Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Dear 14:03 - Aug 31 with 5437 viewssnork44

Again Ben is on the bench and Vorm is ignored for a 40 year old American Keeper. As Darran would says 'fvck em' !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Oh Dear on 14:21 - Aug 31 with 4334 viewspremierjack

I really hope Ben's career doesn't suffer from the move, sadly with Danny rose signing a new 5 year deal I think Ben will have to settle for sitting on the bench for a while.
Oh Dear on 14:24 - Aug 31 with 4307 viewsthomasJack

What happened with roberto soldado

Poll: Next signing

Oh Dear on 14:28 - Aug 31 with 4270 viewspremierjack

Oh Dear on 14:24 - Aug 31 by thomasJack

What happened with roberto soldado

New manager thinks he's crap
Oh Dear on 14:29 - Aug 31 with 4264 viewsGixerJack

Vorm??? Who's he?
Oh Dear on 14:53 - Aug 31 with 4169 viewsNOTRAC

Spurs are having a hammering anyway.They are awful.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Oh Dear on 14:55 - Aug 31 with 4153 viewsperchrockjack

Poor career move for Ben.

Vorm finished as international

Greed kills

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Oh Dear on 14:57 - Aug 31 with 4137 viewsKennedy

Is Fernandez thinking the same?

Vorm - was a pointless move for him.

But Ben will be first choice in a few weeks i think

Just call me JFK

Oh Dear on 14:59 - Aug 31 with 4123 viewsjackonicko

It's still early to say the swans curse has struck Ben. But it might have.

However, not too early to say that Vorm is already cursed. Perhaps it affects goalkeepers more ( DDV is my second favourite affliction after Andy Robinson).
Login to get fewer ads

Oh Dear on 15:00 - Aug 31 with 4117 viewsswanduck

Ben on now.
Oh Dear on 15:01 - Aug 31 with 4108 viewsDavillin

My first impulse was a kind of gentle pity, but then I reminded myself that I have never tried lifting his pay packet. It'd probably crack a few vertebrae.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Oh Dear on 15:03 - Aug 31 with 4088 viewslifelong

Oh Dear on 14:55 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

Poor career move for Ben.

Vorm finished as international

Greed kills

I agree, money talks though eh?
Oh Dear on 15:07 - Aug 31 with 4062 viewsmonmouth

Townsend or Dyer....now let me see....ho ho ho ho ho.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Oh Dear on 15:08 - Aug 31 with 4048 viewsperchrockjack

Rog.

I've done well in life and financially have no issues of concern

I always said I d buy a house Caswell way but we re happy here.

If I was given more money I wouldn't go back as you put down roots.

It's why Gerard hasn't moved

Most people could manage on 20k per annul.

That would put the kids in good schools, private health, good holidays and great lifestyle.

Ash is very very wise , Ben might get to hate the big city lights

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Oh Dear on 15:13 - Aug 31 with 4011 viewssnork44

Oh Dear on 15:07 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Woy, would definitely say Townsend ! Even if Townend give the ball away in every game and had dodgy hamstrings!

Oh Dear on 15:13 - Aug 31 with 4008 viewssnork44

Oh Dear on 15:07 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Woy, would definitely say Townsend ! Even if Townsend give the ball away in every game and had dodgy hamstrings!

Oh Dear on 15:19 - Aug 31 with 3971 viewsJonnyTheJack

He's been there 2 months and people think it's a poor move for him. The same stuff was said about Allen.

Vorm had no chance of 1st team football with Lloris there.
Oh Dear on 15:26 - Aug 31 with 3919 viewsItchySphincter

Oh Dear on 15:19 - Aug 31 by JonnyTheJack

He's been there 2 months and people think it's a poor move for him. The same stuff was said about Allen.

Vorm had no chance of 1st team football with Lloris there.

Ben may never get the chance to play for his hometown club again and his career could easily stall there if he's not careful, same for Joe up there. Having moved to the smoke myself in my early 20's and then coming back I can definitely say, with the benefit of hindsight of course, that it is better here. Daft move if you ask me but one we as a club have done very well from.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Oh Dear on 15:36 - Aug 31 with 3855 viewsJonnyTheJack

Oh Dear on 15:26 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

Ben may never get the chance to play for his hometown club again and his career could easily stall there if he's not careful, same for Joe up there. Having moved to the smoke myself in my early 20's and then coming back I can definitely say, with the benefit of hindsight of course, that it is better here. Daft move if you ask me but one we as a club have done very well from.

Allen is doing great for them?

