Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tate not in 25 man squad 17:25 - Sep 4 with 6607 viewsquiff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29058359

At the bottom of the page there's a list of all the prem team's squads, the omission I noticed from ours was Tate (despite people like Donelly and Obeng being included) Does this further add to the rumour about a coaching role? or an imminent loan deal perhaps?

He seemed the most notable name missing, anyone else I've missed?

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:27 - Sep 4 with 4897 viewsthejack1912

No Rory Donnelly
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 17:28]

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:29 - Sep 4 with 4877 viewsLeonisGod

His time was up a long time ago. No Jay Fulton is more of a surprise. I was half expecting Kingsley to get in before Obeng too.
Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:31 - Sep 4 with 4873 viewsLeonisGod

Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:29 - Sep 4 by LeonisGod

His time was up a long time ago. No Jay Fulton is more of a surprise. I was half expecting Kingsley to get in before Obeng too.

Doh, ignore that as he's under the age limit so is still eligible.
Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:31 - Sep 4 with 4869 viewslondonlisa2001

Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:29 - Sep 4 by LeonisGod

they're both under 21 and are not named in the 25. They're both available.

And Donnelly is on the list (someone else mentioned him).
Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:31 - Sep 4 with 4869 viewsquiff

Sorry just saw the other thread on this! Fulton is due to injury I assume (Can probably amend the squad in Jan) Donnelly is up on the list on the BBC site.

Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:38 - Sep 4 with 4829 viewshooplehead

Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:31 - Sep 4 by quiff

Sorry just saw the other thread on this! Fulton is due to injury I assume (Can probably amend the squad in Jan) Donnelly is up on the list on the BBC site.

fulton is not 21 yet

no need to be named
Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:42 - Sep 4 with 4802 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Does this really count as news? I mean he hardly had a game in the Championship let alone the PL.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tate not in 25 man squad on 18:45 - Sep 4 with 4682 viewsSTEVE1

Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:42 - Sep 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Does this really count as news? I mean he hardly had a game in the Championship let alone the PL.

Exactly he have got no coaching qualifications at all and seeing he have spent the last 3 years doing nothing i doubt will ever have any. We need to get him of the wage bill getting somebody to take him is going to be some what harder.
Login to get fewer ads

Tate not in 25 man squad on 18:51 - Sep 4 with 4643 viewsApeShit

He's not missing, he shouldn't be on there.
Tate not in 25 man squad on 18:52 - Sep 4 with 4636 viewsjack247

Tatey is an absolute Jack hero, but I'm amazed he is still here. Him not being in the 25 man squad is not a massive surprise.
Tate not in 25 man squad on 18:54 - Sep 4 with 4633 viewslonglostjack

Tatey is too busy showing Obama how to handle the golf buggies at Celtic Manor

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tate not in 25 man squad on 18:57 - Sep 4 with 4612 viewsC_jack

Tate not in 25 man squad on 17:42 - Sep 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Apart from that one in the play off final?

He was a regular in the Championship, and to be fair, a steady hand in our first season at the top.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:03 - Sep 4 with 4594 viewslondonlisa2001

Tate not in 25 man squad on 18:57 - Sep 4 by C_jack

He was a regular in the Championship, and to be fair, a steady hand in our first season at the top.

When Taylor was sent off against Forest, even after we got through that game at nil nil (with Dyer having incidentally, one of the most unbelievable games I have ever seen in terms of workrate) I must admit that I was terrified about Tate at full back for the semi and final.

I couldn't have been more wrong - he was outstanding in that final game - every ounce of his experience made up for his lack of pace and he was the one that set up both pens as well. For all that his time is up and on balance we should have paid him off by now, I will never forget his contribution. He rarely let us down on the pitch, even if some of his off field stuff was maybe ill advised at times.
Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:04 - Sep 4 with 4593 viewsjack247

Tate not in 25 man squad on 18:57 - Sep 4 by C_jack

I thought he captained us in our first game, then had the golf buggy incident soon after and didn't play/hardly played again?

