Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attracting Players 01:38 - Aug 17 with 2123 viewsWanderer

If there is another positive to come out of the OT result, it is our profile being further enhanced.
People may well know who we are, but now the idea of " I would'nt mind playing in that team, they are going places......hell they can beat Man Utd on their own patch!"
Worldwide interest peeking, bloody good thing i say.
Attracting Players on 06:57 - Aug 17 with 1989 viewsdgt73

In terms of exposure you couldn't have picked a better game, Utd at old Trafford with a new manager and first game of the season. I don't know what the viewing figures are but wouldn't be surprised if that match was watched by tens of millions world wide and possibly much more.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Attracting Players on 07:56 - Aug 17 with 1907 viewsRancid

If we can beat Burnley then we might just be held in the same high esteem as someone like Montpelier.
Attracting Players on 08:06 - Aug 17 with 1873 viewsScoobyWho

Attracting players ?
Gylfi, Fernandez, Montero, Gomis, Fabianski ?

We are doing ok.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Attracting Players on 09:12 - Aug 17 with 1774 viewstomdickharry

With the signing of Fernandez imminent its going to be more than interesting to see what others we make,could some/a player come from below the radar in addition to those already known,perhaps DeGuzman may consider that he would like to be here after all,makes for an exiting period up to the end of transfer window.
Attracting Players on 09:32 - Aug 17 with 1716 viewsskippyjack

Fabianski.. International
Bony.. International
Ki.. International.. Best player
Gylfi.. International.. Best player
Gomis.. International.. Champions League experience
Montero.. International
Jonjo.. rated as a future England regular
Then the old guard.. Williams, Britton, Taylor, Dyer, Routledge, Rangel.. who are proven Premier League players..

We've bought players from Celtic, Spurs, Lyon, Arsenal, Liverpool.. who made 400 odd appearances for them.. we're a top 10 team on paper.. but we rarely show it.. imagine we had JDG and Michu.. plus this Champions League international from Napoli about to sign.. fans are blind!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Attracting Players on 09:36 - Aug 17 with 1693 viewsScoobyWho

Attracting Players on 09:32 - Aug 17 by skippyjack

Bony.. International
Montero.. International
Then the old guard.. Williams, Britton, Taylor, Dyer, Routledge, Rangel.. who are proven Premier League players..

We've bought players from Celtic, Spurs, Lyon, Arsenal, Liverpool.. who made 400 odd appearances for them.. we're a top 10 team on paper.. but we rarely show it.. imagine we had JDG and Michu.. plus this Champions League international from Napoli about to sign.. fans are blind!

Your case is very very proven

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Attracting Players on 09:39 - Aug 17 with 1677 viewsNaughty71

This is all academic really, because we have a very strict wage structure that our board will not break for any player, we will never be in the business of paying 100k a week to players. It will only ever happen when paying everyone on the books 100k a week is still only 70% of our turnover.

By that time, all the top tier clubs will be paying 500k a week to their players and we still won't be able to compete.

So we will always be looking for the "diamond in the rough" really, someone like Michu, Gylfi, Vorm etc. Low initial cost combined with decent wages, but not enough to break the bank.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Attracting Players on 10:01 - Aug 17 with 1633 viewsskippyjack

Attracting Players on 09:36 - Aug 17 by ScoobyWho

Your case is very very proven

As you mention it..in Man United's XI against us

Jones.. Overrated.. wouldn't fancy him here.. Fringe player.. never played a 3
Smalling.. Overrated.. wouldn't fancy him here.. Fringe player.. never played a 3
Blackett.. youngster.. inexperienced.. never played a game.. never mind a 3
Lingaard.. Championship player.. playing wingback.. he's a striker
Young.. rarely played.. Overrated.. fringe player
Herrera.. New player..
Fletcher.. hasn't played for God knows.. he's a mid table player ffs
Hernandez.. cracking player
Mata..cracking player
Rooney.. Overrated but a cracking player
Fellani.. a bully and a rubbish footballer..
Januzaj.. really good potential.. inexperienced

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Login to get fewer ads

Attracting Players on 10:02 - Aug 17 with 1621 viewsSwansNZ

Attracting Players on 07:56 - Aug 17 by Rancid

If we can beat Burnley then we might just be held in the same high esteem as someone like Montpelier.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Attracting Players on 10:23 - Aug 17 with 1545 viewsSwansNZ

Bony.. International
Montero.. International

It's 3 dots, don't you know...

