Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rednapp criticises FFP 13:41 - Sep 12 with 3762 viewsJackSomething

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29172142

I'm not fully in agreement with it myself, but it takes brass balls for a manager who has already helped take one club to the brink of extinction to complain about it.

His argument is along the lines that all FFP does is keep the biggest clubs where they are and make it more difficult for others to challenge them. There is some merit to this to be fair, even if the intention was to stop clubs spending beyond their means. Like Portsmouth. Remember them Harry?

Not only is he hypocritical about his past spending, he fails to notice that QPR spent far more money than anyone else in the Championship last season, without which they probably wouldn't be in the Premier League. So it's not fair that the biggest clubs can spend more than everyone else, except when he's the manager of one of those clubs.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Rednapp criticises FFP on 13:44 - Sep 12 with 3751 viewsmattjenkins1990

harry is not the man to be commenting on finances

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Rednapp criticises FFP on 13:51 - Sep 12 with 3725 viewsperchrockjack

His pet dog does his finances anyway.

Please god these termites go down

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Rednapp criticises FFP on 14:48 - Sep 12 with 3579 viewsDyfnant

He's a bumbling imbecile, needs to engage his brain before speaking. To think a couple of posters on here wanted him to manage us

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Rednapp criticises FFP on 14:53 - Sep 12 with 3560 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I thought we voted against it too. Or something similar.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Rednapp criticises FFP on 14:58 - Sep 12 with 3548 viewstrolley_jack

His point is FFP sould be a level playing field, if every club in the league was capped with the same transfer budget that would make things more interesting and financially fair. Think he has a fair point but if that was the case players would go to where the money is. Though I'd be interested to see how van Gaal would cope with the same budget as Monk.
Rednapp criticises FFP on 15:09 - Sep 12 with 3521 viewssomersetsimon

I thought the FPP rules do give some leeway for clubs to post losses for a few years, so you do have the opportunity to invest in better players, become more successful on the pitch and gain a bigger income. The problem with some clubs is that the losses they are racking up are far greater than the income they could ever achieve.

The opportunities for growing income (from increased ticket sales, sponsorship and other off the field commercial activities) for teams like Swansea and QPR probably only amount to a few million a year so spending 10's of millions to achieve that is totally irresponsible.
Rednapp criticises FFP on 16:01 - Sep 12 with 3440 viewsJackSomething

Rednapp criticises FFP on 15:09 - Sep 12 by somersetsimon

I thought the FPP rules do give some leeway for clubs to post losses for a few years, so you do have the opportunity to invest in better players, become more successful on the pitch and gain a bigger income. The problem with some clubs is that the losses they are racking up are far greater than the income they could ever achieve.

The opportunities for growing income (from increased ticket sales, sponsorship and other off the field commercial activities) for teams like Swansea and QPR probably only amount to a few million a year so spending 10's of millions to achieve that is totally irresponsible.

Precisely. FFP is far from perfect, but it will hopefully act as some form of deterrent to clubs simply looking to buy success. See Chelsea for example balancing the books this summer by selling Luiz and Lukaku, not something they've been too bothered about in the past.

It does mean those with the biggest income will always have a huge advantage. Man United have spent a huge amount over the last year, imagine how much more they could spend if it wasn't for the Glazers.

Redknapp though is the last person who should be commenting. He spent a fortune on players while at Portsmouth who had a ground capacity of 21k. He's now the manager of a club who have spent over £80m on transfers in the last three seasons, while having a ground capacity of 18.5k.

Portsmouth almost went out of business, QPR gain this advantage over other clubs because they have rich owners. These are the kinds of situations FFP was brought in to stop.

What makes it worse is he can't even bring any eloquence or intelligence to the debate. He's dumbed it down to a level that the average Sun reading neanderthal can agree with because 'Arry's a man of the people isn't he?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Rednapp criticises FFP on 16:47 - Sep 12 with 3365 viewsSilverSurfer

Rednapp criticises FFP on 14:53 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I thought we voted against it too. Or something similar.

we did vote against it on the principle that we wouldn't want anyone to tell us how to run the club
Login to get fewer ads

Rednapp criticises FFP on 16:55 - Sep 12 with 3342 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Rednapp criticises FFP on 16:47 - Sep 12 by SilverSurfer

we did vote against it on the principle that we wouldn't want anyone to tell us how to run the club

I thought it was because we knew it wouldn't be fair as at the time we were the smallest club in the league and we'd have been confined to remaining the smallest club in the league without any hope of competing.

Rednapp criticises FFP on 18:52 - Sep 12 with 3238 viewsSweyns_Eye

Rednapp criticises FFP on 16:55 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I thought it was because we knew it wouldn't be fair as at the time we were the smallest club in the league and we'd have been confined to remaining the smallest club in the league without any hope of competing.

I'm beginning to think you dislike the Swans with what you come out with. I'd love you to produce a quote or article with someone at the club saying what you just did to see you prove you're right. But you won't as you can't.

If I recall correctly, SCFC voted against FFP as they didn't believe the measures went far enough. This was confirmed by Huw Jenkins at a fans forum not long after the vote. If I'm wrong in my recollection then I will welcome being corrected. I just know the correction won't come from you though as I don't believe you attend the Fans Forums.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Rednapp criticises FFP on 18:55 - Sep 12 with 3233 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Rednapp criticises FFP on 18:52 - Sep 12 by Sweyns_Eye

I'm beginning to think you dislike the Swans with what you come out with. I'd love you to produce a quote or article with someone at the club saying what you just did to see you prove you're right. But you won't as you can't.