He was first reserve for all of the back 4 in our last Championship season, so played quite a lot
Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:08 - Sep 4 with 4570 viewsC_jack

Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:04 - Sep 4 by jack247

I thought he captained us in our first game, then had the golf buggy incident soon after and didn't play/hardly played again?

He was first reserve for all of the back 4 in our last Championship season, so played quite a lot

Could be right, by no means embarrassed himself up to that time though.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:10 - Sep 4 with 4561 viewsSTEVE1

Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:04 - Sep 4 by jack247

That is correct he very rarly was first choice when we had a first back 4 even when we won promotion from league 1 and 2 he played a but but normally back up. The premiership though was more than a step too far the last game he played against Everton was a disaster Laudrup took him off early and he comes out in the paper the following week slagging all the other players off.
Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:24 - Sep 4 with 4523 viewsJackoBoostardo

Garry Monk said some time ago (I'll have to try and find the interview not too long after his appointment as manager when he was asked the question about his plans for Tate), and Monk said Tate accepts his days as a player are over.

From the comments it may be the case Tate will have a position in back room staff. Nothing definite.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:35 - Sep 4 with 4488 viewsApeShit

Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:24 - Sep 4 by JackoBoostardo

Garry Monk said some time ago (I'll have to try and find the interview not too long after his appointment as manager when he was asked the question about his plans for Tate), and Monk said Tate accepts his days as a player are over.

From the comments it may be the case Tate will have a position in back room staff. Nothing definite.

Backroom staff?

Doing what exactly?
Tate not in 25 man squad on 20:27 - Sep 4 with 4400 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:08 - Sep 4 by C_jack

Could be right, by no means embarrassed himself up to that time though.

I agree with all of the above positive posts regarding Alan Tate. He epitomized along with Leon the spirit that carried the club to where it is now. With Taylor off it could have meant curtains for promotion but Alan came in and the rest is history.
All I meant is that time moves on and catches up with everyone at some point. The club is now signing Argentinian internationals for 8 million so you can see where I'm coming from, at least I hope people can.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tate not in 25 man squad on 20:38 - Sep 4 with 4368 viewsMartyrman57

Lee Lucas not on list ?
Tate not in 25 man squad on 20:56 - Sep 4 with 4306 viewsJackoBoostardo

Tate not in 25 man squad on 19:35 - Sep 4 by ApeShit

Backroom staff?

Doing what exactly?

No idea - He didn't say. Just commented that his experience could certainly be used to improve the team (insinuating backroom staff maybe?)...

who knows? Comment could be something or nothing really.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Tate not in 25 man squad on 20:56 - Sep 4 with 4306 viewsmysonsarejacks

I may be wrong, but I think Tate has been doing a bit of coaching with the youngsters.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Tate not in 25 man squad on 21:13 - Sep 4 with 4257 viewsquiff

As much as I'll always love him the time has long gone where he should be picking up a wage at the club, I don't feel we should find him something to do in the backroom staff just for the sake of it either. At the age he is he should still be looking to play at a lower level.

Tate not in 25 man squad on 21:25 - Sep 4 with 4224 viewsSTEVE1

Tate not in 25 man squad on 21:13 - Sep 4 by quiff

As much as I'll always love him the time has long gone where he should be picking up a wage at the club, I don't feel we should find him something to do in the backroom staff just for the sake of it either. At the age he is he should still be looking to play at a lower level.

To be honest there are a few at the club that have no time for him. He does the minimum training when fit and when ased questions on his testimonial he is always very hard work. A well known member of staff you all know but I will not name stated that he feels like shaking some life into him.
Tate not in 25 man squad on 21:45 - Sep 4 with 4191 viewsJango

He couldn't get in Yeovil or Aberdeens team which sums up
His talent. Egotistical knobhead
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024