Jonjo ... International

Attracting Players on 10:32 - Aug 17 with 1504 viewsskippyjack

Attracting Players on 10:23 - Aug 17 by SwansNZ

It's 3 dots, don't you know...

Jonjo ... International

Thanks for that.. I did know.. I'm not a fussy f*cker.. f*ck grammar.. f*ck re reading.. say it as it is.. some of these journalists are awful..

Attracting Players on 10:33 - Aug 17 with 1496 viewsSwan91

Bony.. International
Montero.. International

You could add a few more things onto that.

Fabianski... International ... Cup winner
Bony.. International
Ki.. International.. Best player ... Cup winner and cup finalist
Gylfi.. International.. Best player ... Europa league experience
Montero.. International
Then the old guard.. Williams, Britton, Taylor, Dyer, Routledge, Rangel.. who are proven Premier League players.. And cup winners

"imagine we had JDG and Michu"
I don't think I'd want them now( I've said this for a little while) why would we get JDG when there are 2 players already playing in his position (Ki and Shelvey) we shouldn't spend that 7million on him and should get a CDM and RB with that money instead.

Would be interesting to see what happens with michu though. What happens if we do well this season and Napoli don't end up buying him. Would we keep him and gylf as the 2 options or would we still get rid of him.
Attracting Players on 10:36 - Aug 17 with 1480 viewsSwansNZ

Attracting Players on 10:33 - Aug 17 by Swan91

Bony.. International
Montero.. International
Then the old guard.. Williams, Britton, Taylor, Dyer, Routledge, Rangel.. who are proven Premier League players.. And cup winners

I don't think I'd want them now( I've said this for a little while) why would we get JDG when there are 2 players already playing in his position (Ki and Shelvey) we shouldn't spend that 7million on him and should get a CDM and RB with that money instead.

Would be interesting to see what happens with michu though. What happens if we do well this season and Napoli don't end up buying him. Would we keep him and gylf as the 2 options or would we still get rid of him.

No way will Michu be back

Attracting Players on 10:38 - Aug 17 with 1452 viewsepaul

Bony.. International
Montero.. International

Great post Skippy

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Attracting Players on 10:42 - Aug 17 with 1429 viewsskippyjack

Attracting Players on 10:33 - Aug 17 by Swan91

Bony.. International
Montero.. International

I could add

Gomis..Coupe de France
Ki.. League winner
Jonjo.. Cup winner.. European experience
Montero..Cup winner

What are you smoking.. if Michu wanted to stay.. and JDG another loan.. you wouldn't want them.. and we would still have funds to buy a CDM..

Attracting Players on 10:51 - Aug 17 with 1378 viewsSwan91

Attracting Players on 10:42 - Aug 17 by skippyjack

I could add

Gomis..Coupe de France
Ki.. League winner
Jonjo.. Cup winner.. European experience
Montero..Cup winner

What are you smoking.. if Michu wanted to stay.. and JDG another loan.. you wouldn't want them.. and we would still have funds to buy a CDM..

Yes I wouldn't want them. Not from last seasons performances anyway. Michu looked like he had no interest and I'm pretty sure gylfi is more than good enough to replace michu. And I wouldn't want JDG on loan because that 3players for 1 position. No point we are not in Europe so we don't need that many in each position. And I'm pretty sure all 3 of them would be unhappy with the lack of games. So far Ki is showing that he can be first choice for us and he can possibly do quite well.
Attracting Players on 11:03 - Aug 17 with 1319 viewsskippyjack

Tremble
Michu
JDG
Gomis
Montero
Dwight
Amat

You'd turn that bench down? fans are blind!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024