Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm 18:10 - Aug 11 with 23887 viewsHubert

Just seen it on twitter, Mail journo
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 00:14 - Aug 12 with 1954 viewsWitneyjack

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 00:08 - Aug 12 by WarwickHunt

Not beating anyone as I don't know the facts and neither do you. Hypothetical, see...

Merely saying that if Utrecht are correct and we're trying to stiff a smaller club by using underhand tactics to save what appears to be around 500k it's pathetic and shortsighted.

Moreover, if as alleged, we've told them it was a free transfer, it's also unbelievably f*cking dumb.

If we're squeaky clean, and it's all a load of hot air, then all well and good.
We'll find out soon enough.

However, not great publicity and sh1t tends to stick...

So as I said, a lot of "ifs", no facts, so let's wait and see........
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 00:22 - Aug 12 with 1940 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 00:11 - Aug 12 by Tom1912

The football world has a notoriously short memory. The bad publicity won't affect us at all in my opinion.

You could be right - we've spent years building up a good reputation and it would be a shame to ruin it for what's alleged to be around 500k though.

If FIFA rule against us then I wouldn't be too optimistic about teams giving us structured deals in the future.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 00:30 - Aug 12 with 1929 viewsSwansNZ

Surely, you sell a player for a value you believe is fair at that time. Utrecht were happy to take 1.5 million off us for Vorm in 2011. Adding in a sell on clause, or number games played clause etc, does not guarantee anything, it's more a bonus really. I'd image it happens quite a bit, that a club will get rid a player before they trigger some clause that would cost them a lot, or do a loan deal rather than sell etc.

It might not appear to be a "nice" thing to do, but FFS, this is football at the very highest level, who plays nice? Our board have a duty to look after our interests, not some club we once bought a keeper off. Will it come back to bite us in future negotiations? I doubt it, most clubs would do exactly the same.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Chico on 04:42 - Aug 12 with 1873 viewsGlyn1

Does anyone have any links to Utrecht fans forums?

Of course whoever is the Dutch reserve keeper at the World Cup has a value, and that value would have been worked out in the deal even if money didn't change hands, we all know that.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 09:38 - Aug 12 with 1814 viewsBatterseajack

The vorm deal may well have gone through the books as a free, but Utrecht would be interested in his value in the overall deal with sigurdson and Davis. Good luck to them trying to quantify that, but it's undeniable that he played a part in that deal. I can't see this being good for business with the Dutch clubs in future.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 09:40 - Aug 12 with 1811 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 00:22 - Aug 12 by WarwickHunt

You could be right - we've spent years building up a good reputation and it would be a shame to ruin it for what's alleged to be around 500k though.

If FIFA rule against us then I wouldn't be too optimistic about teams giving us structured deals in the future.

Remind me again how refusing to allow Taylor to leave the club for a song when Newcastle came calling has impacted our ability to recruit players?

If anyone thinks this would affect any future dealing they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 09:51 - Aug 12 with 1792 viewsJackSomething

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 09:40 - Aug 12 by Uxbridge

Remind me again how refusing to allow Taylor to leave the club for a song when Newcastle came calling has impacted our ability to recruit players?

If anyone thinks this would affect any future dealing they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

David Moyes was outraged when Man City pursued Joleon Lescott.

He then outrages Everton by publicly pursuing Baines and Fellaini while at Man U.

Everton have got over their problems with both Manchester clubs when selling them Fellaini and Rodwell respectively.

Other clubs seem happy to do deals with these clubs also.

As you said, this is a poor choice of stick. Many of those criticising would probably do the same if we paid Utrecht a percentage when there was a (presumably legal) way of avoiding doing so.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:03 - Aug 12 with 1760 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 09:51 - Aug 12 by JackSomething

David Moyes was outraged when Man City pursued Joleon Lescott.

He then outrages Everton by publicly pursuing Baines and Fellaini while at Man U.

Everton have got over their problems with both Manchester clubs when selling them Fellaini and Rodwell respectively.

Other clubs seem happy to do deals with these clubs also.

As you said, this is a poor choice of stick. Many of those criticising would probably do the same if we paid Utrecht a percentage when there was a (presumably legal) way of avoiding doing so.

