Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC 18:56 - Sep 12 with 109706 viewsSwanzay

As the HD pack on Mash Up is now defunct for this season, what to peeps recommend for watching the Swans via XBMC?

Kiwi sports any good?

Bein sports via Navi X?

Thanks in advance
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 15:21 - Sep 27 with 7921 viewsHugeEnkins

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:51 - Sep 27 by Elward

whenevr i click this it keeps saying "one or more items failed to play"

Its gone tits up. I'm now watching it on sports devil > live sports > wiring and the first one in the list . decent too.
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 15:25 - Sep 27 with 7907 viewsshimmie

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 15:21 - Sep 27 by HugeEnkins

Its gone tits up. I'm now watching it on sports devil > live sports > wiring and the first one in the list . decent too.

Would I be able to do the same on an iPad or is that PC only?
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 15:27 - Sep 27 with 7899 viewsHugeEnkins

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 15:25 - Sep 27 by shimmie

Would I be able to do the same on an iPad or is that PC only?

Assuming you haven't jailbroken the iPad and installed XBMC, I don't know to be honest. Try www.wiziwig.tv maybe?
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 15:53 - Sep 27 with 7835 viewsElward

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 15:21 - Sep 27 by HugeEnkins

i've clicked on live sports but cant see "wiring"
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:09 - Sep 27 with 7774 viewsHugeEnkins

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 15:53 - Sep 27 by Elward

i've clicked on live sports but cant see "wiring"

Fing auto correct. Wiziwig I meant. Sorry.
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:14 - Sep 27 with 7763 viewsmorningstar

Best stream today is the one on adtenet.tv

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:44 - Sep 27 with 7739 viewsShaky

Set a virtual machine up using http://www.hotspotshield.com/ as the VPN and now enjoying the best of both worlds :-)

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:55 - Sep 27 with 7721 viewsDDCH

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:44 - Sep 27 by Shaky

Set a virtual machine up using http://www.hotspotshield.com/ as the VPN and now enjoying the best of both worlds :-)

Thanks Shaky for the link earlier in the thread

I got the NBC stream through a US VPN but was getting a fair amount of buffering from time to time. Is this common or is my VPN provider at fault?

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Login to get fewer ads

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 17:00 - Sep 27 with 7709 viewsShaky

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:55 - Sep 27 by DDCH

Thanks Shaky for the link earlier in the thread

I got the NBC stream through a US VPN but was getting a fair amount of buffering from time to time. Is this common or is my VPN provider at fault?

I tried first with the initial free vpn link I pasted up and got loads of buffering, but with hotspot shield it is perfect.

NBC stream is also pretty high quality -- thanks again Polskijack

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 17:03 - Sep 27 with 7705 viewsDDCH

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 17:00 - Sep 27 by Shaky

I tried first with the initial free vpn link I pasted up and got loads of buffering, but with hotspot shield it is perfect.

I use Pure VPN which is paid for. Have always found it good but tried about 10 of their different US servers with similar results.

I read to connect with PPTP protocol and that seemed to help but still had the odd buffer.

A bit more tinkering and I am sure it'll be good.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:02 - Sep 27 with 7670 viewsPolskijack

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 17:00 - Sep 27 by Shaky

No problem. I haven't been able to catch a live Swans game since the cup final last year so it's great to able to see the games via the web each week. It's a far cry from the old Paltalk days!
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:19 - Sep 27 with 7656 viewsShaky

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:02 - Sep 27 by Polskijack

No problem. I haven't been able to catch a live Swans game since the cup final last year so it's great to able to see the games via the web each week. It's a far cry from the old Paltalk days!

Do you mind me asking what kind of work you are doing over there?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:33 - Sep 27 with 7640 viewsPolskijack

Not at all. I teach English although this wasn't the original intention but needs must!
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:47 - Sep 27 with 7622 viewsShaky

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:33 - Sep 27 by Polskijack

Not at all. I teach English although this wasn't the original intention but needs must!

Goof stuff.

They mostly speak German down there if I recall properly; my German isn't too bad as it goes, but it greatly improves after a few bottles of Zubrowka.

One of my then good friends and clients was an elderly giant of an ex-boxer and fighter pilot who had to carry me to bed on several occasions, following our aherm business meetings down there ;-)

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 19:05 - Sep 27 with 7609 viewsSwanzay

Like others suggest Phil S, can me make this thread a sticky in order to help fellow posters!
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 21:16 - Sep 27 with 7578 viewsoldgrey

You would think that in these money grabbing days, the premier league, sky etc would set up some kind of legal, paid for, flawless streaming site so people can watch their teams play "away". I would have thought it would not have a great affect on attendances. Many of us watch these dodgy streams anyway and gripe about the quality, but stick with them because by and large the experience is good.
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 15:26 - Sep 28 with 7500 viewsswans11

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 11:05 - Sep 27 by Polskijack

We are on NBC Sports extra today so it might be worth giving this new addon a try:

https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin.video.nbcsnliveextra

Just download the zip link on the right of the page and add to XBMC in the usual way.