If I recall correctly, SCFC voted against FFP as they didn't believe the measures went far enough. This was confirmed by Huw Jenkins at a fans forum not long after the vote. If I'm wrong in my recollection then I will welcome being corrected. I just know the correction won't come from you though as I don't believe you attend the Fans Forums.

I informed Phil of when I was out of the country and unfortunately the date of the forum fell during the period when I was away.

I had been looking forward to attending since around February too.

Rednapp criticises FFP on 19:26 - Sep 12 with 3174 viewsDewi1jack

Rednapp criticises FFP on 18:55 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I informed Phil of when I was out of the country and unfortunately the date of the forum fell during the period when I was away.

So you'll be at the next one then?
I drive you down from that Salford sh1tehole with the team you really support, so as you can ask all the questions you said you would.
As for QPha, personally I hope they get relegated, not allowed into the FL and banned from the Conference as well.
Where's that other mug Swansearanger? Or are him and DYSS the same person?
Loves a good conspiracy theory me.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Rednapp criticises FFP on 19:27 - Sep 12 with 3171 viewssomersetsimon

Rednapp criticises FFP on 16:55 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I doubt that, as there was never any chance we would gamble for success by going way into debt. I thought Huw's attitude at the time was that it was none of our business if other clubs wanted to run themselves badly.
Rednapp criticises FFP on 19:28 - Sep 12 with 3168 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Rednapp criticises FFP on 19:26 - Sep 12 by Dewi1jack

So you'll be at the next one then?
I drive you down from that Salford sh1tehole with the team you really support, so as you can ask all the questions you said you would.
As for QPha, personally I hope they get relegated, not allowed into the FL and banned from the Conference as well.
Where's that other mug Swansearanger? Or are him and DYSS the same person?
Loves a good conspiracy theory me.

If I'm in Swansea when it occurs yes. Although if Manchester United are playing then I'll be at Old Trafford.

Rednapp criticises FFP on 19:34 - Sep 12 with 3155 viewsSweyns_Eye

Rednapp criticises FFP on 18:55 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There's been more than the one forum you know. The previous comments were made at a previous one.

I know you missed the recent one, and I know you told Phil you'd be out of the country (you told us all) but you didn't offer a reason for not attending any of the previous fora. Its too late to do so now, its all in the past and in any case you weren't a fan of the Swans in those days.

Keep digging that hole Dwight, its very amusing.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.

Rednapp criticises FFP on 19:38 - Sep 12 with 3142 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Rednapp criticises FFP on 19:34 - Sep 12 by Sweyns_Eye

There's been more than the one forum you know. The previous comments were made at a previous one.

I know you missed the recent one, and I know you told Phil you'd be out of the country (you told us all) but you didn't offer a reason for not attending any of the previous fora. Its too late to do so now, its all in the past and in any case you weren't a fan of the Swans in those days.

Keep digging that hole Dwight, its very amusing.

My anger and distrust towards the board has only really developed over the past 9 months or so. Too many catastrophic and humongous mistakes have been continuously made which is not good enough for a business turning over close to £100m annually.

We were run fairly well before we got to the Premier League and it's only in the past couple of seasons where severe complacency, laziness and the huge divide between fans and the board has developed.

Rednapp criticises FFP on 20:13 - Sep 12 with 3100 viewsSweyns_Eye

Rednapp criticises FFP on 19:38 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

My anger and distrust towards the board has only really developed over the past 9 months or so. Too many catastrophic and humongous mistakes have been continuously made which is not good enough for a business turning over close to £100m annually.

We were run fairly well before we got to the Premier League and it's only in the past couple of seasons where severe complacency, laziness and the huge divide between fans and the board has developed.

'catastrophic and humongous mistakes' you say.

Well, the 'business' is turning a profit.
The shareholders have enjoyed a nice dividend
The product is performing well.
Investment has been made and plans are in place for further investment.
All investment is based on sustainable revenue streams not funded by borrowings.
Demand for tickets remains oversubscribed.
The business attracts plaudits for its operations in a market dominated by profligacy, greed and cynicism.

Doesn't sound too bad to me. I would apply your adjectives to Kodaks decision not to get an early start in the digital camera market for example but certainly not the Swans. Just more negative hyperbole from you Dwight.

anyway, I'm off to watch a film.

Rednapp criticises FFP on 22:08 - Sep 12 with 3012 viewsGixerJack

Rednapp criticises FFP on 20:13 - Sep 12 by Sweyns_Eye

'catastrophic and humongous mistakes' you say.

Well, the 'business' is turning a profit.
The shareholders have enjoyed a nice dividend
The product is performing well.
Investment has been made and plans are in place for further investment.
All investment is based on sustainable revenue streams not funded by borrowings.
Demand for tickets remains oversubscribed.
The business attracts plaudits for its operations in a market dominated by profligacy, greed and cynicism.

Doesn't sound too bad to me. I would apply your adjectives to Kodaks decision not to get an early start in the digital camera market for example but certainly not the Swans. Just more negative hyperbole from you Dwight.

anyway, I'm off to watch a film.

You forgot to mention the big screens and advertising boards..
Rednapp criticises FFP on 00:17 - Sep 13 with 2899 viewsSweyns_Eye

Rednapp criticises FFP on 22:08 - Sep 12 by GixerJack

You forgot to mention the big screens and advertising boards..

No I didn't forget. They weren't worthy of mention in the context of my answer. I think crowd facing LED ad boards are a bad idea but undeserving of the overblown criticism by our newest minorWUM.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024