Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My club....Your club.....Their club 15:16 - Aug 28 with 1772 viewsDDCH

Before the game on Tuesday myself and my friend were having a chat about the impending release of Jack to a King, and if it will be a rehash of the BBC documentary.

The biggest talking point was about the ‘official history’ of the recent (last 20 years) at the club and the highs and lows. The people talking about their memories and the Kevin Johnification of the supporter base.......the pop and crisp, up the workies, money in a biscuit tin supporter that is always shown.

We got to talking about memories on the North Bank, and away trips. People rammed into the back of rusty hire transit vans. Cans of shit lager whilst being gassed with exhaust fumes, and times you laugh until you can’t breath. Those are a lot of off field memories, as the on field ones were often not ones you care to remember.

I have forgotten more games than I can remember, yet it often what goes on around the game that cement the memory. My School mate taking a run at one of the big blue Gulf Oil bins behind the North Bank after a few too many beers pre match, sidestepping a steward and American Football style launching it with a shoulder barge only to be dragged off by 2 coppers.

Asking in the club shop if they were going to stock keepers kit next year, and being told if I pay earlier they will order me one when they get Roger’s kit in.
The gutted faces of the Port Vale fans when we knocked them out of the Autoglass, and of course the white hot atmospheres against Cardiff.

The Petty era for many was some marches and a meeting (me included) as not directly having the cash to help rescue the club but the feeling that something must be done and the birth of direct supporter action at our club.

I won’t keep on, as I have habits of posting too much what’s on my brain.....but my main point is as much as I am looking forward to Jack to a King.....I hope they don’t wheel out the stripy jumper brigade for all the sound bites, and maybe explore a more balanced approach at our club and football fan culture in general.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 15:17]

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

My club....Your club.....Their club on 15:19 - Aug 28 with 1760 viewsDarran

Great post that,back of a van with someone's mattress.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

My club....Your club.....Their club on 15:26 - Aug 28 with 1741 viewsCatullus

My club....Your club.....Their club on 15:19 - Aug 28 by Darran

Great post that,back of a van with someone's mattress.

I went on a bus from the Pantygwydr once, never again. Les Lake took a leak on my seat before I got on (after a pub stop) We had already taken a diversion through Cardiff just to abuse anyone they saw.
We were late to the game (Bristol City) and one down before I got in. We lost, 3-1 I think and then it kicked off in the car park afterwards.
Anyone who tried getting on the bus was told fight or we'll beat you up!! I'm not a fighter so I wandered away. I saw several people get leathered by cops on horseback.
It was interesting, but I don't miss it!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

My club....Your club.....Their club on 16:47 - Aug 28 with 1688 viewsDDCH

Luckily I have never been on a coach with people trying to force you to fight.....I have however seen the kipping in the back of a van

My mate was telling me a story of running late to a game and lads holding onto someone whilst he pissed out of the back doors of a transit van going down a motorway LOL

I doubt that'll be in the film, but that sort of madness was what I remember.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024