Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Last 16 00:04 - Sep 25 with 3163 viewsdameedna

Will he go for it?
The Last 16 on 00:07 - Sep 25 with 3161 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No Europa league, so why not

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Last 16 on 00:12 - Sep 25 with 3146 viewshammy

I must admit that I'm not too bothered by progress in the COC. I would much prefer that we concentrated on the PL and tried to finish as high up the table as possible. The FA Cup on the other hand is a different matter ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The Last 16 on 08:44 - Sep 25 with 3025 viewsSpratty

The Last 16 on 00:12 - Sep 25 by hammy

I must admit that I'm not too bothered by progress in the COC. I would much prefer that we concentrated on the PL and tried to finish as high up the table as possible. The FA Cup on the other hand is a different matter ...

Garry would no doubt prefer to create his own cup history by winning the FA Cup, rather than repeating the COC.

But given we are well on our way, it is a potential way into Europe and Liverpool have not been playing well; then I think there can be little doubt we will give it a good go.

With no Europe this year the cups themselves are not too burdensome. Although I agree about the league as it currently seems very open this year so may be a golden opportunity to really go for it. Both should not be a problem so long as we don't start amassing injuries this year.
The Last 16 on 09:19 - Sep 25 with 2977 viewsMattG

The Last 16 on 08:44 - Sep 25 by Spratty

Garry would no doubt prefer to create his own cup history by winning the FA Cup, rather than repeating the COC.

But given we are well on our way, it is a potential way into Europe and Liverpool have not been playing well; then I think there can be little doubt we will give it a good go.

With no Europe this year the cups themselves are not too burdensome. Although I agree about the league as it currently seems very open this year so may be a golden opportunity to really go for it. Both should not be a problem so long as we don't start amassing injuries this year.

Agree with all of this. We're already in the last 16 so four more wins and we're back in Europe.

Would make little sense to have fielded the team we did against Everton and then wimp out against Liverpool.
The Last 16 on 09:37 - Sep 25 with 2943 viewsStarsky

I want to win trophies. Both cups please. It doesnt mean were going to get relegated.

It's just the internet, init.

The Last 16 on 10:08 - Sep 25 with 2905 viewsSwansNZ

The Last 16 on 09:37 - Sep 25 by Starsky

I want to win trophies. Both cups please. It doesnt mean were going to get relegated.

You also get a trophy for winning the Premier League - the treble is on!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Last 16 on 10:11 - Sep 25 with 2895 viewsunion_jack

I agree, though we may be in the minority!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Last 16 on 10:31 - Sep 25 with 2866 viewsraynor94

Is it that difficult to concentrate on the league and the cup? we are not in Europe another international break coming up, let's give it a real go

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

The Last 16 on 10:33 - Sep 25 with 2865 viewsFar_Post

For the top six clubs the Premier and Champions League is very much their priority. The financial rewards of success in those competitions is huge.

However this does open the door for clubs of our size to look at domestic cups and have a good crack at them.

Sunderland made the final last year, we won it the year before. The year before that Cardiff took Liverpool to penalties and before that it was Birmingham beating Arsenal in the final.

Bring it on I say!

Blog: The C Word

The Last 16 on 12:45 - Sep 25 with 2782 viewshammy

The Last 16 on 10:31 - Sep 25 by raynor94

Is it that difficult to concentrate on the league and the cup? we are not in Europe another international break coming up, let's give it a real go

I think I've changed my mind; what the hell, let's go full out for everything !! Going to get tickets for Anfield as well ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The Last 16 on 13:28 - Sep 25 with 2709 viewsStarsky

The Last 16 on 12:45 - Sep 25 by hammy

I think I've changed my mind; what the hell, let's go full out for everything !! Going to get tickets for Anfield as well ;)

You're no fun at all. That was too easy.

It's just the internet, init.

The Last 16 on 15:50 - Sep 25 with 2638 viewsjackonicko

That's an interesting OP.

I'm not sure if I've shared this already, but I reckon GM will go with a strong XI for this one. It's the last 16 now, after all.
The Last 16 on 18:03 - Sep 25 with 2562 viewsItchySphincter

Of course he'll go for it. First full season in management, strong League finish, good cup run, it's a no brainer.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024