Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone remember Robin Friday? 23:00 - Oct 9 with 4265 viewsthe_oracle

Was talking to a friend who said he was reading a book called the "The Greatest Footballer you Never saw". Thought I'd look him up.Any one remember him playing for C.Diff.? Sounds like a bit of a character.

"(Friday)returned to the team for the away match at Brighton & Hove Albion on 29 October 1977, with Cardiff once again in the relegation zone, in 20th place on goal difference.[102]

Friday was marked during the game by Mark Lawrenson, who so frustrated the Cardiff forward with his close attention that Friday waited for Lawrenson to attempt a slide tackle and then kicked him in the face.[11] After receiving a red card, Friday left the ground with the game still going on; according to legend, before leaving he broke into the Brighton dressing room and defecated in Lawrenson's kit bag" A man of excellent judgement,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Friday
Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 08:37 - Oct 10 with 4110 viewsyescomeon

On the cover of the 'The Man Don't Give a F*ck' Super Fury Animals single, it's a great photo. Never seen him play though.

Upthecity!

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 08:42 - Oct 10 with 4102 viewsScoobyWho

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 08:37 - Oct 10 by yescomeon

On the cover of the 'The Man Don't Give a F*ck' Super Fury Animals single, it's a great photo. Never seen him play though.

Pants band. Friday was what Trundle became, a football clubs maestro, fans loved him, in Fridays case he chucked it out with the empty beer bottles. In Trundles case he made history. What would you rather be a photo on a shi t bands product or Lee Trundle, revered and in a job where he achieves and has life long longevity.

Friday was a drunkard and a wife beater. The fact he kicked a football for Reading. Etc doesn't excuse it. Good read though, just a sad sad man.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 10:08 - Oct 10 with 4035 viewsJohnw102

I was living in Reading when he was playing for them, one of the most gifted natural players I have ever seen. Scored the best goal I have ever seen, it was against Tranmere ball played in the air to him edge of the box, control on his chest, turned in mid air and hit it into the net, not only the fans applauded that one, but also Tranmere players and the ref Clive Thomas. Friday's celebration? Ran behind the goal and kissed the PC standing there. If ever the term flawed genius was penned about a player it was RF.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 10:39 - Oct 10 with 4007 viewsyescomeon

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 08:42 - Oct 10 by ScoobyWho

Pants band. Friday was what Trundle became, a football clubs maestro, fans loved him, in Fridays case he chucked it out with the empty beer bottles. In Trundles case he made history. What would you rather be a photo on a shi t bands product or Lee Trundle, revered and in a job where he achieves and has life long longevity.

Friday was a drunkard and a wife beater. The fact he kicked a football for Reading. Etc doesn't excuse it. Good read though, just a sad sad man.

Shit band my arse, best Band to come out of Wales. All opinion of course.

Upthecity!

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 16:59 - Oct 10 with 3862 viewsQuakerJack

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 10:39 - Oct 10 by yescomeon

Second to the manics, but yeah great band.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 21:03 - Oct 10 with 3768 viewsWantagejack

Timely post. Talking to friend tonight who used to play for Reading and knew him. Confirmed he was a brilliant player but flawed character. Died aged about 40. Be interested to read the book.
Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 09:43 - Oct 11 with 3641 viewsScoobyWho

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 21:03 - Oct 10 by Wantagejack

Timely post. Talking to friend tonight who used to play for Reading and knew him. Confirmed he was a brilliant player but flawed character. Died aged about 40. Be interested to read the book.

Written by the guy who had something to do with Oasis.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2014 9:46]

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 09:44 - Oct 11 with 3637 viewsScoobyWho

Anyone remember Robin Friday? on 10:39 - Oct 10 by yescomeon

Indeed, I said PANTS btw.
Each to their own, I prefer more honest music, underground the underground

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024