Quite. There's a pattern going on here. I'm hardly averse to giving the club a good kicking where it's due (Saturday's ticketing fiasco is barely getting a mention, and that's far more worthy of discussion IMO) but it seems the default position of some is to assume the club have acted poorly with little to no proof to back it up.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:06 - Aug 12 with 1749 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 09:40 - Aug 12 by Uxbridge

Eh? What the f*ck are you on lately?

Completely unrelated and I doubt if anyone outside Newcastle has a clue about it anyway.
I'm sure it's standard stuff for any club that doesn't spout this "if you don't like it, here's the door" bollocks. We're not Barca FFS.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Taylor didn't report us to the FA/FIFA...

Teams expecting to get a payday from a sell-on clause will think twice about dealing with us in future. I'd have thought that was undeniable. Perhaps they'll deal with us but will ask for a bigger upfront fee because they'll think we'll stiff them on the sell-on clause. Like I said, shortsighted (if, of course, FIFA find against us - however, some shit will stick regardless).

ps only a stool or a tooth can be impacted...
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:11 - Aug 12 with 1739 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:06 - Aug 12 by WarwickHunt

Completely unrelated and I doubt if anyone outside Newcastle has a clue about it anyway.
I'm sure it's standard stuff for any club that doesn't spout this "if you don't like it, here's the door" bollocks. We're not Barca FFS.

Teams expecting to get a payday from a sell-on clause will think twice about dealing with us in future. I'd have thought that was undeniable. Perhaps they'll deal with us but will ask for a bigger upfront fee because they'll think we'll stiff them on the sell-on clause. Like I said, shortsighted (if, of course, FIFA find against us - however, some shit will stick regardless).

I'm disagreeing with you. It's allowed I hope.

I recall us not selling Bodde because of the 50% clause, and Den Haag whining about that. And yet another Dutch club sold us their goalkeeper. Maybe the premonitions of transfer doom are a little exaggerated? True they may play a small part in negotiations but these are multi million pound businesses arranging single and specific deals. I just find the whole argument that teams would turn down £5m or whatever from us because we got the upper hand on another transfer a bit implausible.

Oh and . I was in the thicko set for English for a reason ....

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:12 - Aug 12 with 1736 viewsreddythered

I'm well aware of what market vaue is.

I'm well aware and have stated it's ridiculous to use a nominal market value.

What I stated would be the approach used to *determine* an "appropriate" market value. After all, how could any organisaton expect a massive bid from teams, huh?

Which feeds back into the original post about Vorm; Utrecht feel they have a market value for him want cash....

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:19 - Aug 12 with 1721 views_

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:06 - Aug 12 by WarwickHunt

Yes, Ux, I can't quite make out why you can't see this?

All you need to do is put yourself in a Utrecht supporters (or Chairmen's) shoes. It's not hard to understand surely?

It's a sly way of doing business and they feel they have been shafted and for what isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. Shafted enough to have reported us to FIFA and brought unwanted attention to the way we have gone about this "deal".

We shouldn't even be looking for examples of any other clubs if they have done the same "dirty" why would we??

Remember, we're not "just another club" apparently!!

Very poor form and we'd do well to settle with them to save any further embarrassment and apologise.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:22 - Aug 12 with 1712 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:19 - Aug 12 by _

Yes, Ux, I can't quite make out why you can't see this?

All you need to do is put yourself in a Utrecht supporters (or Chairmen's) shoes. It's not hard to understand surely?

It's a sly way of doing business and they feel they have been shafted and for what isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. Shafted enough to have reported us to FIFA and brought unwanted attention to the way we have gone about this "deal".

We shouldn't even be looking for examples of any other clubs if they have done the same "dirty" why would we??

Remember, we're not "just another club" apparently!!

Very poor form and we'd do well to settle with them to save any further embarrassment and apologise.

As I said above, IF we've stiffed them out of the add-ons then I agree it's a little naughty. However I'm seeing precious little evidence we actually have.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:24 - Aug 12 with 1707 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:11 - Aug 12 by Uxbridge

I'm disagreeing with you. It's allowed I hope.

