also, why is it "unacceptable" for Vorm to go on a free transfer? He's our player, not Utrechts.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:45 - Aug 11 with 1607 viewsSwan91

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:36 - Aug 11 by Highjack

If there was a dispute then Utrecht should just deal with it with Fifa and not go running to the papers.

Very unprofessional from their side.

Exactly they could've easily reported us to FIFA without it going to the news. They're being unprofessional by calling us unprofessional. Just because they wouldn't have done the deal doesn't mean we can't.

We got fabianski on a free and obviously he was going to be first choice goalkeeper(he has even said from the beginning that he came here for first team football) this meant we were looking to offload vorm as he would not want to be he sub keeper. And also his past performances showed we wanted to get a better keeper in.

Getting rid of his wages and getting a great AM in the overall deal is more than enough reason for us to sell him for nothing.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:49 - Aug 11 with 1594 viewsHighjack

Exactly. We've done very well out of this deal. Goalscoring, creative midfielders who can also take good set pieces don't come cheap in this world, whereas left backs and goalkeepers do.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:50 - Aug 11 with 1586 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:39 - Aug 11 by swanseacityfan

They won't. There was no transfer fee and no profit.

Also, why is it "unacceptable" for Vorm to go on a free transfer? He's our player, not Utrechts.

They have a sell-on clause and we're trying to stiff them - if anyone believes we didn't receive a fee they're deluded.

Petty, underhand and shortsighted.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:51 - Aug 11 with 1576 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We've turned them over mun .

Ah well more cash to buy a defensive midfielder.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:52 - Aug 11 with 1576 viewsicecoldjack

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:35 - Aug 11 by swanseacityfan

Swans seem to think so.

The transfer of Michel Vorm was conducted and concluded correctly under Premier League rules," a Swansea spokesman said.

"It was approved by the Premier League and also FIFA via their TMS (Transfer Matching) system.

"While we have been in contact with Utrecht as a matter of courtesy, we will continue to conduct our business in the best interest of our football club and our supporters, and not based on the views of other clubs.

"Unlike some countries abroad, we do not have third party ownership of players in Britain.

"The club will not be commenting further on this matter."

Utrecht general manager Wilco van Schalk claimed on Friday that Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins had told him Vorm had gone to Tottenham "for free".

Schalk told BBC Wales: "That's unbelievable and unacceptable.

"Michel is a very reliable goalkeeper in the Premier League. He is 30-years-old, in the prime of his life. He still had a two-year contract and has a good reputation.

"Besides that, he's a solid member of the Dutch squad. We want to have the 30 per cent as we agreed."

Dont see a problem with what the swans said there.

Its a bit sneaky and not something i would have expected from us but you cant blame the swans for looking after their own interests plain and simple. Utrecht would have done exactly the same if the tables were turned.

I do wonder if Levy made this suggestion, sounds like something he would be well versed in, hope he doesn't lead Huw astray !!
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:52 - Aug 11 with 1565 viewsSwan91

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:50 - Aug 11 by WarwickHunt

They have a sell-on clause and we're trying to stiff them - if anyone believes we didn't receive a fee they're deluded.

Petty, underhand and shortsighted.

Well FIFA believed it otherwise they wouldn't have approved the deal.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:57 - Aug 11 with 1529 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:52 - Aug 11 by Swan91

I'm sure FIFA put virtually all transfers through on the nod.

We'll see if it holds up to scrutiny - even if it does, clubs will be wary of structured deals with us in the future. All for probably around 500k.

I'm sure the reaction on here would be different if the boot was on the other foot.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:01 - Aug 11 with 1513 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:30 - Aug 11 by Highjack

As far as the papers reported it, it was a straight swap for Davies, Vorm and Siggy with Spurs paying a % of Siggys wages for his contract.

Which papers?

The London Evening Standard reported a £3.5m fee. They are usually pretty good on London football.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:02 - Aug 11 with 1507 viewsShaky

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:52 - Aug 11 by Swan91

You think FIFA are going through the paperwork for the probably thousands of individual transfers that fall under their jurisdiction with a fine toothcomb?

Of course they bloody well aren't, and that wouldn't even be the case if they didn't have the added inconvenience of counting the mountains of cash generated by the world cup.

Clearly the club is trying to pull a fast one here, and the only question is whether they will get away with it? In fact that wouldn't surprise me in the least given FIFA's incompetence, and their well known instincts to close ranks when they get caught with their pants down.

It is still short sighted in the extreme, however.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:03 - Aug 11 with 1500 viewsJackoBoostardo

We bought Vorm from them. He was our player to do with as we wish.

