Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews 01:27 - Oct 30 with 2866 viewsphact0rri

Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews on 01:27 - Oct 30 with 2865 viewsphact0rri

I was listening to the ManCity v Newcastle cup match on Talksports this evening and one of the commentors mentioned something with the run of awful calls as of late, that I thought made a lot of sense.

In many leagues (he mentioneded Bundesliga) they have the chief ref to do interviews at the end of the match answering questions about the rulings, to hold them to task.

I know there's a lot of talk about fixing some of these situations like simulations and such and talk of having video feed and what not. But I quite like the idea of our referees doing post match interviews. It might take some of the "why" out of the shop and also put them to a standard that our managers have at the choices being made.

What do you all think?

Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews on 02:26 - Oct 30 with 2842 viewsSwansNZ

Maybe so, but while some decisions are clearly wrong, you have to give the ref “some” slack - TV viewers do get endless replays from numerous angles, but yes, I’d like to see it.

What I’d rather see is people like Victor Moses interviewed — “Victor, as a highly tuned athlete, can you explain why a slight tug of the shirt resulted in you losing control of your legs, you big cheating b@stard”

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews on 09:10 - Oct 30 with 2780 viewsItchySphincter

Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews on 02:26 - Oct 30 by SwansNZ

Maybe so, but while some decisions are clearly wrong, you have to give the ref “some” slack - TV viewers do get endless replays from numerous angles, but yes, I’d like to see it.

What I’d rather see is people like Victor Moses interviewed — “Victor, as a highly tuned athlete, can you explain why a slight tug of the shirt resulted in you losing control of your legs, you big cheating b@stard”

Yeah, the media shouldn't be afraid to call players and managers out on their bullshit, make them squirm a bit. Can't hang the referee out to dry after every game though. There is already a lack of respect between players and refs, highlighting a mistake or weakness isn't going to help as the players are most often at fault for trying to con the officials in the first place.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews on 05:03 - Oct 31 with 2708 viewsphact0rri

I don't mean hang the refs out to dry or point fingers. It shouldn't be some sort of lynching after every match or anything.. at least thats not how I would invision it.

I was thinking, just it would be a 3 to 5 minute bit where people could ask about the different decisions. Honestly if they could tell people why they made the decisions they made, I think it could be a way to hopefully ease tensions.

Of course I hear the training for english referees aren't exactly in line with other countries either.. which could be part of the problem.

Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews on 08:59 - Oct 31 with 2668 viewsDewi1jack

Maybe an interview the next day, when the emotions have died down a little.
Got to agree with SwansNZ.
If a player appears to have gone down, without any contact, too easily, holding his face, holding other players down or any other form of cheating then he should be questioned about it.
If the FA and all the other governing bodies aren't going to retrospectively ban these cheating tw@s, shame them into maybe changing their ways. Seemed to work on Moses last week.
Plus it shows the refs who the con artists are.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024