I recall us not selling Bodde because of the 50% clause, and Den Haag whining about that. And yet another Dutch club sold us their goalkeeper. Maybe the premonitions of transfer doom are a little exaggerated? True they may play a small part in negotiations but these are multi million pound businesses arranging single and specific deals. I just find the whole argument that teams would turn down £5m or whatever from us because we got the upper hand on another transfer a bit implausible.

Oh and . I was in the thicko set for English for a reason ....

You're still comparing apples with oranges, Andrew.

Not selling a player because it's not in our interest is different to trousering money that belongs to another club. Hypothetically, of course...

Amazed you can't (or won't) see the difference to be honest.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:30 - Aug 12 with 1684 viewsTheFranchise

Can we send them Dwight instead of the £3.27 they claim to be owed?
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:30 - Aug 12 with 1681 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:24 - Aug 12 by WarwickHunt

You're still comparing apples with oranges, Andrew.

Not selling a player because it's not in our interest is different to trousering money that belongs to another club. Hypothetically, of course...

Amazed you can't (or won't) see the difference to be honest.

You mean they're slightly different? Really? Wow.

They're both examples of taking a favourable line of the contractual agreements. I'm amazed you can't (or won't) see they're similar.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:35 - Aug 12 with 1667 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:30 - Aug 12 by Uxbridge

You mean they're slightly different? Really? Wow.

They're both examples of taking a favourable line of the contractual agreements. I'm amazed you can't (or won't) see they're similar.

I've never heard of someone being reported to FIFA for taking a "favourable line", have you?

Next time we meet I'll mug you of your wallet - just think of it as me taking a "favourable line" on my finances.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:41 - Aug 12 with 1650 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:35 - Aug 12 by WarwickHunt

I've never heard of someone being reported to FIFA for taking a "favourable line", have you?

Next time we meet I'll mug you of your wallet - just think of it as me taking a "favourable line" on my finances.

Your argument is based on the fact that Utrecht have complained to their mammy? Really? Come on mun, give me something more substantial than that ... as the actress said to the bishop ...

You're going to force me to call Sigmund if you keep this up.

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:43 - Aug 12 with 1638 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:41 - Aug 12 by Uxbridge

Your argument is based on the fact that Utrecht have complained to their mammy? Really? Come on mun, give me something more substantial than that ... as the actress said to the bishop ...

You're going to force me to call Sigmund if you keep this up.

Shit sticks...
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:48 - Aug 12 with 1619 viewsUxbridge

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:43 - Aug 12 by WarwickHunt

Shit sticks...

Shitty sticks ...

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 11:30 - Aug 12 with 1566 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 10:48 - Aug 12 by Uxbridge

Shitty sticks ...

That's what I use to fight the lay-deez off with...I find one or two a day sufficient now.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 11:39 - Aug 12 with 1540 viewsWatchman

Last year Vorm was close to #1 for the Dutch, this year he went to the WC as a strong #2 and ended up as a weak #3. Van Gaal knows his stuff. Not the same keeper since his knee went

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 12:57 - Aug 12 with 1469 viewsJACKARSE

There was always a monetary value attached to Vorm even if no cash was exchanged. Very poor form and short term view . There is a certain amount of etiquette and fairness needs to be maintained even in this cut throat world. We have all had enough of money grabbing 'bankers' (and I chose my words carefully). This is embarrassing for the club if it is penny pinching, particularly as we are rated in the top 50 richest clubs. Short termism doesn't work and will come back to bite us when we need to deal with Utrecht again or even another Dutch club. Lets assume the value was £3M and a profit of £1.5M so the amount owed is £450k which in the scheme of things is peanuts for the sake of losing your reputation as a good professional fair club to deal with.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 13:09 - Aug 12 with 1454 viewsTom1912

I hear every club in Portugal have said they will never deal with Tottenham Hotspur again after Levy exploited a transfer clause in Eric Dier's contract.
Swans reported to FIFA by Utrecht over Vorm on 13:32 - Aug 12 with 1418 viewsjakarmi

I cant beleive some of the posters on here saying "we should just pay up" etc. Yes of course we should just pay up to any club that says we owe them money, whether we do or not.
My take is Utrecht are trying it on - they have nothing to lose so why not chnace it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024