Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Momentum and overreacting 20:58 - Aug 16 with 6576 viewsUxbridge

Great win today of course and a much needed reality check from the premonitions of doom after the friendly last week. However shouldn't those using today's result as justification for saying we're ace show a little bit of the restraint that the doom mongers should have shown? For me, loads of positives today but still lots of questions to be answered ... something Monk himself alluded to after the match.

We've got two very winnable home matches coming up now. Hopefully we can use the momentum of today's result to get results there and really set us up for the season. Big game next week ... hope the expectation levels in the stands are kept at realistic levels ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Momentum and overreacting on 21:00 - Aug 16 with 5363 viewsNeath_Jack

You know we're going to f*ck up at least one of those next two games. It's the Swansea Way mun.

The pendulum will be swinging t'other way then.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Momentum and overreacting on 21:01 - Aug 16 with 5353 viewsAngelRangelQS

I think it was the level of unwarranted abuse that people took exception to.

Today was Monk's first chance to show what we could do with his own side and we won at old Trafford! Still work to be done, still signings to be made but what a f*cking start
Momentum and overreacting on 21:03 - Aug 16 with 5318 viewsSwanseajill

Ohhh!!!
Let's just enjoy the moment, we'll until we start getting wobbly again.
Momentum and overreacting on 21:03 - Aug 16 with 5312 viewsUxbridge

Momentum and overreacting on 21:01 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

Today was Monk's first chance to show what we could do with his own side and we won at old Trafford! Still work to be done, still signings to be made but what a f*cking start

True, but there seems little room for shades of grey in the argument.

Momentum and overreacting on 21:05 - Aug 16 with 5282 viewsUxbridge

Momentum and overreacting on 21:03 - Aug 16 by Swanseajill

Ohhh!!!

I told you we'd win!

I'm absolutely chuffed. However we've got a real chance to kick on here and put a big dent in the survival target before we're out of August.

Momentum and overreacting on 21:06 - Aug 16 with 5267 viewsmonmouth

Momentum and overreacting on 21:01 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

Bollocks mate. If there was ever a day made for over-reacting, this is the one. F*ck everyone else, we've just nobbed MU on their big day, when they relaunched. It gets no better.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Momentum and overreacting on 21:08 - Aug 16 with 5256 viewsperchrockjack

We have found a young manager with real balls and a cunning one too. A board that also has the guts to go with the heart of our club s interest.

We ve signed terrific players who will prove many wrong .there are no negatives at all.

Listen to the press' .they re gutted

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Momentum and overreacting on 21:11 - Aug 16 with 5228 viewsSwanseajill

Momentum and overreacting on 21:05 - Aug 16 by Uxbridge

I told you we'd win!

I'm absolutely chuffed. However we've got a real chance to kick on here and put a big dent in the survival target before we're out of August.

And that Ux, is the correct answer.
The team need no better momentum than today's results to get our feet up that ladder.
Login to get fewer ads

Momentum and overreacting on 21:15 - Aug 16 with 5188 viewsSwansNZ

We're going to win the league,
We're going to win the league

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Momentum and overreacting on 21:39 - Aug 16 with 5098 viewsdgt73

Momentum and overreacting on 21:03 - Aug 16 by Swanseajill

Ohhh!!!

Exactly, who gives a Fcuk about next Saturday. Enjoy today's result and whatever happens next week, will happen.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Momentum and overreacting on 21:41 - Aug 16 with 5078 viewsUxbridge

Momentum and overreacting on 21:39 - Aug 16 by dgt73

Exactly, who gives a Fcuk about next Saturday. Enjoy today's result and whatever happens next week, will happen.

I reckon most give a fcuk about next week! We've got a great little opportunity to have a few weeks at the top of the tree!

Momentum and overreacting on 10:47 - Aug 17 with 4887 viewsexiledclaseboy

I like how everyone is now calling for restraint in the celebrations of yesterday's win. Yet in the wake of the Villareal defeat there was none of that. The few gobby ones who convinced themselves months ago that Monk was not the man for the job were allowed to run roughshod all over the forum, insulting everyone in their wake. There are "shades of grey" of course and it is way too early to be judging the season either way. But it's a bit rich calling for restraint now when the forum was infested by bile of the worst kind after a defeat in a pre-season friendly. F*ck 'em I say. They'll have their moment in the sun the next time we lose.