Not tried to watch any games yet but the Ryder cup broadcast works well.

Looks great thanks can even change quality so don't have stream in hd if Internet not good enough. If this add on stays active every game 8th good quality 3 quid month happy with that
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:03 - Sep 29 with 7419 viewsHugeEnkins

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:05 - Sep 27 by Shaky

Here is a free one: http://www.getusvpn.com/

But my mate's connection should be back up by Wednesday and I haven't the time to fart around with anything new right now.

Thanks for the tips though.

Anyone managed to get this working? It generates a network error when I try to connect to it. I've allowed PPTP through my firewall for the connection but still no joy.
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:27 - Sep 29 with 7365 viewsHugeEnkins

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:03 - Sep 29 by HugeEnkins

Anyone managed to get this working? It generates a network error when I try to connect to it. I've allowed PPTP through my firewall for the connection but still no joy.

After a bit of dicking around, I've sorted it. I'm using getusvpn.com as the provider. I had to disable ms-chap and also enable MPPE. job done. I can now watch the footie in glorious HD

edit: the access speed for getusnvpn.com is rubbish, so I'm going to find an alternative.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 19:29]
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 09:10 - Sep 30 with 7291 viewsShaky

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:27 - Sep 29 by HugeEnkins

After a bit of dicking around, I've sorted it. I'm using getusvpn.com as the provider. I had to disable ms-chap and also enable MPPE. job done. I can now watch the footie in glorious HD

edit: the access speed for getusnvpn.com is rubbish, so I'm going to find an alternative.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 19:29]

Have you tried this for any period of time?

Gotta say Huge, that getusvpn.com was just something I found with a quick google for a free VPN.

On my current setup I installed a free alternative called hotspot shield as the VPN, which initially seemed to work well but on the second attempt I did get some buffering. Not enough to make it unusable but it was nevertheless there.

It is possible that flawless playback requires a paid solution such as the names previously mentioned, but in meantime it would be good to hear feedback as regards free options that do the job.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 09:22 - Sep 30 with 7234 viewsUxbridge

You can get a pretty decent paid one for less than a fiver a month, such as Overplay. If your router allows I just set it up at that level, as I've done with the smart DNS settings too.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 12:55 - Sep 30 with 7178 viewsDevz00

What does Hotspotshield do, Shaky?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:41 - Sep 30 with 7167 viewsShaky

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 12:55 - Sep 30 by Devz00

What does Hotspotshield do, Shaky?

The VPN part just takes all your internet traffic - incoming and outgoing - and routs it through one of their US IP addresses, masking where you are browsing from. One application might be if you make a lot of North American calls, you can sign up to Google voice with a US IP address, and get a free US number and free 'domestic' calls.

It may also give you a bit of extra security if you are using a mobile device, by encrypting your data to give you protection from snooping which is disturbingly easy over public wifi connections generally.

However, without having looked at it in any detail there are much more secure alternatives available, if that is of interest to you.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:59 - Sep 30 with 7156 viewsShaky

I just found something else that might be interesting but comes without any formal instructions: IPTV.

First of all go here to download the zipped plug: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B42OdYa12czTZ2huWjNIV0hYR0U&ddrp=1#
The first link was the one that worked for me under windows, and the other ones are probably for Android and Linux.

Then go here http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=LL49acnw and:
1) Press CTRL+a
2) Press CTRL+c
3) Open up any text editor, create a new fiel, then CTRL+v to paste the content in.
4) Save this somewhere on your hard disk with any name you like but with the file extension m3u.

Now go to XBMC and then
Settings-->Live TV-->Enable
Click on any boxes that come up

Next go To Settings --> Add ons--Install from Zip
and browse to where you saved the zip file in the first step.

Can't quite remember the exact sequence next but you need to select the newly installed pvr.IPTV client as the Live TV plug.

The goto Setting--> Add ons-->Enabled Add ons-->PVR Clients--> Right click on new plug and configure

On the general tab click to toggle File location so it reads 'Local Path' then in the M3U box point it to where you saved the list earlier and once loaded restart the xbmc installation.

The quality of the channels is somewhat variable but some seem to be in HD. I am not sure yet quite how this all works but the the download link for the M3U file I posted may expire on the 3rd Oct, and the contents may require updating at a later stage so more work may be required. It needs no vpn, however ;-)
[Post edited 30 Sep 2014 14:06]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:02 - Sep 30 with 7149 viewsUxbridge

I tried that IPTV bundle a while back. Bit hit and miss but some good quality stuff. Think Neathjack put some details up about it. He'll know anyway.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024