There was a clause that any 30% of any sell on fee in future is passed to Utrecht. However, as we are not obliged to sell for a fee (and what if we had decided to keep Vorm for the remainder of his career??), then 30% of fuk all is fuk all... which is exactly what Utrecht are getting.

So Utrecht seem to be forgetting one little thing..... there's no shared ownership here.

Am I missing something??? I can't see FIFA reasonably deciding in their favour.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:05 - Aug 11 with 1480 viewsSwan91

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 19:57 - Aug 11 by WarwickHunt

I'm sure FIFA put virtually all transfers through on the nod.

We'll see if it holds up to scrutiny - even if it does, clubs will be wary of structured deals with us in the future. All for probably around 500k.

I'm sure the reaction on here would be different if the boot was on the other foot.

To be honest I don't think buying players with a sell on clause is a deal we should be doing. I would rather it be so etching like give them money after the player has played so many games for us etc.

That clause could easily mess us up in the future when it comes to planning in the transfer window. Like for example if Chico had a sell on clause and we sold him for 4mill means we make more of a loss on getting cover.

I'm honestly saying I would be disappointed if this happened to us but I wouldn't go to the extent of hating the other club IF FIFA approved the deal and it was legit.

To be honest with quite a lot of people on this forum if this happened to us the fans would blame this club for having such a deal in the contract and not coming up with a better deal.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:07 - Aug 11 with 1471 viewsShaky

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:03 - Aug 11 by JackoBoostardo

We bought Vorm from them. He was our player to do with as we wish.

There was a clause that any 30% of any sell on fee in future is passed to Utrecht. However, as we are not obliged to sell for a fee (and what if we had decided to keep Vorm for the remainder of his career??), then 30% of fuk all is fuk all... which is exactly what Utrecht are getting.

So Utrecht seem to be forgetting one little thing..... there's no shared ownership here.

Am I missing something??? I can't see FIFA reasonably deciding in their favour.

If you want to go that route, you could make a case this is an illegal cross-subsidy and/or transfer pricing under EU competition law, and certainly I'd much rather have FIFA on our backs than the EU Competition Directorate

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:08 - Aug 11 with 1458 viewsHighjack

Huw has played a clever game
But Utrecht think we are pretty lame
To Fifa they go crying
try to say that we are ly.. oh sh!t wrong thread.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:09 - Aug 11 with 1450 viewsShaky

Yes, m'lud, Liverpool were bidding 5 million quid but we just wanted to get shot of him. Honest.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:11 - Aug 11 with 1437 viewsTom1912

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:09 - Aug 11 by Shaky

Yes, m'lud, Liverpool were bidding 5 million quid but we just wanted to get shot of him. Honest.

If they had he'd be a Liverpool player now.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:12 - Aug 11 with 1430 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:05 - Aug 11 by Swan91

To be honest I don't think buying players with a sell on clause is a deal we should be doing. I would rather it be so etching like give them money after the player has played so many games for us etc.

That clause could easily mess us up in the future when it comes to planning in the transfer window. Like for example if Chico had a sell on clause and we sold him for 4mill means we make more of a loss on getting cover.

I'm honestly saying I would be disappointed if this happened to us but I wouldn't go to the extent of hating the other club IF FIFA approved the deal and it was legit.

To be honest with quite a lot of people on this forum if this happened to us the fans would blame this club for having such a deal in the contract and not coming up with a better deal.

"To be honest...I'm honestly saying ....To be honest...."

Honestly?
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:12 - Aug 11 with 1431 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:09 - Aug 11 by Shaky

Shaky - you keep saying that, but there is absolutely no evidence that Liverpool were remotely interested in buying him for £5m. Even if they were, it doesn't matter - you don't have to sell to the highest bid.

BTW - anyone paying £5m for Vorm after the season he had needs their heads read.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:13 - Aug 11 with 1422 viewsJackoBoostardo

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 20:07 - Aug 11 by Shaky

If you want to go that route, you could make a case this is an illegal cross-subsidy and/or transfer pricing under EU competition law, and certainly I'd much rather have FIFA on our backs than the EU Competition Directorate

But what has Swansea done wrong here? The rules we follow, as football clubs, are regulated by the rules set by FIFA and the local FA's. As such, no rules have been broken.

If the EU was to become involved in any way - then it would more than likely just be a change to rules going forward, without any penalty to the club.

I'm not claiming to be an expert here - but anything else would just be open to chances of appeals and long running legal issues that other Premier League clubs would likely have to be involved in as well!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024