He'll beat out Danny Rose eventually. He's on more money, playing for one of the best teams in the league, in europe and maybe eventually the champions league.
Oh Dear on 15:59 - Aug 31 with 3771 viewslondonlisa2001

Oh Dear on 15:36 - Aug 31 by JonnyTheJack

Allen is doing great for them?

He'll beat out Danny Rose eventually. He's on more money, playing for one of the best teams in the league, in europe and maybe eventually the champions league.

Why do you think he will beat out Danny Rose eventually? Ironically, the one who has really benefitted from Ben's arrival at Spurs is Rose - perhaps it was the kick up the backside he needed, but albeit that Ben was only on the pitch for a short time, Rose looked better than him today. They're roughly the same age aren't they?

By the way - I think it'll be interesting to see what happens for Wales going forward. If Taylor is playing week in and week out in the Premier League and Ben is on the spurs bench, then Taylor should be the one picked for Wales as well.
Oh Dear on 16:08 - Aug 31 with 3737 viewsApeShit

Oh Dear on 15:59 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Why do you think he will beat out Danny Rose eventually? Ironically, the one who has really benefitted from Ben's arrival at Spurs is Rose - perhaps it was the kick up the backside he needed, but albeit that Ben was only on the pitch for a short time, Rose looked better than him today. They're roughly the same age aren't they?

By the way - I think it'll be interesting to see what happens for Wales going forward. If Taylor is playing week in and week out in the Premier League and Ben is on the spurs bench, then Taylor should be the one picked for Wales as well.

Your a bit of a Spurs fan aren't you?

Anyone who says its a bad career move for Ben is deluded.

And Joe Allen is doing brilliantly for Liverpool.
Oh Dear on 16:14 - Aug 31 with 3693 viewslondonlisa2001

Oh Dear on 16:08 - Aug 31 by ApeShit

no, not at all - really don't like them at all actually and think they're overrated as a club as well. Champions League aspirations - not unless something changes very quickly there.

I haven't mentioned Joe Allen? I also think he's doing well for Liverpool (who incidentally I also don't like).

And it may or may not turn out to be a good or bad career move for Ben - it'll obviously be good for his pocket, in the short term but whether it's good for his career as a footballer who knows - it's too early to tell. Tell you one thing though - it's not started the way that he was hoping, I'll guarantee that.

Also - anyone that thinks we got the bad deal out of the Ben / Siggy swapathon (and there were a few who reckoned Ben was worth more than Siggy) - think again! Only one winner out of that, and it's not Spurs who've ended up with a player that can literally change a game and looks in a different class at a Premier League level.
Oh Dear on 16:17 - Aug 31 with 3677 viewsApeShit

Oh Dear on 16:14 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

no, not at all - really don't like them at all actually and think they're overrated as a club as well. Champions League aspirations - not unless something changes very quickly there.

I haven't mentioned Joe Allen? I also think he's doing well for Liverpool (who incidentally I also don't like).

And it may or may not turn out to be a good or bad career move for Ben - it'll obviously be good for his pocket, in the short term but whether it's good for his career as a footballer who knows - it's too early to tell. Tell you one thing though - it's not started the way that he was hoping, I'll guarantee that.

Also - anyone that thinks we got the bad deal out of the Ben / Siggy swapathon (and there were a few who reckoned Ben was worth more than Siggy) - think again! Only one winner out of that, and it's not Spurs who've ended up with a player that can literally change a game and looks in a different class at a Premier League level.

Can't argue with any of that.

I wasn't referring to you about Joe btw.
Oh Dear on 16:27 - Aug 31 with 3633 viewslondonlisa2001

Oh Dear on 16:17 - Aug 31 by ApeShit

Can't argue with any of that.

I wasn't referring to you about Joe btw.

I did wonder !

Incidentally on a related note, I thought that Taylor had a much better game yesterday - he looked like he is beginning to get a bit of speed back - there was one moment when he tracked back and put in a great covering tackle (I can't remember exactly against who at the moment) but it caught the eye. I think the change to the system (or the full backs not overlapping as much) is suiting his play - he is a good defender.
Oh Dear on 17:42 - Aug 31 with 3469 viewspremierjack

Oh Dear on 16:08 - Aug 31 by ApeShit

It will be a bad career move if he doesn't play!!

I hope he gets the nod in front of Rose soon, I would like to see Ben do well.
Oh Dear on 17:46 - Aug 31 with 3442 viewsNeiltheTaylor

He has joined a team who are direct rivals of ours. I hope is is awful every week he is picked.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024