Poll: Tory leader

Momentum and overreacting on 11:02 - Aug 17 with 4836 viewsDarran

Momentum and overreacting on 10:47 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

I like how everyone is now calling for restraint in the celebrations of yesterday's win. Yet in the wake of the Villareal defeat there was none of that. The few gobby ones who convinced themselves months ago that Monk was not the man for the job were allowed to run roughshod all over the forum, insulting everyone in their wake. There are "shades of grey" of course and it is way too early to be judging the season either way. But it's a bit rich calling for restraint now when the forum was infested by bile of the worst kind after a defeat in a pre-season friendly. F*ck 'em I say. They'll have their moment in the sun the next time we lose.

Post of the year so far Andrew,the overreaction to a pre-season friendly that was going to have no bearing on yesterday's game was hideous.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Momentum and overreacting on 11:08 - Aug 17 with 4813 viewsUxbridge

Momentum and overreacting on 10:47 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

Er ... Noone called for restraint last week either? That's not quite true old chap.

Momentum and overreacting on 11:11 - Aug 17 with 4794 viewsexiledclaseboy

Momentum and overreacting on 11:08 - Aug 17 by Uxbridge

Er ... Noone called for restraint last week either? That's not quite true old chap.

You know what I mean. Those of us who called for restraint were shouted down by the naysayers.

Momentum and overreacting on 11:15 - Aug 17 with 4764 viewsUxbridge

Momentum and overreacting on 11:11 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

You know what I mean. Those of us who called for restraint were shouted down by the naysayers.

That's true enough old chap. Last week was all a bit daft.

Momentum and overreacting on 11:55 - Aug 17 with 4632 viewsScoobyWho

Momentum and overreacting on 11:08 - Aug 17 by Uxbridge

Craig ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Momentum and overreacting on 11:59 - Aug 17 with 4617 viewsDarran

Momentum and overreacting on 11:55 - Aug 17 by ScoobyWho

Craig ?

It's the fella from Hermans Hermits.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Momentum and overreacting on 12:00 - Aug 17 with 4617 viewsSilverSurfer

The important thing is the club and players have their feet on the ground, the fans are allowed to get carried away its part of the fun.

After a few games last year Carcrash FC were predicting that they were contenders for the title on their official site, now that's getting carried away
Momentum and overreacting on 12:08 - Aug 17 with 4565 viewsexiledclaseboy

Momentum and overreacting on 12:00 - Aug 17 by SilverSurfer

The important thing is the club and players have their feet on the ground, the fans are allowed to get carried away its part of the fun.

After a few games last year Carcrash FC were predicting that they were contenders for the title on their official site, now that's getting carried away

Almost as dumb as claiming that the manager is a tactically inept, yes man buffoon who we only employed 'cos he was cheap and would do as he's told.

Momentum and overreacting on 12:12 - Aug 17 with 4541 viewsUxbridge

Momentum and overreacting on 12:08 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

Almost as dumb as claiming that the manager is a tactically inept, yes man buffoon who we only employed 'cos he was cheap and would do as he's told.

Our OS said that? Scandalous!

That yes man thing was always bonkers though.

Momentum and overreacting on 12:15 - Aug 17 with 4532 viewsexiledclaseboy

Momentum and overreacting on 12:12 - Aug 17 by Uxbridge

Our OS said that? Scandalous!

That yes man thing was always bonkers though.

Stop picking semantical holes in every post. You're not Warwick. I hope he's ok anyway. He's gone quiet. Presumably up in Manc land celebrating.

Momentum and overreacting on 12:32 - Aug 17 with 4486 viewsUxbridge

Momentum and overreacting on 12:15 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

Stop picking semantical holes in every post. You're not Warwick. I hope he's ok anyway. He's gone quiet. Presumably up in Manc land celebrating.

He's on the other site. Seems fine.

Momentum and overreacting on 12:37 - Aug 17 with 4471 viewsexiledclaseboy

Momentum and overreacting on 12:32 - Aug 17 by Uxbridge

He's on the other site. Seems fine.

There's another site?

Momentum and overreacting on 12:43 - Aug 17 with 4452 viewsUxbridge

Momentum and overreacting on 12:37 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

There's another site?

There's like 4 or something.